Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

roryc wrote: »
    huh? :confused:

what made you think i wasn't doing this every game?? Its not exactly hidden!

you asked how to ensure you are "prepared", well if you pick the formation the opposition uses it comes up that your prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

lol wtf?

you asked a question, he gave you a correct answer. what more could one want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    you asked how to ensure you are "prepared", well if you pick the formation the opposition uses it comes up that your prepared.

sorry sorry my bad :o

didn't realise you were answering that question! Im an idiot...

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Thats what I mean, I'm not sure why every single one of my players decided to play so bad... looking at the skill levels of our teams overall, Im well ahead of him, all my players were well in form, just decided to play absolutely rubbish on the day?? As you said my keeper is a 7 bar and for some reason decided to play as a 2... go figure... Spent over 1.5 million on form training last week, glad to see it paid off :)

This kind of c*ck up where the squad decides not to turn up has only ever happened when I play offensive at home so I won't be doing this any more...

hahahahahahha

it hurts bad dont it. That Dr Lego swine. One day he will get his but till then your words form the rod to beat you with.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Clondalkin Athletic continue their rise to the top by proceeding to dominate Division 2 winning their first 2 games convincingly. Looks to be a third consecutive season of battling it out with Kautos Stars for the title/promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,005 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I didn't know the League had started until I seen the thread on Monday. Got hammered in the first game as a result of no preparation.
    Today I got robbed, had all the possession but conceded a 91st minute goal to come out with a draw. Bad start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

second 2-0 win in a row, solid start from the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

from bad to worse 3-0 loss against genericgoon.:mad:
    you got my playmaker and stopped my through plays.:mad::mad:
    time for a harry houdini....

second straight 0-0 draw. Guessed his formation etc and my new keeper finally played to his strengths. Next week is another away fixture versus Rolly United's band of young superstars. He got his NINE BAR midfielder sent off today which is good news for me, but Im sure the youth system will throw some more wonderkids his way soon :)

I've only two points from the first 3 games but like Man U, at least after this week I'll have all the tough away fixtures out of the way!

Kirkby AFC extend their lead at the top with a jammy 94th minute winner vs Rolly...

• Advertisement

well and truly spanked today 6-1. Picked some idiotic tactics to be using away from home to one of the best teams.

second straight 0-0 draw. Guessed his formation etc and my new keeper finally played to his strengths. Next week is another away fixture versus Rolly United's band of young superstars. He got his NINE BAR midfielder sent off today which is good news for me, but Im sure the youth system will throw some more wonderkids his way soon :)

I've only two points from the first 3 games but like Man U, at least after this week I'll have all the tough away fixtures out of the way!

Kirkby AFC extend their lead at the top with a jammy 94th minute winner vs Rolly...

ehhhh you would actually be surprised to hear that Rolly United pulled one back on on Kirkby to lose 3-2 in the 94th minute.

Still at least your chumps have an unbeaten run put together after Terry Cook and his boys paddled your behind.

Good for you.

Emmo

Emmo wrote: »
    ehhhh you would actually be surprised to hear that Rolly United pulled one back on on Kirkby to lose 3-2 in the 94th minute.

Still at least your chumps have an unbeaten run put together after Terry Cook and his boys paddled your behind.

Good for you.

Emmo

Ah right you are, only had a quick glance over the games... nice result. Nice run your on, 3 wins out of 3 against teams that (on paper) really should be beating you. Your players must be playing out of their skin... See if you can keep it up for the full 14 games, improve on last seasons RELEGATION. Something Luck FTW have never experienced after two successive promotions :)

btw, who the f**k is Terry Cook??

Ah right you are, only had a quick glance over the games... nice result. Nice run your on, 3 wins out of 3 against teams that (on paper) really should be beating you. Your players must be playing out of their skin... See if you can keep it up for the full 14 games, improve on last seasons RELEGATION. Something Luck FTW have never experienced after two successive promotions :)

btw, who the f**k is Terry Cook??

In the immortal words of Mick Hucknall If you dont know by now, you will never never never know!

on paper why should they be beating Dr Lego and Kirkby?

Emmo

put my first points up with a 1-1 draw against Let Christy Take It.
    hopefully onto better times.:)

In the immortal words of Mick Hucknall If you dont know by now, you will never never never know!

on paper why should they be beating Dr Lego and Kirkby?

Emmo

Just that skill wise, you have been beating much better teams. For instance, (thanks to an overly generous youth system!) Rolly United have one 9 bar midfielder, two 7 bar midfielders, two 8 bar defenders, two 7 bar defenders, one 7 bar (20 yr old!!!) forward, and the rest of the team is made up entirely of 6 bars.

Kirkby on the other hand have no 9 bars, no 8 bars, three 7 bar players, a few 6 bars and the rest 5 bars and even a few FOURS!

The difference between the teams (skill wise) is absolutely HUGE. Things like form and preparation/ home advantage etc obviously come into it, but the fact of the matter is you are beating teams that should be beating you with ease... all IMO of course!

Good luck

(Anyway I don't pretend to know exactly how the game works :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Lost 3-2 to Kirkby. Despite having 60% of the possession and a 7-4 goal chances ratio. However, they took their chances so fair dues to you. Nowhere near as sickening as the loss to Kandor where I absolutely dominated them tactically but their team somehow had a perfect game to counteract it. ¬_¬ Anyways, I hope I can get back to form with a victory over Luck FTW.

Lost 3-2 to Kirkby. Despite having 60% of the possession and a 7-4 goal chances ratio. However, they took their chances so fair dues to you. Nowhere near as sickening as the loss to Kandor where I absolutely dominated them tactically but their team somehow had a perfect game to counteract it. ¬_¬ Anyways, I hope I can get back to form with a victory over Luck FTW.

I hope otherwise!

I hope otherwise!

You may be in for one of those backlashes that you hear so much about. :D

Just that skill wise, you have been beating much better teams. For instance, (thanks to an overly generous youth system!) Rolly United have one 9 bar midfielder, two 7 bar midfielders, two 8 bar defenders, two 7 bar defenders, one 7 bar (20 yr old!!!) forward, and the rest of the team is made up entirely of 6 bars.

Kirkby on the other hand have no 9 bars, no 8 bars, three 7 bar players, a few 6 bars and the rest 5 bars and even a few FOURS!

The difference between the teams (skill wise) is absolutely HUGE. Things like form and preparation/ home advantage etc obviously come into it, but the fact of the matter is you are beating teams that should be beating you with ease... all IMO of course!

Good luck

(Anyway I don't pretend to know exactly how the game works :) )

yeah must be a voodoo curse.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

A 4-0 win today for Clondalkin over Red Devils to maintain 100% record and 2 point lead in Div 2. Similar start to last season but somehow I only managed to seal the title on the last day last season. Will try to ensure we don't have to put our bums through that experience again but Kautos Stars are keeping up the pressure with a 6-1 victory over Rebel Athletic.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

got my first win, 1-0. Yay go me!

1-1 draw away to last years league winners Rolly United leaves me at the foot of the table. Not too worried as I've all the tough away fixtures out of the way now. I've picked up two points in tough away fixtures against two teams that both beat me home + away last season.

Seems to have been the week of late goals, I went ahead in the 84th minute only for Rolly to equalise in the 88th :(. Meanwhile Getouttathagarden move up to 2nd with an 83rd minute winner vs Kev's Devastated. And Kirkby AFC managed to salvage a point and avoid their first defeat of the season with 91st minute equaliser!!

After three consecutive tough away fixtures, I've a must-win home game next week against 'Let Christy Take It'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Handy 4-0 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

1-0 loss :(

Good result today for Dr Lego. Got his tactics spot on and a draw away from home is a good result specially against someone who will challenge.

Luck FTW are bottom of the league and by Christ they will take some shifting.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,005 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

game is rigged imo. Lags beat me the same way as last season, almost identical, same scoreline with the goals coming around the same time of the match, I have an injured defender again same as last season. meh, pity all the results were not the same as last year. :(

Good result today for Dr Lego. Got his tactics spot on and a draw away from home is a good result specially against someone who will challenge.

Luck FTW are bottom of the league and by Christ they will take some shifting.

Emmo

lol we'll see... A twice promoted league winning club like Luck FTW won't be down for long! We've the toughest away games out of the way, and we're only 4 points off 2nd place. All to play for!

At least my team didn't need a 91st minute winner to salvage a point :D Looks like Kirkby are getting a bit of a nosebleed being out of the relegation zone for so long, the wheels are starting to come off hehe

4-0 win, one of those being an og - they also missed a peno. 3rd on the table, yay! probably all downhill from here:p

1-1 draw. Lucky to get the late goal to equalise but had the better of the games possession and chances so shouldn't have been in that position anyways. Next a game against old rivals Getouttathegarden.

lol we'll see... A twice promoted league winning club like Luck FTW won't be down for long! We've the toughest away games out of the way, and we're only 4 points off 2nd place. All to play for!

At least my team didn't need a 91st minute winner to salvage a point :D Looks like Kirkby are getting a bit of a nosebleed being out of the relegation zone for so long, the wheels are starting to come off hehe

Nosebleed?

you rattled mate.

You resemble some kind of rich tea thats been over dunked.

I have had a fine start to the season. 3 wins and 1 draw. Got all the promoted clubs out of the way and played away from home twice and didnt get beat. 10 points from 12 is a nice start to the season. Its not perfect but its a hell of a lot better than propping up the league.

We will keep going as we do and hopefully you can make it a decent return game and not just make up the numbers.

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lost 1-0, goal in the 92nd minute, 9 yellow cards in the match, they ended up with 2 injuries.

Nosebleed?

you rattled mate.

You resemble some kind of rich tea thats been over dunked.

I have had a fine start to the season. 3 wins and 1 draw. Got all the promoted clubs out of the way and played away from home twice and didnt get beat. 10 points from 12 is a nice start to the season. Its not perfect but its a hell of a lot better than propping up the league.

We will keep going as we do and hopefully you can make it a decent return game and not just make up the numbers.

Emmo

Did you just compare me to a biscuit? Hehe thats a first :)

Congrats on the good start, I don't think anyone saw that coming. You were in dire need of some results after a relegation and a meaningless mid table finish... Im 4 points of 2nd and 7 points behind you.

As I said to a mate of mine who has been supporting Hull the last 20 years, its a dream start for you but the season isn't over after 4 games :D.

I plan on doing more than making up the numbers next time mate, nothing less than a 2-0 victory will make my boys happy!

Did you just compare me to a biscuit? Hehe thats a first :)

Congrats on the good start, I don't think anyone saw that coming. You were in dire need of some results after a relegation and a meaningless mid table finish... Im 4 points of 2nd and 7 points behind you.

As I said to a mate of mine who has been supporting Hull the last 20 years, its a dream start for you but the season isn't over after 4 games :D.

I plan on doing more than making up the numbers next time mate, nothing less than a 2-0 victory will make my boys happy!

aim for the stars anyway chuckles.

2-0?

Why not stick 5 passed me, it was easy against you.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ship the 5-0 win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

0-0 draw away from home.

4-0 home win for Kirkby, good start to the season. Lots done, more to do.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

A nice 7-0 win for me, (with a load of first teamers rested and all my young lads and old timers playing) and a lovely 100% record after 5 games.

Roll on Stanley Victor FC away next, if I win that match I can't see me not winning the league...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

First win of the season. About time, too although I'm fiidng it much tougher keeping my players on form this season, it's eating up all my money!

5-0 loss.
    lose a 6 star defender until dec.
    can't get any form going atm:confused:

• Advertisement

Game is starting to annoy me... 0-0 draw, 4th consecutive draw, and i've only scored one goal in the last four games.

My defense i doing brilliantly, but for some reason I just cannot score goals. Had four chances today and couldn't score any... my strikers are all on top form, they were knocking in 3 or four goals a game last season and are facing WORSE defenders this year??

Im guessing formation etc correcting pretty much every game, spending millions on form training but just cannot score goals

No consistency in the game, fairly frustrating!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

at least your posts are consistent;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Any spaces in the league at the moment?

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    at least your posts are consistent;)

i try...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Im guessing formation etc correcting pretty much every game, spending millions on form training but just cannot score goals

As in many cases, maybe your strikers are just rubbish :D

You can be prepared as you like, but with Ade Akinbiyi upfront...

theres loads of consistancy in the game, youre just doing something wrong over and over and over again. then whinging about it

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    As in many cases, maybe your strikers are just rubbish :D

You can be prepared as you like, but with Ade Akinbiyi upfront...

yeh my strikers are totally under performing, wll need to give them a kick up the arse :D

Helix wrote: »
    theres loads of consistancy in the game, youre just doing something wrong over and over and over again. then whinging about it

helpful as always...

roryc wrote:
    yeh my strikers are totally under performing, wll need to give them a kick up the arse :D

i bought a 6 rated striker last season with attributes of coolness and goal scoring and played him nearly every game. He didn't score a single goal and dropped down to a 4 this season. Can just be unlucky sometimes i think.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i bought a 6 rated striker last season with attributes of coolness and goal scoring and played him nearly every game. He didn't score a single goal and dropped down to a 4 this season. Can just be unlucky sometimes i think.

Yeh I bought a 7-bar striker, then realised he was actually only a 6-bar (feckin agent!), he is on form 14 and yet he hasn't scored yet all season... reckon i might have to transfer list him

Need to fluke a few 6 bars through the youth system like a few people have. All I've had is 3 bars and one 4 bar...

helpful as always...

its the truth tho

every matchday you come in here and post a carbon copy whinge about how the game is crap because youre CLEARLY great and should be winning every match you play

there IS consistency in the game, because good managers in it will consistently finish near the top of their league, bar the occasional hiccup. if it was the way you suggest it is, itd be a random free for all season after season

1-1 today, but Woo-hoo! I'm third in div1, I have to say I was sightly concerned at the start of the season, that there were managers who seemed to actually know what they were doing!:P And there are, but there is definitely something to getting your tactics right;) I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two:o:p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement