Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Helix wrote: »
    its the truth tho

every matchday you come in here and post a carbon copy whinge about how the game is crap because youre CLEARLY great and should be winning every match you play

there IS consistency in the game, because good managers in it will consistently finish near the top of their league, bar the occasional hiccup. if it was the way you suggest it is, itd be a random free for all season after season

carbon copy whinge? lol I go on a little rant about things if my team aren't performing, who gives a sh*t, its a f***ing game ffs... Plenty of other people are doing it here and in the press releases. Also please point out one post where i have said 'the game is crap'.

I was told in season one that luck has a lot to do with the game, and there is a fair bit of randomness to it, either way, its only a game...

Its not exactly a random free for all, but i've looked at the results in my league and a few others, and there's more than 'the occasional hiccup'...

Christ if you don't want to read my posts, report them. I've already reported a few of yours, its fairly easy actually. No wonder the rules are so strict in this forum compared to others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

roryc wrote: »
    Christ if you don't want to read my posts, report them. I've already reported a few of yours, its fairly easy actually. No wonder the rules are so strict in this forum compared to others...

why would someone report posts they didnt want to read?

thats not exactly in keeping with the charter

youre saying the rules are strict on here because i call you to task on coming on here every match day and complaining about this and that, and how the game is nonsense, and you should have won coz your team is so much better etc etc etc? get a grip

you do it every week, just leave the game if you dont like it

your reporting of my posts would seem to be more than a bit frivilous, coz the only time i ever got a warning/banning on here was for something i said about the scouse. i suggest you stop wasting mods time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Any spaces in the league at the moment?

There may be some absent managers we can give the boot to. I'll talk to Kev and check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Game is starting to annoy me... 0-0 draw, 4th consecutive draw, and i've only scored one goal in the last four games.

My defense i doing brilliantly, but for some reason I just cannot score goals. Had four chances today and couldn't score any... my strikers are all on top form, they were knocking in 3 or four goals a game last season and are facing WORSE defenders this year??

Im guessing formation etc correcting pretty much every game, spending millions on form training but just cannot score goals

No consistency in the game, fairly frustrating!!

Poor work men blame their tools.

See you overpaid for your skill 7 striker too.

tut tut

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

wardie wrote: »
    There may be some absent managers we can give the boot to. I'll talk to Kev and check

There are 2 that havent logged in in a month and 2 waiting, dmythdmandledge and another guy.

booting now..

Helix wrote: »
    why would someone report posts they didnt want to read?

thats not exactly in keeping with the charter

youre saying the rules are strict on here because i call you to task on coming on here every match day and complaining about this and that, and how the game is nonsense, and you should have won coz your team is so much better etc etc etc? get a grip

you do it every week, just leave the game if you dont like it

your reporting of my posts would seem to be more than a bit frivilous, coz the only time i ever got a warning/banning on here was for something i said about the scouse. i suggest you stop wasting mods time

Yet again, putting words in my mouth, when did I say 'the game is nonsense'? Why are you getting so worked up over my posts? I've figured out a lot about the game from asking questions in this thread, as have others, maybe if you sked a few questions you wouldn't be sitting in the bottom league :D

And lol and the relegation hero 'Emmo' getting his little piece in... I've figured out your 'tactics' mate!! Won't be leaving my PC unlocked ya cheating swine!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57638145&postcount=885

If you two little keyboard warriers don't like my posts then put me on ignore. Im not the only one coming on here for a little rant, have a little read back, and its only a joke ffs... you two are the only people getting worked up over a game :eek:

Back OT ffs

Yet again, putting words in my mouth, when did I say 'the game is nonsense'? Why are you getting so worked up over my posts? I've figured out a lot about the game from asking questions in this thread, as have others, maybe if you sked a few questions you wouldn't be sitting in the bottom league :D

And lol and the relegation hero 'Emmo' getting his little piece in... I've figured out your 'tactics' mate!! Won't be leaving my PC unlocked ya cheating swine!!

If you two little keyboard warriers don't like my posts then put me on ignore. Im not the only one coming on here for a little rant, have a little read back, and its only a joke ffs... you two are the only people getting worked up over a game :eek:

Back OT ffs

Wait a second?

you think I am sneaking into your pc and changing your tactics?

:eek:

As for having a laugh, im having tons of them, please continue.

Emmo

Emmo wrote: »
    Wait a second?

you think I am sneaking into your pc and changing your tactics?

:eek:

How else could you be beating me? It is the only logical theory imo

**Locks Front Door**

Also, I just poached Sven Nilegård from right under your nose!!

GET THE FOOOK IN MY SON!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

How else could you be beating me? It is the only logical theory imo

**Locks Front Door**

ohhh poor Rory, you are deffo rattled mate.

:P

Emmo

Also, I just poached Sven Nilegård from right under your nose!!

GET THE FOOOK IN MY SON!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yeah thats pretty good.

Sven Nilegård is a very good skill 7 player. We had our eyes on him but we decided to buy Frank Adolfsson a 7 skill player for 2.5 Million less.

There was a press release about it.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

lolcatsdotcomiy0hwr7nqv87ch3g.jpg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    lolcatsdotcomiy0hwr7nqv87ch3g.jpg

hahahahahahahhaha

Emmo

yeah thats pretty good.

Sven Nilegård is a very good skill 7 player. We had our eyes on him but we decided to buy Frank Adolfsson a 7 skill player for 2.5 Million less.

There was a press release about it.

Emmo

Yeh yeh, you went for the bargain basement player... I'll bet he gets injured easily and is prob a diva too?

We all know you were after Nilegård but a 'small club' like yours could never afford him!

Anyway, we'll soon see which player is better!!

Oh, and stay the fook away from my PC cheater :P

ohhh poor Rory, you are deffo rattled mate.

:P

Emmo

im_lovin_it_NEW_logo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Back OT ffs

youre the only one getting worked up here lol

Yeh yeh, you went for the bargain basement player... I'll bet he gets injured easily and is prob a diva too?

We all know you were after Nilegård but a 'small club' like yours could never afford him!

Anyway, we'll soon see which player is better!!

Oh, and stay the fook away from my PC cheater :P

im_lovin_it_NEW_logo.jpg

I bet ya he aint. I bet you €5

Emmo

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

LOL.....this thread is gas. It's like the WAGS thread or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

You know you're all just pee'd off you didn't snap up Jovan Stojakovic when you had the chance, 9 games, 9 goals, 3 assists so far in his career.

Banging in the goals and IMO giving me the best strike force on the Boards league, with him being a 7 rated, 25 year old with heading and Goal instincts to go along with my beautifully nurtured 8 rated 24 year old Damien Mourne who's got 3 goals, 1 assist and 5 Xpert XI appearances in his first 5 games this season.

I'm finally getting the hang of this game and once I sort out my midfield I'll be a savage side for years to come....

Can't wait for my match against Helix on Thursday

• Advertisement

I bet ya he aint. I bet you €5

Emmo

Yeh why not, my striker won't be starting for a few weeks, so once he starts we do a tot on goals scored till the end of the season?

Winner gets 5 shiny yoyo's :cool:

Oh and nice one getting that stiker Ste, 9 goals is fairly impressive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

I was told in season one that luck has a lot to do with the game, and there is a fair bit of randomness to it, either way, its only a game...
    Luck has nothing to do with it. If you want to know where you've gone wrong go onto the main forum and post your tactics, you'll get someone that will point out where you are going wrong.

Why would I go onto the main forum to discuss something to with the xpert game???

Also lol that luck has nothing to do with it... it has a small part to do with it, check back over the earlier posts, Im not sure who originally posted that.

Also, the tactics etc aren't rocket science ffs... I was more interested in finding out how to be 'prepared' for games, when to give players form training etc, all questions which have been answered perfectly in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Why would I go onto the main forum to discuss something to with the xpert game???

Also lol that luck has nothing to do with it... it has a small part to do with it, check back over the earlier posts, Im not sure who originally posted that.

Also, the tactics etc aren't rocket science ffs... I was more interested in finding out how to be 'prepared' for games, when to give players form training etc, all questions which have been answered perfectly in this thread.
    Main forum of xpert 11.

Whoever said that earlier was wrong.

What's that got to do with luck or randomness? There's a bit of luck in youth offers but apart from that I don't thinks there's much more.

Ah right, didn't realise there was an xpert forum, will have a look, cheers. I'm not in any other league, just the boards one, so haven't really looked around too much.

Maybe there isn't much luck in it, I'm only going on what was posted here, someone said it was 30% luck or something like that, not bothered trawling back through the posts

As for the 'randomness' thing, just seems that some of the results aren't as they should be... if there was no luck then teams with better skill/tactics would win every time. Like real football, this simply isn't the case.

IMO there isn't all that much to the game, you pick tactics, try and guess their formation, man mark their play maker, try and play a formation that will do well against a specific team, play differently depending on the ref, keep your players fit etc... Its not like you have hours of work to do before each game is it!

Unless Im missing something... (actually I prob am based on this seasons results :D )

Yeh why not, my striker won't be starting for a few weeks, so once he starts we do a tot on goals scored till the end of the season?

Winner gets 5 shiny yoyo's :cool:

Oh and nice one getting that stiker Ste, 9 goals is fairly impressive...

I was referring to you saying he was a Diva or Injury prone.

He is neither, just a plain player, skill 7.

He wont even play most of the time for me, not with my front line in the best form of their lives, thats 17 goals in 5 games and 3 lads in the top 10 scorers.

Nah I can prove to you he doesnt have any other skills, you buy him and then promise to sell him back to me.

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He wont even play most of the time for me, not with my front line in the best form of their lives, thats 17 goals in 5 games and 3 lads in the top 10 scorers.

Nah I can prove to you he doesnt have any other skills, you buy him and then promise to sell him back to me.

Emmo

i can be the independent adjudicator - sell him to me!

Emmo

tell you what, just give me your username and password and ill check. I promise I won't sell all your players

tell you what, just give me your username and password and ill check. I promise I won't sell all your players

oh chicken, thats ok.
    I understand.

Looking forward to putting some points on the board today?

Emmo

oh chicken, thats ok.
    I understand.

Looking forward to putting some points on the board today?

Emmo

3 minutes until rant... places everybody...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Came from a goal down to win 2-1 in the 89th. Unbeaten in three.

• Advertisement

Won 3-1... boo-urns, was looking forward to a rant :(

3-0 win despite forgetting to do my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fairly comfy 2-0 win. delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

rafaloution getting off to a good start.....very unlike them....

KevIRL wrote: »

Yeh I saw that, nice result...

First loss of the season, 2-1 away to Stanley Victor, blows Div 5 wide open, I'm still top by goal difference, but with Victor having 2 walkovers next it's unlikely it'll remain like that for long :(.

I have 3 tough games coming up now, away and then home to Premier Stars (who had a nice 5-0 away victory to rudderless Killinaskully FC) then followed by the return visit of Stanley Victor.

Interesting times, my midfield is severely lacking and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I lost to SV today who had a much stronger midfield, even though my average rating up front was a lovely 9, my average of 5 in midfield compared to SV's 7 lost me the match I think. Had a pretty terrible first half but came good in the second half, disappointed to let in the winning goal instead of scoring it myself... ah well GG Helix, see in in 2 games time on my patch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I won! 0-3! methinks is a battle for third unless there are some slip-up at the top (div1)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i think i'm gonna get relegated. i feel it in my waters. botom of the table now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

It seems my team just cant catch a break. Tactics alright, marked your playmaker and I still get a 3-0 beating. One of those games. I'm pretty sure my team has to come good at some stage considering the quality I have in it.

It seems my team just cant catch a break. Tactics alright, marked your playmaker and I still get a 3-0 beating. One of those games. I'm pretty sure my team has to come good at some stage considering the quality I have in it.

I know the feeling... I only got my first win this week, after 4 consecutive draws (3 of them 0-0 :( )

I think we're putting too much faith in guessing formation and playmaker, seems they don't have too much sway in the result... I got pointed over to the xpert forum the other day, its actually handy enough

• Advertisement

4-1 away win against Kirkby. :D

Yeh you absolutely destroyed him Kev :D

2nd successive win pushes me up to 4th, 2 points behind you...

Yeh you absolutely destroyed him Kev :D

With the return fixture next up I wont be drawn into making any comments that Dr Lego could use to inspire his team....

The wheels are coming off my team, a 0-0 draw away from home today was pretty annoying, but the worst thing about the whole thing was the effect it had on the form of my strikers!! It did serious damage... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

2-3 loss at home. 3 defenders out and not in any form. leaking goals left right and centre!!:mad:

With the return fixture next up I wont be drawn into making any comments that Dr Lego could use to inspire his team....

Ah wheres the fun in that :P

Not sure there is anything that he could do.

He got everything right, your team just hammered them.

Good result, well done.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭Bambaata

hey all. are there any teams available at present? Am getting a little tired of one of my private teams so was thinking of a change.

Also if anyone is interested in getting a team in another private league we're looming to expand to a 8/8/8 over at a DMI league - http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=136659 - We play Mondays and Thursdays at 11 at the moment but that might change dependent on what the majority want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

another win looks like I'm getting a rub of the green at last hopefully will be able to come back to Div1 this year but it's still early days. Good points haul so far which gives us 'possibilities' no? Good teams in the league and any of the teams with a good run could make any of the top three places. Good luck to all.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

2-1 victory against let christy take it. Once again, a very unconvincing performance. The minnows once again nearly perfect form against me. Anyways, away leg next. Hopefully I can pick up the 3 points and keep pushing for that promotion place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement