Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

A 2-1 away with at the Green slimy yolks puts me top of the Premier Division. Next up a big clash with Lags XI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

2-1 loss to Kirkby.
    Made a royal f*** up in choosing an injured defender:eek::eek:
    Relegation looms large:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

lost 2-0. there'll be rolickings in the dressing room!

my new youth signing played a 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

5-0 away win pushes me into promotion spot. Idiot striker injured himself in his debut game...

FIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

roryc wrote: »
    5-0 away win pushes me into promotion spot. Idiot striker injured himself in his debut game...

FIX

Was he not injured when you signed him.

I looked at signing him and he was not fit, had a red cross.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Helix wrote: »
    edging ever closer to promotion

2-1 away win against ste05
    A solid win too, your midfield completely ran the show. Congrats, the league looks like it's there for the taking now.

Emmo wrote: »
    Was he not injured when you signed him.

I looked at signing him and he was not fit, had a red cross.

Emmo

Yeh he was injured for a week when i got him, brought hm back to full fitness and he gets injured again 24 minutes into his debut... renamed him Berbatov but prob should have gone with Saha... he's turning into a feckin sick note

Im liking the VIP thing...

Yeh he was injured for a week when i got him, brought hm back to full fitness and he gets injured again 24 minutes into his debut... renamed him Berbatov but prob should have gone with Saha... he's turning into a feckin sick note

Im liking the VIP thing...

turning into?

He was being sold because he was injured. Most likely could not keep him fit either.

Does he has the injury prone icon?

Emmo

turning into?

He was being sold because he was injured. Most likely could not keep him fit either.

Does he has the injury prone icon?

Emmo

No, he's actually fairly decent, maybe its just bad timing... Kandor played 'bruise' last game so maybe he was injured easily cos of that...

Need to get a few games into him before the end of the season or the change report won't be kind to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Matchday today and most of the Pools games are from Divsion 3 so lets see who can pick the right results from all those great :rolleyes: managers down there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

wardie wrote: »
    Matchday today and most of the Pools games are from Divsion 3 so lets see who can pick the right results from all those great :rolleyes: managers down there....

the leagues are still not reflective of the quality of managers in them

thatll take another 5 seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

0-0 away draw. Not good enough

wardie wrote: »

Cheers for this, havent played the pools in a while but made a bit of easy money there :)

2-1 away for me makes it 5 wins on the trot. Defense had a bit of a shocker but the two early goals were enough and we held on for the win

All to play for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

1-1 draw. Pretty much need to win every game from here on in to have any chance of promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Easy 3-1 win

• Advertisement

1-1 draw away

lodged in mid table. 12 points off top so no chance of the league, but only 1 point off promotion still.

Much better, back to back wins after losing twice to Kev sees a decent grouping towards the top.

Its crunch time next set of games.

Dev II vs Getoutof...
    Kirkby vs LetChristy
    Luck vs Rolly
    Melchester vs Kandor

If I could get a win and then Dev and Rolly both win that would be lovely for my run in which sees me play Rolly away, Garden away and then the final game of the season at home against Luck.

Nicely poised.

Also think that I will be getting **** changes for at least 3 of my lads unless I can get them some game time.

Emmo

Solid 2-0 away win. Still an outside chance of promotion but it's unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Solid 2-1 away win at Clondalkin, really tough team, even though it was a last minute winner. Promotion guaranteed so back to div 1 for me. Congrats to Kautos on their promotion also. looks like with 3 to play they have a slight edge as I have to goto their patch. Whoever wins the title will definately have earned it. Hope to keep the winning run going 8 wins on the bounce now. Best of luck Xavi also but if you dont make it up i'll see you next year.

1-1 draw really screws up my chances of winning the league. Went 1-0 up with a beautiful free kick from my superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, only for Rolly to pull it back to even (AGAIN!).

I had more chances and more possession, but yet again couln't hold on to a lead. 2nd time this season Rolly have snatched the full three points out of my grasp!

I saw their true objective though, to kick the sh*t out of all my players :mad: SIX yellow cards they picked up, and they managed to take out my star player R. Keane, out for a week....

watch out Rolly, Keano doesn't forget things :D

126646.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

1-1 draw really screws up my chances of winning the league. Went 1-0 up with a beautiful free kick from my superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, only for Rolly to pull it back to even (AGAIN!).

I had more chances and more possession, but yet again couln't hold on to a lead. 2nd time this season Rolly have snatched the full three points out of my grasp!

I saw their true objective though, to kick the sh*t out of all my players :mad: SIX yellow cards they picked up, and they managed to take out my star player R. Keane, out for a week....

watch out Rolly, Keano doesn't forget things :D

126646.jpeg

Yes, but you got the rub of the green at Generic Park where I had the majority of possession and chances. All evens itself out in the end. Anyways, any slim chance I had of promotion is now gone. Will just have to try and consolidate for next season.

Yes, but you got the rub of the green at Generic Park where I had the majority of possession and chances. All evens itself out in the end. Anyways, any slim chance I had of promotion is now gone. Will just have to try and consolidate for next season.

Still never beaten you though :(

Wouldn't discount anything yet, if you beat Kirkby next week you're well in with a chance! (you would be doing me a massive favour too hehe)

a good 3-0 win, gave a few youngsters a run out, one scored, one got an assist, both strikers involved in goals, happy days.

1-0 win and promotion secured

title decider on thursday between stanley victor and the fetid turds, whoever comes out on top is likely to be the div 5 champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

5-2 away win. Three wins on the bounce now, the great escape is on! :cool:

Still never beaten you though :(

Wouldn't discount anything yet, if you beat Kirkby next week you're well in with a chance! (you would be doing me a massive favour too hehe)

You dont need to be relying on other people to beat me. You have your chance coming up.

Emmo

1-0 loss :(

It was against the league leaders, but at home and puts a major dent in my promotion hopes.

Lads - If ye know of anyone interested in taking up a team, let them know the end of the season is coming up. There are about 5 or 6 teams that seem managerless at the moment. Gonna avoid booting anyone out, so new managers are welcome.

You dont need to be relying on other people to beat me. You have your chance coming up.

Emmo

true... revenge is probably more important than winning the league :)

KevIRL wrote: »
    1-0 loss :(

It was against the league leaders, but at home and puts a major dent in my promotion hopes.

Lads - If ye know of anyone interested in taking up a team, let them know the end of the season is coming up. There are about 5 or 6 teams that seem managerless at the moment. Gonna avoid booting anyone out, so new managers are welcome.

Kandor in our league seem to be managerless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

2-0 win. off the foot of the table. 1 point from safety. c'mon!

• Advertisement

Kandor in our league seem to be managerless
    that comment takes the sheen off my 7-1 hammering of em.
    a false dawn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I could still be either promoted or relegated depending on how the results go (there is a three point spread between the two).

Maybe we should think about bigger leagues? ;)

GuanYin wrote: »
    I could still be either promoted or relegated depending on how the results go (there is a three point spread between the two).

Maybe we should think about bigger leagues? ;)

Good idea...

(And also random turning on of dirty tricks :) )

8 teams per league is perfect, nice and tight is the way you want it

bigger leagues just mean longer seasons and a few weeks where half the league has nothing to play for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Helix wrote: »
    8 teams per league is perfect, nice and tight is the way you want it

bigger leagues just mean longer seasons and a few weeks where half the league has nothing to play for

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,005 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've played Lags four times now and he has scored 4 goals in injury time. Rory might be right.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've played Lags four times now and he has scored 4 goals in injury time. Rory might be right.
    Do you play pressure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

The last match was the only time I've ever scored in injury time against you, and that was on 90 minutes after creating 9 chances and getting manager of the round.

I scored 3 other times in the last 10 minutes and you were playing pressure in those 2 games.

Playing pressure would explain all the late goals conceded.

I don't bother with it anymore- too many late goals conceded and bad to use if you end up outnumbered in midfield.

• Advertisement

Playing pressure would explain all the late goals conceded.

I don't bother with it anymore- too many late goals conceded and bad to use if you end up outnumbered in midfield.
    I play pressure sometimes but not always, depends on the game. I didn't use them the last day and when I can log in to xpert I'll give you all the details, tried to go in there and I had an extra letter and now I can't log in for an hour.

Solid 1-1 draw confirms 4th spot. Doubt we'll be going up though.

6-1 win today :)

Defeats for Kirkby and Luck ftw leave the division 3 promotion race wide open...

3-0 loss at home to Getouttathatgarden, and had a player sent off, couldn't really have gone any worse!

I (stupidly) decided to try out playing offensive at home again... what was I thinking!! I've only lost two games all season, both from playing offensive at home. The tactic simpy doesn't work for me :(

Congrats to Getouttathatgarden, league is all yours by the looks of it.

Anyway, still in third with a chance of promotion, make or break must-win fixture against Kev next week.

5 clear with 2 games to go, its looking good for a victor title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Nice one Promotion all tied up with 2 matches to go, Division 5 is effectively finished now, with myself, Fetid Turds and Helix all guaranteed promotion and Helix just needs to get 2 points from his last 2 games and they guarantee first place.

Last game of the season should be interesting with myself and Fetid Turds playing off for second spot.

• Advertisement

4-1 loss away. relegation confirmed:o
    played the pressure option and conceded 3 in the last 20 mins, but i was constantly caught overran in midfield anyway as i played 5-3-2 AND had a man sent off!
    div 4 beckons:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Woohoo. 2-0 win makes it 5 wins from 6 and I only need a point to stay up. Next weeks match is the 3rd place decider I think. Whoever wins will most likely win promotion.

If only I hadn't missed the first half of the season :(

lost 2-0 at home and now back out of promotion spot. Still, i have teh lowest team in the league to play next so hopefully can claw my way back up again. but thats followed by the league leaders on the last day of the season...

More possession, more shots on goal and still end up with only a draw.

By the way Red Joker, theres a match missing from the records, the first time we played you scored in the 90th minute and 93rd minute to get the win. Since then you have scored three goals from the 83rd minute on.

I'm going down this season. I have done nothing much differently to the last two seasons and still my results have dived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Bah, forgot to put win bonus on, pretty stupid. Going to need TLC to do me a big favor now.
    More possession, more shots on goal and still end up with only a draw.

By the way Red Joker, theres a match missing from the records, the first time we played you scored in the 90th minute and 93rd minute to get the win. Since then you have scored three goals from the 83rd minute on.

I'm going down this season. I have done nothing much differently to the last two seasons and still my results have dived.

We've only played 4 times, twice this season and twice last season. You can see the first match if you select "show archived matches"

The first game was 2-1 with my goals coming in the 62nd and 83rd minutes. You were using pressure.

Second game was 2-2 with my goals in the 2nd and 33rd minutes. No pressure.

Third was 2-1 with my goals in the 83rd and 89th minute. You were using pressure.

The latest one was 3-2 with goals in the 28th, 50th and 90th minutes. No pressure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement