Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2-0 away win against Luck FTW means that the division 3 promotion race is going right to the wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

An away defeat means I will finish 4th no matter what happens in the last week. Time to play the young fellas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

4-0 win against melchester means Rolly United now have an outside chance of promotion with their final game against bottom of the league Kandor Town. If Luck FTW win or Devestated II lose then promotion is a real possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

A nice solid 3-0 home win for my young lads, I only have 1 young lad left who has to play my last match for everyone to be on 100% experience, so should be a good game to hopefully secure second spot in the league.

I just hope Fetid Turds have to play a load of reserves and youngsters for the decider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

championes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

4-0 win against melchester means Rolly United now have an outside chance of promotion with their final game against bottom of the league Kandor Town. If Luck FTW win or Devestated II lose then promotion is a real possibility.

Ah would you stop, I have no chance now. Your next game is a guaranteed 3 points for you, and you have a much better goal difference than me. I have 0% chance of getting promoted, the best I can hope for is to 'do a Kev' and somehow manage to move up a league anyway :)

Yet another defeat for me, seems the more time you put into this game the more it annoys you... I thought I had it cracked there but the results just seem to be totally random for me! Don't think I would have predicted a single result right this season. My home form was absolutely abysmal, I did much, much better away. This 'home advantage' thing doesn't seem to apply for me! One thing I learned this season was to never, ever, ever use aggressive when Im at home. My two biggest defeats in the history o the club came when I used this tactic, it simply doesn't work for me.

Final game next week is a grudge match vs Kirkby, and in the words of a great man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

4-0 loss against minnows Rolly!
    Relegated!

staker wrote: »
    4-0 loss against minnows Rolly!
    Relegated!

Who you calling a minnow eh?

Blurb!;)
    A little miffed at your press release tbh.:cool:Well played anyhows,you were the better team;my season was crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

champs again! having played 12 matches before today, winning 10 of them and drawing 2, you'd think i'd have the league well won by now

but no no, rafaloution have only been a point behind me all this time. finally shook them off today with a 2-1 win against them

• Advertisement

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    champs again! having played 12 matches before today, winning 10 of them and drawing 2, you'd think i'd have the league well won by now

but no no, rafaloution have only been a point behind me all this time. finally shook them off today with a 2-1 win against them
    was looking at your league today actually, im the only one whos dropped less points than you this season in all divisions

not relevant, but i just wanted a roundabout way of saying ive dropped less points than anyone else this season :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Again?!

Maybe I'm mistaken but I believe it was me who won the league last season (Refer to my latest press release for my excuse for not winning this season). Unless it was Season 1 you were referring to which I have little recollection of but you quite possibly could have won. Surely though, you cannot imply that you won the league 2 seasons running and expect to get away it, can you?

Anyway, as far as I see it it's a race to be Premier champions and until someone (i.e. me or you) from the original division 4 (the most talented and competive division in season 1) wins that title there can be no gloating.

See you in Division 1 (or as I see it The Premier League pre-season).
    :)

settle down! clearly i was referring to season 1 as my previous title

and yeah i agree the original division 4 was prob the most talented league, although the original division 2 was only a shade behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Congrats ITT was a good season and I think you definately deserved it over the season. Glad to be heading straight back up see you next year. At least now I can relax and play the kids in the final game.

The league is due to finish on Thursday 18th Dec.

Im thinking that with the Xmas break its best to start season 4 the week starting 5th Jan. Is that okay with everyone or is the 2 and a half week gap too much?

perfick

KevIRL wrote: »

Im thinking that with the Xmas break its best to start season 4 the week starting 5th Jan. Is that okay with everyone or is the 2 and a half week gap too much?

thatll do fine kev, im sure there are some who only have office access or what not so it keeps a fair playing field for everyone

That'll do nicely, good man Kev

that's grand by me kev,cheers

• Advertisement

Fine with me once people are up for a few friendlies to keep things tickin over.

a 4-0 win secures second place and promotion for me.:D

The young fellas went down 2-0 away from home but it was an even enough game. Good performance.

a fine 2-1 win away from home in the 2nd and 3rd place play off for Division 5. \o/

Roll on Division 4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

3-1 win away from home secures Div 1 title and third successive promotions along with Sparta Magyars

5-1 victory isn't enough for Rolly United, as the miss out on promotion by a point. A poor run of games at the beginning of the campaign has cost the team dearly. Oh well, will just have to do better next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,005 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Too much? Not enough imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Woohoo change report time.

how did everyones change report go? pretty happy with mine

Very, very average but it means I can clear out some dead wood. Looking to get three players in (including one that just signed tonight) and have to cash to do so.

I'm happy with mine.

Must go and set up the new season actually.....

EDIT - New season created with a start date of 5 Jan 2009. In the mean time get playing those friendlies. Its the first season where I havent had to reduce the size of the league, which is great. There are a couple of inactive managers though if anyone wants to join....

• Advertisement

I'm happy with mine.

Must go and set up the new season actually.....

EDIT - New season created with a start date of 5 Jan 2009. In the mean time get playing those friendlies. Its the first season where I havent had to reduce the size of the league, which is great. There are a couple of inactive managers though if anyone wants to join....

my change report was absolutely terrible... my star striker managed to get a negative change which was nice. Most others improved a small amount, only two noticeable changes

anyone up for a friendly?

EDIT: I also noticed that after every change report, 90% of my teams form drops to a red arrow, and I end up spending about 1m just to get them back on form for the start of next season. I thought this was just a once off the first season but its happened after every change report, is this standard?

roryc wrote: »
    my change report was absolutely terrible... my star striker managed to get a negative change which was nice. Most others improved a small amount, only two noticeable changes

anyone up for a friendly?

I'm looking forward to our Christmas day clash. Although I have no idea how it got there! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Glad I got in on this this season. Anyone looking for a friendly?
    (Division 4/5? so I don't get mauled too bad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

happy enough with mine, more down then up, but the up's were important ones and the down's were expected ones i was going to ship out/sack anyway.

The striker I bought 2 seasons ago at 6skill is now an 8 and still only 23. My 19 year old midfielder is now a 5, and my 22year old midfielder is a 6. An experiened midfielder to be brought in for 2 old fellas and another young one and i should be sorted. My defence got a bit hit though, ill be needing 2 more 6's really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

EDIT: I also noticed that after every change report, 90% of my teams form drops to a red arrow, and I end up spending about 1m just to get them back on form for the start of next season. I thought this was just a once off the first season but its happened after every change report, is this standard?

Yeah that's standard, the bigger the skill increase the more the form will drop and when you get a negative skill change the form will go up. However, they do a normal form update right after it which adds a bit of randomness so you can't tell exactly how much your players improved.

If you time it right you can put your team on form training so that it finishes the day after the skill change, that way you can get a few friendlies and some more form training in before the start of the season. Although, with a two week break it's not that necessary this time.

I managed to blow a million by timing it badly. The skill change happens the day after the season ends. This year it ended on the 20th so the change happens on the 21st. However, the change report gets done at 5am and form training is done at 4am, which means you have to leave it another day. Pretty expensive lesson, at least we have two weeks break so it's not a huge deal. Anyway, aim to finish two days after the season ends which means putting it on 3 days before then season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

I used to play Xpert eleven, might start a team again....

Any of you guys play footstar?:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,005 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Only +6 on the change report this year but have a lot more young players who only came in during the season so I'd expect a better one after this next season.

Season 4 kicks off today so get yisser teams sorted.

seadog9 wrote: »
    I used to play Xpert eleven, might start a team again....

Any of you guys play footstar?:cool:

started playing it last week, seems pretty good

Right have my team sorted, no idea what I'm doing so I'm expecting a hammering...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Ah would you stop, I have no chance now. Your next game is a guaranteed 3 points for you, and you have a much better goal difference than me. I have 0% chance of getting promoted, the best I can hope for is to 'do a Kev' and somehow manage to move up a league anyway :)

Yet another defeat for me, seems the more time you put into this game the more it annoys you... I thought I had it cracked there but the results just seem to be totally random for me! Don't think I would have predicted a single result right this season. My home form was absolutely abysmal, I did much, much better away. This 'home advantage' thing doesn't seem to apply for me! One thing I learned this season was to never, ever, ever use aggressive when Im at home. My two biggest defeats in the history o the club came when I used this tactic, it simply doesn't work for me.

Final game next week is a grudge match vs Kirkby, and in the words of a great man...

:D

Never mind.

Maybe next time we play each other instead of leaving the country for 4 weeks and ignoring the game I could actually try to lose and you might win.

Emmo

a 5-0 win to kick off the new season in Div 2. :D

Solid 2-1 home win.

Emmo wrote: »
    :D

Never mind.

Maybe next time we play each other instead of leaving the country for 4 weeks and ignoring the game I could actually try to lose and you might win.

Emmo

haha... I reckon a 3-3 draw was closer to what the first scoreline should have been. I put that shocking first defeat 100% down to playing my newly signed keeper on his debut when he wasn't fit. He was a 7 bar but played to a 2 or something :( Hopefully I'll be up in division 2 next year so we might meet again...

Started off this season with a fairly close 2-1 away win over highly rated newcomers Monkeee United. While not the strongest team on paper (I've been fooled by this before :) ) they are obviously a decent outfit as they've won every division they've played in. On top of that they were coming off a series off 8 straight wins. Glad I put an end to that :D

haha... I reckon a 3-3 draw was closer to what the first scoreline should have been. I put that shocking first defeat 100% down to playing my newly signed keeper on his debut when he wasn't fit. He was a 7 bar but played to a 2 or something :( Hopefully I'll be up in division 2 next year so we might meet again...

Started off this season with a fairly close 2-1 away win over highly rated newcomers Monkeee United. While not the strongest team on paper (I've been fooled by this before :) ) they are obviously a decent outfit as they've won every division they've played in. On top of that they were coming off a series off 8 straight wins. Glad I put an end to that :D

Which league are you in?

Emmo

2-2 away draw... not bad I suppose but I really expected a win... ah well roll on Thursday.

Emmo wrote: »
    Which league are you in?

Emmo

Still in Division 3. Last season was so close, only 2 points between 2nd and 5th.

Lost 4-3 away from home with my best midfielder getting stretchered off on 8 minutes, striker getting a red and I conceded in the 92nd minute.
    I think I'm going to like this game :)

Still in Division 3. Last season was so close, only 2 points between 2nd and 5th.

was there?

I didnt really pay attention.

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

A resounding 5 nil win :). Time to get promoted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement