Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Went down 2-1 away from home.

Division 1 looks like it could be tight this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Scrappy 1-0 win scoring in the 88th minute

Lost my captain to injury though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Another 2-1 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

1-0 away win against De bowez. 6 from 6 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Nice 4-0 win away from home, albeit to rudderless Kandor Town, pretty happy with how things are going, my big players are performing even though they were low on forum, and now that that is increasing I've a feeling I could be a force in Division 4 this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

A nice welcome back to Div 1 today today for rafaloution. 5-0 loss :confused:. Outplayed, out thought, out fought and out scored by outstanding The Incredibles... Thinks that's all the outing I'd like to do today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,005 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I completely forgot about this until I seen it now, I'm probably in a hole already not having prepared for new season or done anything. Just gonna check it now, but not at all optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

eagle eye wrote: »
    I completely forgot about this until I seen it now, I'm probably in a hole already not having prepared for new season or done anything. Just gonna check it now, but not at all optimistic.

The suspense is killing me.

Got beat 0-1, ah well it always takes me a few matches to get into the swing of a new season.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I have pretty much given up on this so anyone that wants the team can have it

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

Helix wrote: »
    started playing it last week, seems pretty good

What;s your players name? I'm guessing you play for either YFU, St. Pats or Craggy Island;) Thats where all the new lads seem to have gone anyway.

My player is Thomas DAlessandro btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

When you make a team how do you join the boards league?

3-1 win against Kirkby. Keeping the 100% record, but a big match next up.

3-0 win away from home moves me up into 3rd place in Div 5

Sick defeat against my bogey team, Rolly FC. Had more chances but went down 1-0 to an 87th minute goal.

1-0 away win.

Played the last 20 or so with 10 men after the keeper got sent.

Solid 2-1 win at home puts me top of Division 4, I'm still not sure just how good my team is, but it's going well, I'm pretty confident though, I have some savage players and I really think I have the best strike force in the whole league, 2 8's aged 25 and 26 one of whom has Goal Instincts and Heading... :D

By the time I get to the premiership, I'm hoping they'll be 11's or 12's... :D

Also, it's nice to see the 3 lads who got promoted from Division 5 last year in the top 3 spots of Division 4...

Xavi6 wrote: »
    1-0 away win.

Played the last 20 or so with 10 men after the keeper got sent.
    I was robbed. 62% possession dominating both halves and more shots on goal.

Same as last season for me. It just all goes wrong no matter what I do at the moment.

This run of bad luck has to change sometime soon...................I hope.

I love the way you put a spin like you controlled the game with the down to 10 men remark. I got a load of injuries as well to good players and one sent off as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

3-2 win away. Got pretty lucky at the end. I haven't been able to keep a clean sheet so far this year, although injuries aren't helping.

I got an unforeseen event which put me into debt before the match, luckily I had already put on a win bonus so that got paid even though I didn't have the money :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

4-4 thriller away to Sparta:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fairly comfy 5-1 win. Some of my players are really coming on nicely and doing the business, could still do with another consistently good defender though.

• Advertisement

6-0 win... threw out a few youngsters against the rudderless Pigheads

0-0 away draw.

Shoulda won.

2-1 away loss.
    Nearly evened it up but my captain missed a penalty in the 95th minute...

Nice to see Kirkby are back to their old ways with a 93rd minute winner...

Struggling to get by a team which hasn't been active in 3 months? LOOOOL

They had 10 men and had forwards playing in defence, defenders playing in midfield and midfielders playing up front...

But Im sure it was a tough match Lego Boy, congrats :D

Having only started the game this season I have a question.

After a match when your looking at the Tactic Report.
    What does the 'Prepared' heading mean?
    Just I noticed in my match there my opponent was listed as prepared and I was down as nor prepared?

Cheers

Pretty savage 5-0 away win to Fetid Turds, no less then 7 players in the Xpert XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Frisbee wrote: »

Just I noticed in my match there my opponent was listed as prepared and I was down as nor prepared?

Cheers

Its wheter you guess the oppositions formation correctly.

Frisbee wrote: »

Cheers
    It means he put in the right Formation you'd be playing. And you choose wrongly as to the formation he'd be using.

bohsman wrote: »
    Its wheter you guess the oppositions formation correctly.
    Ste05 wrote: »
    It means he put in the right Formation you'd be playing. And you choose wrongly as to the formation he'd be using.

Ah right....
    And how exactly do you guess? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Next match - Tactics - Defense against.

bohsman wrote: »
    Next match - Tactics - Defense against.

Ah yes I see it now.
    Cheers man

2-1 home win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

roryc wrote: »
    Nice to see Kirkby are back to their old ways with a 93rd minute winner...

Struggling to get by a team which hasn't been active in 3 months? LOOOOL

They had 10 men and had forwards playing in defence, defenders playing in midfield and midfielders playing up front...

But Im sure it was a tough match Lego Boy, congrats :D

The obsession continues, you still looking up to me? Looking right up my hole cause thats right, I am still above you.

When will you be joining us in Division 2 so you can play with the big boys?

:D:D:D

Emmo

Emmo wrote: »
    The obsession continues, you still looking up to me? Looking right up my hole cause thats right, I am still above you.

When will you be joining us in Division 2 so you can play with the big boys?

:D:D:D

Emmo

Don't worry Lego Boy, I'll be in Division 2 next year... will you? You have two managerless teams in your league, but I can still see you finishing bottom three :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

roryc wrote: »
    Don't worry Lego Boy, I'll be in Division 2 next year... will you? You have two managerless teams in your league, but I can still see you finishing bottom three :D

Whats that?

YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, I CANT HEAR YOU FROM UP HERE. YOU JUST SOUND LIKE DOG BARKING!

RoryC is going to show the world how to do it.

:P

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

well all he seems to do is complain when things dont go his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

a 1-1 draw drops me down again!
    i'm gone lazy since xmas, but as of now,it's serious:rolleyes:

Again I dominated possession, my strikes are in great form and I still only get a draw. Two players or was it three in the xpert team as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Why does my players form suck so much, even when we're winning games :(

4-3 defeat :(

• Advertisement

3-3 Home draw

Maybe it's just me, but being new to this game is there a large proportion of injuries?
    Every game I have at least one person stretchered off.
    Today it was my best striker after 8 minutes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeh theres always around an injury every game or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sneaked a last minute winner from an OG (4-3 win). Makes up for last week, when i lost the same way.

All in all happy enough considering the awful form most of my defence is in, just glad my attackers were able to do the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

2-0 win for me, into second but it looks like its a 4 way challenge for the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

4-1 win today to make it 5 out of 5 in Division 2. Next 4 games will determine how well I do this season with Devestated II and Getouttathagarden up next. Delighted they both dropped points today. Gives me more breathing space.

Finally a win.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

3-1 defeat, could be out of the running already. My own fault for talking smack in the press :p.
    GuanYin wrote: »
    Why does my players form suck so much, even when we're winning games :(

Your team is really old, the average age is 30 which is the joint highest in the whole league. Form the rules (The player -> The form):

"The norm
    It is also good to know that players' form is always drawn towards the norm, which is 10. This means for a player in good form further increases will be smaller while reductions will be larger and the opposite is true for players in poor form. You can liken it to a rubber band hooked on 10 form bars making it harder to stretch the further away from normal form it is.

The norm is not the same for all players. As the player gets older (30+) the rubber band is hooked at a lower form proportional to the players age. This means that a player who is 35 years old will have a form norm on around 5-6 form bars instead of 10 which is the norm for players in their 20s. Very young players will instead have a norm over 10 form bars which means that they will easier contain a great form. "

So it's much harder (and more expensive) to keep older players in good form compared to younger players.

The only reason to prefer older players (besides that they're cheaper to bring in) is that if the average age of the first team squad you put out is below 26 you get a performance punishment. From the rules (The team -> Team selection):

"Average age
    You can see the average age of the players in the line-up on the player squad page. This is shown for both the defence (goalkeeper and defenders) and the offence (midfielders and forwards) but also for all the players in the line-up (reserves are not included). The average age should be at least 26 years for the team to be able to perform 100%. If the average age is less than 26 years then the team/team part will perform poorer than if the average age was 26 years or more. The lower the average age is the bigger the performance reduction will be. It has no additional effect on the team if the average age is over 26 years. As long as the average age on the selected players in the team/team part is over 26 years the team/team part will perform 100%."

Basically, you should be aiming for an average age between 25 - 26 (over 24 at a minimum) because anything over 26 is a waste. Young players develop a lot more at the change report (as long as they have a good average form), are much easier to keep in top form and will be a part of your team for many years, old players have a risk of retiring at the end of the season.

The downside is that younger players have lower skill compared to older players of the same price. And they have a negative effect on average age. You want to balance your team so that you have older high skill players who keep the average age high and have a lot of skill, you want mid age players who are also high in skill because they're the future generation of high skill veterans, they're easier to keep in form and have a neutral effect on average age.

But you want younger players in your squad as well because they're much cheaper to bring in and develop then a higher skill older player. Like, for example, a 17 year old 4 skill player will cost you around 700k - 2 million to bring in. If you get a one bar skill increase each year for 3 years you'll have a 20 year old 7 skill who'll be worth 7 million - 10 million.

How difficult is that? Well you'll prob have to spend ~500k in training each year to keep them in top form, if they get injured it could be more, if nothing big happens it could be less. To get them 100% match experience (the more match experience the bigger the skill change at the form update) you'll probably need to give them 3 matches when they're 17, around 4 -5 when they're 19. So you have to play a low skill player in your side for a few matches, you could either do this for games you expect to lose, or if you're challenging for the title, games you expect to win comfortably. Sometimes an older player will get injured or drop a lot of form and you'll have an excuse to play the young player instead. Overall it's not too hard to get at least a one bar skill increase each season at that age, it's much harder when they're older. If you keep them in really good form you can even get double skill bar increases, then you've got a 8 - 10 million player after one seasons work :).

If your youth coach offers you a decent prospect you've got a player with a lot of potential for 30k, which is really cheap. I see that you sacked an 18 year old 4 skill player a while back, you probably could have sold him for 400k - 1 million, but you'd probably have been better off holding onto him and trying to develop him. An 18 year old 4 skill is probably the worst I'd develop and probably only when I'm first developing the team. If you're picky you can get a 17 year old 4 skill for under a million and that's not too expensive really. I wouldn't bother with a 17 year old 3 skill but I might take on a 16 year old 3 skill if he had some useful talents. It's still worth bringing in decent young players from the youth coach to see if you can sell them for a profit though, there's actually a market for 19 year old 4 skills and 17 year old 3 skills if they have a talent or two.

I don't want to tell you how to run your team though, the fun is building it up whatever way you want to, it'd be boring if we all took the same approach. Some people like to bring in high skill veteran player because they can build a good team pretty cheaply and win divisions/promotions much easier. The problem is that you'll frequently have to replace retired players and really high skill players are expensive so it limits your team growth a little. Other people like to have a team full of youngsters which they can then develop into a team of superstars in a few years. The problem with this approach is that, because of the average age, they'll be struggling to win in the very bottom league for 8 - 10 seasons, then they'll have 5 - 6 seasons to race up the divisions with a team of superstars and try to win the premier division before half the team retires and they need to replace everyone and start again, although with a lot more money this time. However, if they have a bad streak or get a lot of injuries they might not even make it to the premier division and they've just wasted all that time. So the real art is getting the balance between youth and experience right.

I'm pretty sure I must have answered your question at this stage so I'll stop now :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Hey guys,

If there are any VIP managers who are interested in joining a new league, either PM me or I'll check in this thread every now and again over the next few days.

League games are Thursdays and Sundays and a Cup match a week.

Mods - Should I should start a new thread for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

RedJoker wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I must have answered your question at this stage so I'll stop now :p.

Maybe I'll sacrifice competing for team rebuilding this year.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

3-0 win leaves me sitting in third, Division 3 is ridic tight this season :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement