Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm getting tired of this now, he changes formation for the third week in a row, which is bad. He has less possession and he wins. I hit the post and crossbar with two shots on goal. I get injuries and yellow cards.

My team is in super shape before the game, I've got almost every player in top form. I've gone from two successful seasons to not being able to win a game. I don't have any idea how to turn it around because I'm doing everything right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

6-0 home win moves me into fourth* in Division 5

*edit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Another solid 2-1 win against second in the table, leaving me 6 points clear on top of Division 4, even though one of my main strikers (top scorer in the league) was injured pretty early on. And I got a man sent off in the second half.

Division 4 is pretty interesting, I'm 6 points clear, and then the difference between 2nd and relegation is 1 point!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

0-0 away draw against the all conquering Rayo MAdrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

1-1 draw away to Sh*tzengiggles. Happy enough with that, still nothing between top three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Ste05 wrote: »
    Division 4 is pretty interesting, I'm 6 points clear, and then the difference between 2nd and relegation is 1 point!!

no its not

im in 2nd and im 4 points away from the relegation zone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

An excellent 2-1 win today away to Getouttathagarden

Still 2 more tough games coming up in the next week.

3-0 away win moves me up into joint third place in Division 5

Picked up an injury to my best midfielder though, again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

2-2 today

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    no its not

im in 2nd and im 4 points away from the relegation zone
    LOL, now you are... :p although happily I'm still 6 points clear after beating last weeks 2nd placed team Congress Blitz 2-0, who have now dropped to 5th... :eek: I'm also happy with my haul of 6 Xpert XI players this week... roll on next match, Congress Blitz away...

Ooohhhh yeah, I'm feeling good, what I team I have now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ste05 wrote: »
    LOL, now you are... :p although happily I'm still 6 points clear after beating last weeks 2nd placed team Congress Blitz 2-0, who have now dropped to 5th... :eek: I'm also happy with my haul of 6 Xpert XI players this week... roll on next match, Congress Blitz away...

Ooohhhh yeah, I'm feeling good, what I team I have now...

It would help my case if I remembered to set up the team and tactics

I just don't have the time :(

I had more possession yet again and I actually won a game.

2-1 win, up to second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

3-1 win today. Please with the result. Still sitting pretty in 1st at the moment but I have second placed Devestated II next week in what will be another tough game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

could someone check my result in div 1? no access in work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

2009-01-29 The Incredibles - Green Slimy Yolks 1 - 0 (1 - 0)
    2009-01-29 Xavi-n A Laugh - Kautos Stars 0 - 2 (0 - 0)
    2009-01-29 Eagleeye Rovers - Rafaloution 3 - 0 (2 - 0)
    2009-01-29 Clondalkin Athletic - Romero FC 4 - 0 (3 - 0)

thanks kulgan

5-0 win puts me into a promotion spot on goal difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

First win of the season, the great escape begins ;)

2-2 away draw... meh not great but still top by 4 points, my back end fixture list is alot handier then my first leg so I'm pretty confident of winning the league... (fingers crossed)

• Advertisement

Up to 4th but 6 points between me and 3rd and I'm only 3 pts clear of the relegation zone.

On the game, a perfect game imo, 3-0 win, opponents did not have a shot on goal.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Up to 4th but 6 points between me and 3rd and I'm only 3 pts clear of the relegation zone.

On the game, a perfect game imo, 3-0 win, opponents did not have a shot on goal.

Hi guys, quick question... If a player had a noticable skill increase last season, would it be possible to go up two skill bars at the end of this season?

roryc wrote: »
    Hi guys, quick question... If a player had a noticable skill increase last season, would it be possible to go up two skill bars at the end of this season?
    Yes, it happens, I've had players jump during the season and then have top form at their new level and jump again at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Phew, really important win.

Yes, but he'd have to be in really good form and be very young. You're very unlikely to see a player over 20 get a 2 bar skill increase. I've only ever had one player get a 2 bar skill increase and that was with another team. Although I have another team that's coming up to change report time with good form so hopefully I can add to my tally.

If you mean go up 1 skill bar two seasons in a row then yeah, that's not too hard for most youngsters.

7-0 away win moves me into second.
    Although 2nd, 3rd and 4th are all on the same points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Drew 2-2.

Beating the leaders 1-0 sees me go top of Div 2

RedJoker wrote: »
    Phew, really important win.

Yes, but he'd have to be in really good form and be very young. You're very unlikely to see a player over 20 get a 2 bar skill increase. I've only ever had one player get a 2 bar skill increase and that was with another team. Although I have another team that's coming up to change report time with good form so hopefully I can add to my tally.

If you mean go up 1 skill bar two seasons in a row then yeah, that's not too hard for most youngsters.

Cheers man, yeh I meant go up two full skill bars in one change report, I took over a team in the main league and sold off a 17 year old 6 bar for nearly 20m :eek: . Was wondering how he was so good at 17, the guy who had the team before me had bought him as a 16 year old 4 bar for 3.5m, got a nice profit!

Just wondering how common it was for players to go up 2 bars, not really expecting it anyway.

Cheers again

Back to normal, 57% possession means less shots on goal 3 vs my opponent's 4 and he comes back to win 2-1 and no, I was not using pressure.

1-0 win against ste to close the gap to a single point

• Advertisement

jesus h

i just realised how good one of my players has been for me:

http://www.xperteleven.com/vipStats.aspx?Lid=164409&Sel=P&Lnr=0&Level=99&Pos=0&Period=E&dh=5

miles ahead in points in the all time standings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Cheers man, yeh I meant go up two full skill bars in one change report, I took over a team in the main league and sold off a 17 year old 6 bar for nearly 20m :eek: . Was wondering how he was so good at 17, the guy who had the team before me had bought him as a 16 year old 4 bar for 3.5m, got a nice profit!

Just wondering how common it was for players to go up 2 bars, not really expecting it anyway.

Cheers again

No problem.

It's not very common but if you can keep a player in top form for the season then there's a reasonable chance of getting it.

The last manager probably kept him in very good form, if I spent 3.5m on a youngster then I'd do the same. Although a 16 year old will have naturally high form most of the time anyway.

With the other team I brought in a 17 year old 4 skill for 1.4m, he's now an 18 year old 6 skill with an estimated worth of 8.8m. I've no intentions of selling him though.

1-0 win against ste to close the gap to a single point
    Yeah nice win...

How did you not know how good Adrian Morgan has been for you... :confused: I've been watching him whenever I've played you for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Really good player. I had the fecker Tightly marked and he still managed to score the winner... :( (although it was a Direct Free Kick so....)

oh id knew he'd been good, i just didnt realise he was miles ahead of everyone else in terms of goals and assists combined

Not ahead of my Manchin Duff in Xpert XI appearances though... :D

yet

biggrin.gif

:(

Dunno about that, my man is younger and a beast!! Just wait til the legend Damien Mourne or Stojakivoc passes Morgan's points in a couple of seasons... muhahahahahahaha!!!

3-1 win all but ensures promotion to Div 1:D

5-1 loss drops me from 2nd to 4th.
    If I had have won I had a very good chance of promotion..

• Advertisement

2-0 win in what couldve been a tricky away fixture against fetid turds

My B team managed to eek out a narrow 2-0 win against Dossing FC. Managed to get a few of the youngsters up closer to 100% in match experience. Will field another young side next week vs managerless Pigheads, so hopefully the change report will be a good one :D

Nice handy 6-0 win at home blooding my young lads out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Subject: Personal Problems
    Late last night Conrado Salvatierra gave the wrong answer to the question, "Do I look better in the blue or the red one?" The black eye will probably be there a week but it will not affect the player's form or status.

LOL:p
    19yo defender - gave him his first start in the last game...

All over Clondalkin and still only got a draw, xpert manager of the day, 59% possession and still only a 2-2 draw. No chance of promotion now. Looks like I'll be staying put, but if the Incredibles win their remaining fixtures I can still have a say in who wins the league and I want revenge on Kautos for a hammering earlier in the season.

2-1 loss to the League Leaders

No chance of promotion now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

All over Clondalkin and still only got a draw, xpert manager of the day, 59% possession and still only a 2-2 draw. No chance of promotion now. Looks like I'll be staying put, but if the Incredibles win their remaining fixtures I can still have a say in who wins the league and I want revenge on Kautos for a hammering earlier in the season.
    Count yourself lucky to gain a point at the home of the mighty Clondalkin, a side who have been on th rise since the dawn of the Boards.ie league, gaining promotion every season alongside the much feared Kautos Stars. Seriously, the fact that you got manager of the week shows how grateful you should be with the point. TBH you should have given up any hope of promtion last week when you were 10 points off the top 3. Plus I was playing my youngsters today such is my respect for the quality of your team.
    Hi!

4-0 win

sticking firmly on stes coat-tails

4-0 win leaves me in 2nd, one point behind league leaders Rolly who I face next week. As they are my bogey team (always seem to score last minute winners!), i'll prob throw out a few youngsters to get them closer to 100% match experience.

Promotion all but guaranteed, 8 points clear of 4th with 3 games left.

ah no need to worry, we wont be losing the title from here :p

4-0 win

sticking firmly on stes coat-tails
    Yeah, it's a pain not being able to shake you!! The run in will be interesting, I prefer my fixtures though, Yantona at home compared to you having to play them away, and I have a walkover against Kandor Town and a tricky enough match against Melchester...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement