Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2-2 win seals promotion but the title race is wide open in Div 2.

I might just throw the game agains play the kids against Kirkby which would ensure Emmo gets promoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Helix wrote: »
    4-0 win

sticking firmly on stes coat-tails
    Ouch, I just saw Clifford Beach is retiring... :D Hate that... a 500-1 shot... UL Next season will be a toughy for ya. Would have been nice for us both to go 3 back to back promotions.

It happened to me in my Official team, my best player a 10 rated 30 Y.O. who I bought at the start of the season decided to retire... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

KevIRL wrote: »
    2-2 win seals promotion but the title race is wide open in Div 2.

I might just throw the game agains play the kids against Kirkby which would ensure Emmo gets promoted

And ensure I win the league :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Ste05 wrote: »
    Ouch, I just saw Clifford Beach is retiring... :D Hate that... a 500-1 shot... UL Next season will be a toughy for ya. Would have been nice for us both to go 3 back to back promotions.

beech isnt really a huge loss tbh

ill get promoted next season too

Helix wrote: »
    beech isnt really a huge loss tbh

ill get promoted next season too
    Really... I always thought he was your second best player...

Roll on next season (LOL, there's still 3 matches left in this season :p)

hes decent, but ive a couple of younger lads wholl be taking double bar jumps in the change report i hope, so they should fill right in

2-0 away win against Kirkby despite giving some youngsters a run. My 4 skill 19yr old striker scores the 2 goals on his debut.

Another solid 2-0 away win blooding out some young 'uns....

If Helix loses to third place Yantona United next week I win the league with a match in hand (I'm playing walkover side Kandor Town) :D. And Yantona have alot to play for after Congress Blitz's win today... and them playing bottom of the league Cleveland...

Poor old Yantona have to play Helix at home next and then myself in my back yard... for their 2 remaining matches with only 1 point ahead of Congress Blitz ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Balls!!

YET AGAIN I lose to Rolly and YET AGAIN its with a late goal... I cannot beat the f***ker!!

I've played him seven times now, overall I have had more chances and possession is almost exactly even... and how many wins do I have to show for it? ZERO! Hes beaten me 3 times and pulled it back to a draw 4 times...

He's never beaten me by more than one goal and its almost always in the last 10 minutes... You jammy jammy b*stard :D

Anyway well played, your team has always been stronger (helped again some nice players coming through your youth academy!), but thought I might manage ONE win ffs! Ah well, theres always next season...

The league is yours, congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

5-0 home win leaves me still in fourth.
    Team in third was playing the leaders and they got a point, really needed them to lose that game.
    I play them next week so that's an important one as it'll put me within one point of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I pwnd Xavi today, 5-0 away and Xavi Hernandez gets injured.:pac:
    Manager of the day for second game on the trot. Cannot finish any higher than 4th though and no lower than fifth so its time to give all the young lads a few more games now and prepare for next season.

I do hope you stay up Xavi, see if we can march our way back to the top next season.

Just got nice mail as well.

With all the current turbulence in the financial marketplace, Eagleeye Rovers's board of directors are delighted with their foresight in buying up US dollars ($) when they were at an all time low against the econ. With the dollar now having recovered to a standard rate, the directors have cashed in their dollars and have been rewarded by securing a 1 152 500 econ profit for Eagleeye Rovers.

Ste05 wrote: »
    Another solid 2-0 away win blooding out some young 'uns....

If Helix loses to third place Yantona United next week I win the league with a match in hand (I'm playing walkover side Kandor Town) :D. And Yantona have alot to play for after Congress Blitz's win today... and them playing bottom of the league Cleveland...

Poor old Yantona have to play Helix at home next and then myself in my back yard... for their 2 remaining matches with only 1 point ahead of Congress Blitz ATM.

yantona definitely have a tricky oul run in

but i play congress blitz last day too

i need to win my l;ast 2 and hope that you only draw on the last day to have any hope of the title

if i drop any points on monday tho the kids will be out for the last game. change report is more important than the million for winning the league imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'd be doing far better if I remembered the game every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

GuanYin wrote: »
    I'd be doing far better if I remembered the game every week.

you would be doing even better if you remember its twice a week.

Emmo

oh noes

it would seem that my kids unintentionally lost to yantona making them the promotion favourites now

4-0 loss to the team ahead of me in third removes any outside chance of promotion

I put out the young eaglets today and they managed a 1-1 draw. Cannot finish any higher or lower than 4th, roll on next season.

Although there is still a matter of my deciding the league champs before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Horrible last day ahead in Div 1. Us v Romero to decide who stays up. All we need is a draw but it's at their place. Dodgy.

2-0 win today. And a shock home draw for Rayo Madrid means that I have more or less got the Div 2 title in the bag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

8-0 win today to confirm promotion
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I put out the young eaglets today and they managed a 1-1 draw. Cannot finish any higher or lower than 4th, roll on next season.

Although there is still a matter of my deciding the league champs before that.

if you're guaranteed 4th spot you'd be much better off putting the young 'uns out again

Handy little 7-0 win for my kids and a few first team regs, meaning I've all but 1 player on 100%, and the title is resting carefully in my Trophy Cabinet with the final match to go...

I'm gonna be putting out a semi strong team on Thursday, any lads who have a chance of some individual awards will be playing and 1 defo young lad who's on 95% and was suspended for the last match (dirty knacker!! :p). Other than that, it'll all depend on form and who needs a boost and who I'm not willing to risk getting injured.

Soz, GY, gotta look after my team for next season, but there'll still be a decent chance I'll win, my record this season at home is 6 wins from 6 matches, scoring 23 and only conceding 3, so who knows...

Fcuk me, I was just looking at Stanley Victor, and he hasn't conceded a goal at home all season... :eek:

Promotion guaranteed with a 6-0 win over Let Christy Take It. Still an outside chance of winning the League (if I win my match 8-0 and ****zengiggles beat Rolly 1-0). Happy enough with 2nd or 3rd though. Losing 1-0 twice to Rolly was the only real blemish on an otherwise perfect record. Had either of those results gone my way I would have almost guaranteed winning the league, still happy with the season though. Looking forward to next year in Division Two, should be good!

Kirkby have pulled back to have a chance at promotion, here's hoping they stay down! I want a chance at him next season, might not be able to keep this up after that as Im going travelling

One last thing, when exactly is the change report?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

roryc wrote: »

cheers

The league end date is the 21st so it will the morning of the 22nd at 4.00 am

Promotion guaranteed with a 6-0 win over Let Christy Take It. Still an outside chance of winning the League (if I win my match 8-0 and ****zengiggles beat Rolly 1-0). Happy enough with 2nd or 3rd though. Losing 1-0 twice to Rolly was the only real blemish on an otherwise perfect record. Had either of those results gone my way I would have almost guaranteed winning the league, still happy with the season though. Looking forward to next year in Division Two, should be good!

Kirkby have pulled back to have a chance at promotion, here's hoping they stay down! I want a chance at him next season, might not be able to keep this up after that as Im going travelling

cheers

Its to do this game when travelling, I got promoted twice while taking large holidays in the middle of the seasons. Think I even left my team alone and they held you away from home?

Emmo

Emmo wrote: »
    Its to do this game when travelling, I got promoted twice while taking large holidays in the middle of the seasons. Think I even left my team alone and they held you away from home?

Emmo

yep well looks like I'll have to, you only went and got yourself promoted ya c*nt :D On goal difference no less!

2-0 win means I finish joint first in Div 3 (second on GD if you wanna get technical :) ) Division 2 should be fairly tough next season

Kev, can you confirm the change report is on 22nd? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

4-0 win confirms the division 1 title for Kautos Stars

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    I played the young guns and went out to kick lumps out of ya.:pac:
    Hope the injury isn't too serious.

Well done, see you the season after next if you are still in the Premier.;)

ITT-Pat wrote: »

congrats

Pipped to the Premier divsion by Sparta and a massive 11 points clear of 3rd.

Well done Sparta.

CR should be good though with all bar 3 players on at least 15 AF !!!

Rory, The league end date (you can see in league info) is the 21st so it will run on the 22nd.

The season update is always run at 05.00 am the night after the date stated as end of season on the league's league info page

wardie wrote: »
    Pipped to the Premier divsion by Sparta and a massive 11 points clear of 3rd.

Well done Sparta.

CR should be good though with all bar 3 players on at least 15 AF !!!

Rory, The league end date (you can see in league info) is the 21st so it will run on the 22nd.

The season update is always run at 05.00 am the night after the date stated as end of season on the league's league info page

Cheers, just wanted to make sure!

• Advertisement

yep well looks like I'll have to, you only went and got yourself promoted ya c*nt :D On goal difference no less!

2-0 win means I finish joint first in Div 3 (second on GD if you wanna get technical :) ) Division 2 should be fairly tough next season

Kev, can you confirm the change report is on 22nd? cheers

did you lose the league on goal difference?

If only that striker you had bought the same time as I bought mine had worked out for you.

hahahahahahahahahhaha

Well done on the promotion.

Emmo

Emmo wrote: »
    did you lose the league on goal difference?

If only that striker you had bought the same time as I bought mine had worked out for you.

hahahahahahahahahhaha

Well done on the promotion.

Emmo

yeh he's a bit of a sick note alright but not much between them. Both scored 4 goals in 11 games this season, I just paid well over the odds for mine :o

yeh he's a bit of a sick note alright but not much between them. Both scored 4 goals in 11 games this season, I just paid well over the odds for mine :o

strikers do more than score goals. My lads got amongst the assists and he has been whispering in my ear saying he is about to get better.

4 goals, 3 assists, 11 games. Happy with Frank

bought him for 817 300

****ing bargain.

Looks like I will be snuffling around the bargain basement again. Kirkby are broke. The ****ing chairman would want to release some funds, midfield and attack are grand but I need a quality defender or two.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Lost the league by sticking by a young side but promotion is what matters and thats what I've got. Change report should be decent hopefully.

a 5-1 away win sees me up as Div 2 Champs.

5-0 won
    Doesnt matter though, could only come fourth

Another season ends and a new one must begin. I propose starting the next season on Mon Mar 2nd and sticking with the Mon/Thur sturcture. This okay with everyone?

Also, I have admitted 2 new teams to the league today, but there are still a number of inactive managers.
    Darndale
    Pigheads
    Cleveland Steamers
    McCanns Angels
    Let christy Take it
    Jaasai
    Green Slimy yokes
    Dossing FC

Those are the 8 most inactive with Darndale last seen in 2008, and Dossing FC as recently as 9th Feb. I dont think there's enough inactive managers to ditch a division, but would like to replace some. If you can think of anyone off boards that wants to join then the code is 164409

The 6 division structure with 3 up 3 down is working quiet well, it would be nice though if we had as many active managers as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just on that I just wanted to know is there a possibility of making it like realy life and having playoff. 1st and 2nd up automatically and 3rd and 4th having a two legged playoff game to see who goes up. Just a thought dont shoot the messenger.

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Just on that I just wanted to know is there a possibility of making it like realy life and having playoff. 1st and 2nd up automatically and 3rd and 4th having a two legged playoff game to see who goes up. Just a thought dont shoot the messenger.

Nah but how about 3 place plays 7th place to see who goes where?

That would be a good game.

Emmo

dont think it can be done

• Advertisement

I have two players retiring, ones 29 and the other is 30. Is this normal for players to retire so young? Both have played well and improved this season.

Jesus that change report was absolutely terrible!

I thought the idea was to try to get every single player on 100% match experience, and have their form between 12-15?? I did this but somehow managed to get totally f**ked over on the change report!

Despite having 6 players under 20 years old, all on 100% match experience and decent form, only 3 of them saw an increase... and in the whole rest of the team only two others had a noticeable increase.

I know theres something about your skill bar showing closest to the nearest round number, like a 7 if you are between 6.6 and 7.4 but still... major letdown! One of my forwards was 19 y/o, on full match experience and 13 or 14 form, an no increase AT ALL...

ah well, anyone fancy a friendly against my bunch of under achievers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My change report was shite too. Thankfully I have a lot of cash to bring in a few new faces.

I'd be up for a friendly anyway.

One of my retiring players jumped up to seven and then quits.:(

I was up six on last year. Rory I'll take you on in a friendly, I've got one with Ste first but send me a challenge and I'll accept. Eagle Eye Rovers is my team.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My change report was shite too. Thankfully I have a lot of cash to bring in a few new faces.

I'd be up for a friendly anyway.

Invite sent...

Yeh I spent so much on form training throughout the season I don't even have much to work with... really needed a few players to improve in the change report, my sub keeper has only gone up ONE bar in four seasons, despite giving him plenty of matches in the last two seasons... Suppose thats what I get for naming him after a city player :D

Will prob be in the market for a new striker soon...

eagle eye wrote: »
    One of my retiring players jumped up to seven and then quits.:(

I was up six on last year. Rory I'll take you on in a friendly, I've got one with Ste first but send me a challenge and I'll accept. Eagle Eye Rovers is my team.

Invite sent... I accepted a challenge from Rayo earlier, didn't realise the match would be scheduled for today! I have 13 players on form training which finishes.... tomorrow :( EVERY one of my players has a red arrow due to the change report, I thought I had timed the form training correctly to take effect right after the report... obv not!

I do not expect to win this game... gl Rayo

Invite sent... I accepted a challenge from Rayo earlier, didn't realise the match would be scheduled for today! I have 13 players on form training which finishes.... tomorrow :( EVERY one of my players has a red arrow due to the change report, I thought I had timed the form training correctly to take effect right after the report... obv not!

It doesn't really matter what the results are in these games, it helps keep players in form or improve them. You can also try out something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Pretty decent change report today. 8 Players went up a level today. 3 players reduce in skill but didn't lose a level.

Anyway as a result my form also sucks at the moment so I don't expect a classic later today. Anyone else fancy a friendly just challenge me and I will accept.

17 increase, 1 decrease

5 visible increases, no visible decreases.

Slightly disappointed with it overall.

Front line is grand, midfield is grand. Defence will be grand in a couple of seasons by which time midfield will need a good bit of investment.

No cash for cash strapped Kirkby means another season of saving.

Emmo

• Advertisement

Excellent change Report here, All 18 increase with 11 visible increases.

This is a very unofficial chart which maps out the likely increases. You can see that to get good rises it really needs to be +14 AF.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9085/playersupdatehb1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement