Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2-1 away win against Rayo. Unexpected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

4 games 4 wins :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Helix wrote: »
    did ste's 100% record with a 2-0 win on my patch

league is wide open
    Nice result, I was super confident going into that match, somehow your midfield destroyed mine, if I only got the ball up to my strikers I'd have been OK cos both of the lads made the Xpert XI team...

Ste05 wrote: »
    Nice result, I was super confident going into that match, somehow your midfield destroyed mine, if I only got the ball up to my strikers I'd have been OK cos both of the lads made the Xpert XI team...

Have you ever managed a 100% season? ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i was the closest to it afaik

2 points dropped in the whole campaign

Last season? You dropped at least 4.

where did i mention last season?

i didnt even win the league last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Xavi6 wrote: »
    2-1 also. Could even afford to miss a peno.

boourns, forgot to set my team up (again)

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    boourns, forgot to set my team up (again)

I know. The games all take place at 5-6am my time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

GuanYin wrote: »
    I know. The games all take place at 5-6am my time.

You seem to be coping alright with it! 12/12pts!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You seem to be coping alright with it! 12/12pts!

I'm on mornings this month so I can get it in the morning in work or I can hit it before I sleep.

When I have an evening/night schedule I always forget. I was just looking at my last season, the week I finished evenings, I've won every game since then. Unfortunately, I rotate in a few weeks so I'll probably lose all my games in the second season half.

I thought someone did it one season... I actually thought it was either yourself or GY though, :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I thought someone did it one season... I actually thought it was either yourself or GY though, :confused:
    I think it was Sparta Magyars

No it was me :D

GuanYin wrote: »
    No it was me :D
    LOL, thought it was you alright you sly woman!!! Always fishing for compliments...

Sparta might have done it too, I haven't really paying attention to the top leagues since I started out in the bottom league... :(

• Advertisement

I haven't really paying attention to the top leagues since I started out in the bottom league... :(

same

racing you to the top :p

same

racing you to the top :p
    You're on!!! Although Adrian Morgan looks like he's on the way to my team if there's any truth in the Press??? :p

ah look at the lower leagues yapping away, delighted and proud of their 100% records.

Cute.

KevIRL wrote: »
    ah look at the lower leagues yapping away, delighted and proud of their 100% records.

Cute.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Only a couple of leagues behind you now sunshine!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Cute.
    Exactly.
    We're five seasons in. The cream has risen and the muck has sunk. If you want to see true competition, look at the Premier League, where theoretically a win could take a team from the relgation zone to 1st place ATM.

• Advertisement

niallk wrote: »
    Exactly.
    We're five seasons in. The cream has risen and the muck has sunk

not at all

ive been promoted every season since the league started and im still only in division 3

Yup, IIRC it started with 8 divisions or something... I've been promoted every year too. (although at the start a couple of those promotions were by default, as the league contracted...)

And FYI there's only 5 seven strength teams in the whole league, only 3 of those are in the Premier league, 1 is in Div 2 and 1 in Div 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yup, IIRC it started with 8 divisions or something... I've been promoted every year too. (although at the start a couple of those promotions were by default, as the league contracted...)

And FYI there's only 5 seven strength teams in the whole league, only 3 of those are in the Premier league, 1 is in Div 2 and 1 in Div 3.
    What is that, how do I find it Ste?

you have to be vip to get the stats afaik

1-0 win away to Dr Lego to continue my hex over him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1-1 sees us join three other teams on 8 points in Div 2. Could be a tight one.

4-1 win brings me into the promotion places 2 points off the 2 teams above me

Really good 1-0 away against Yantona United today... delighted with the result. Although being knocked off top spot by Goals scored is kinda annoying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

1-1 sees us join three other teams on 8 points in Div 2. Could be a tight one.

Yep... nothing in it really. I had to gamble today and play one of my midfielders at the back but it seems to have worked out. 2-1 win leaves me unbeaten and 5 points clear of the pack in Division Two. Nothing guaranteed yet....

Heading to Oz on Monday so prob won't be able to follow this as closely then. (getting my excuse ready for my second half of the season blow up :))

Really good 1-0 away against Yantona United today... delighted with the result. Although being knocked off top spot by Goals scored is kinda annoying...

get used to it coz im coming for you :p

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    What is that, how do I find it Ste?
    you have to be vip to get the stats afaik
    Yup, VIP gives extra stuff like that.
    get used to it coz im coming for you :p
    We'll see about that, you have to keep up first... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

3-0 win.
    Disasterous start to the season with two wins and three losses, really have to turn things around or i can kiss promotion goodbye

5 Wins from 5. I'm hosting second and third place teams this week so I can only home the lead I've built will help me through any mishap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

3-3 draw. Gave up a two goal lead. Will have to get 2 victories next week to keep in touch with the mid-table teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

My next 4 games are against McCanns Angels and Craggy Island. Hopefully can charge ahead on the goal difference.

1-0 win away to Dr Lego to continue my hex over him

He seems more interested in Liverpool's win over United than trying to win his own games.

Could have guessed he was a Liverpool fan before this week though :)

2-0 win leaves me top of Div 2.

Double header coming up next week, heading to Malaysia/Australia on Monday so hopefully team management won't slide too much :D

Another 1-0 win for me. 6 for 6.

Held out for a 1-1 draw against the second placed team

• Advertisement

Nice 5-1 away win today... :D

Up to 2nd in Div 2

Up to 2nd in Div 2

Right behind me :)

Another win over whipping boys GSY leaves me 7 points clear at the top. A 2-2 draw in the first game is the only blemish on a perfect season... only a massive blow-up now could ruin my hopes of promotion :D

Tough game coming up vs Getouttathagarden tomorrow

Easy 5-1 win keeps us 2nd.

What about that Clondalkin Athletic?
    In season 1, their manager, Bodysnatcher, made the outrageous claim that he would take his side to premiership glory in the shortest time possible, 5 seasons. The critics who laughed then must surely be eating their own pants now as the Working Class Heroes stand just a point off the top of the Boards.ie Premier League.

Bodysnatcher has achieved promotion every season thus far and has put his side in the perfect position to mount an audacious title challenge in the remaining 6 games. The Joy Riders now travel to archrival ITT-Pat's Kautos Stars in search of 3 points which would firmly establish them as title contenders. The problem is that Clondalkin have only recorded 2 victories over Kautos in their 9 meetings to date.

After getting 16 points from my first 8 games I have (as expected) totally blown up in the second half of the season. A 2-0 defeat earlier in the week was followed by a laughable 1-1 draw with 2nd from bottom Rebel Athletic.

Despite dominating possession and having more chances, and guessing his formation and played offensive, just couldn't knock a few goals in! Was a strange result though, most of my players played excellently, and my team stats dwarfed his...

defense 6>5
    midfield 6>3
    attack 7>4

Not to worry, after dropping 5 points Im still 3 clear at the top of Div 3, promotion all but guaranteed, fight for promotion should be good though. Methinks I may have thrown the league away though :(

• Advertisement

4-0 win but promotion is beyond me at this stage

4 points clear of 4th, 4 behind 1st and 2nd

4 games to go

think ill probably end up in 3rd

The mighty Clondalkin Athletic had the better of a 7 goal thriller against Kautos stars today to remain just a point off the top of the table with the best GD in the league. Wins for all of the top 3 in the Premier League today keeps things identical in the title chase. Sparta Magyars have a chance to pull away on Monday when 2nd meet 3rd as Clondalkin entertain Purple People Eaters in the Commo.

Comfortable 2-0 away win

3-0 win to confirm promotion to the top flight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement