Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xpert Eleven online football managersim (Boards League?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Helix wrote: »
    4 points clear of 4th, 4 behind 1st and 2nd

4 games to go

think ill probably end up in 3rd

its all changed now :eek:

a win for me and defeats for the top 2 means im a point behind them both with them playing each other on thursday and me playing 2nd place next monday in the penultimate game of the season

if i can take 6 points from my next 2 games, ill win the league, i have no doubt about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

2-1 win over 2nd place Sh*tzengiggles leaves me 5 points clear with 3 games to play... promotion not guaranteed yet, still very close

2-0 win seals promotion and lifts me to second place a point behind the leaders who i play on monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

2-0 loss. Promotion all but impossible now. Will have to be careful to avoid the drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Looks like we're staying where we are.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Looks like we're staying where we are.

Not neccesssarily :D

I'll prob throw out the youngsters against you next week, need to give a few of them match experience and I can only lose the league on goal difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Premier Division next season :)

1-1 draw for the young lads confirms 4th spot.

3 players retiring but I've 8.5 mil in the bank so expect some new faces next season (which starts when btw?)

jesus h christ

i won the league by a sequence of bizarre results

i only managed to beat one of the whipping boys 1-0, but ste (who needed to win by 2 goals more than me to finish ahead of me) could only beat the rudderless bottom team 1-0 which put me ahead of him

i still would have only finished second if de bowez could beat yantona, and they somehow conspired to draw 2-2

Xavi6 wrote: »
    1-1 draw for the young lads confirms 4th spot.

3 players retiring but I've 8.5 mil in the bank so expect some new faces next season (which starts when btw?)

Probably start it Monday week or this day fortnight? Sound good everyone?

• Advertisement

this day next week would be better i think. that should be time for 2 friendlies shouldnt it?

Won Division Two. Whens the change report...

this day next week would be better i think. that should be time for 2 friendlies shouldnt it?

+1

Sooner the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hang on to win the Division.... I've played the end of the season without any real strikeforce so I need some serious upgrading.

Who wants to play a friendly? :)

Well I gotta wait for the season to end before I can even create a new one, which is another couple of days away I believe. Lets say Monday week. That will give everyone a full week from the change report to get in new players/arrange friendlies etc.

Dont want to do a DMI Pete and start the league the day after the change report. Gimps

There are a few new teams waiting in the wings. And the following teams are in danger of being cut

Meh
    Green Slimy Yolks
    McCanns Angels
    Dossing FC
    Let Christy Take it
    Killinascully FC
    JaapSai
    Cleveland Steamers

If any of these teams managers doesnt want the team to go, please let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

jesus h christ

i won the league by a sequence of bizarre results

i only managed to beat one of the whipping boys 1-0, but ste (who needed to win by 2 goals more than me to finish ahead of me) could only beat the rudderless bottom team 1-0 which put me ahead of him

i still would have only finished second if de bowez could beat yantona, and they somehow conspired to draw 2-2
    Couldn't believe we both only won 1-0...

Congrats on the league. I'll beat you for the Div 2 title next year though!! Come on the change report...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

phew.. a last minute winner sees me secure promotion from division 4 on goal difference!!

Ste05 wrote: »
    Couldn't believe we both only won 1-0...

Congrats on the league. I'll beat you for the Div 2 title next year though!! Come on the change report...

cheers

was a bloody strange days results in division 3 i tell you that. cant believe i managed to come back to win the league after looking out of it for so long tho

ill let you win div 2, and ill finish runner up... but that means i get division 1 the following season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

monday week sounds good.
    won div 5 to secure promotion.
    melchester left you a challenge guanyin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

3rd in the Premiership in my first season there.
    When's the change report? Expecting big things...

cheers

was a bloody strange days results in division 3 i tell you that. cant believe i managed to come back to win the league after looking out of it for so long tho

ill let you win div 2, and ill finish runner up... but that means i get division 1 the following season
    Sounds fair enough to me, although that means I get the Premier the following year... :D:D

you're welcome to it first time around, thatll let me build the squad i need to dominate it from that point onwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

My teams still in rebuilding mode, was amazed I was top with a game to go but hopefully can pip you both next season.

Decent change report for me, 16 + changes, 8 visible increases, only decreases were guys who were on the way out the door anyway

• Advertisement

Lost 3 duffers to retirement and another two need to go.

Had some nice little increases so with the money I have to spend things should be good once we rebuild.

pretty rubbish change report for me tbh

New season created. Will start 27th, so get yer transfers/friendlies sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Nice change report for the mighty Clondalkin Athletic. 15/17 positive increases. 6 visible increases. No negative. Disappointed in a couple of youngsters failure to increase visibly:(.
    Need to make a signing or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Poor season, poor change report. Need to clear out some dead wood and ring in the changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Happy with my change report, 7 visible increases, 2 decreases from fringe players.

Very happy with the change report, had the highest form in the whole Xpert league so would have been p*ssed off if I didn't see a decent improvement.

Every player saw an increase, 15 out of 18 visibly increased a bar, the three players that didn't see a visible increase are all in their late thirties and nearing retirement...

All sounds good until I compare with the other teams in Div 1... TLC's team value is 57m!! Not sure how he got relegated but judging by the strength of his team the league is his to lose.

In dire need of a new keeper though, will be buying one over the next few weeks.

how do you find out a teams value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Anyone fancy a pre-season friendly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

how do you find out a teams value?

When you compare 2 teams it will have the team value down the side. Pretty useless stat though.

how do you compare 2 teams?

*edit*

never mind, got it

4-0 win in my first game in the premier league. :D

what a comeback!!!!

2-0 down and looked to be well and truly done with 84 minutes gone, but stormed back to win the game 3-2

what a comeback!!!!

2-0 down and looked to be well and truly done with 84 minutes gone, but stormed back to win the game 3-2

Was Howard Webb the ref?

it was dick tator, the xxi version of baldy webb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

2-0 I think it's the first time I've ever been top of the table :P Long may I reign :D

Nice 2-0 win to start life in division 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

2-1`win in div4
    debating whether to go vip, is it worth it??
    recessionary times and all that:o:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sorry if this has been asked numerous times in this thread, just wondering what are the chances of joining the league?

Looks like this Division will be a cake walk for me again... :p Solid wins over Inter Corta Rovers and Rayo Madrid (the joint 3rd strongest teams in Division!!)

Top of the league by 2 points already... :D

Ste05 wrote: »
    Looks like this Division will be a cake walk for me again... :p Solid wins over Inter Corta Rovers and Rayo Madrid (the joint 3rd strongest teams in Division!!)

Top of the league by 2 points already... :D

im just giving you the customary head start

LOL, thought so... it wouldn't be the same to go up without ya... :D:D

4-0 win over the hapless Kirkby.

Emmo, its always a joy playing your teams

Massive win for me, 2-0 over TLC pushes me top of the league. Was sure I was gonna lose the game, was gonna throw out a fews youngsters and play defensive, but decided to play a full strength squad offensive to see how I fare against the big guns... result was a bit in my favour but nice to have a bit of luck!

Nice to see Emmo get a pasting, looks like ill be bypassing the fecker on his way back down, stop trying to avoid me ffs, me needs revenge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All over Sparta but no goals. Would have been top if I had gotten the win. As it is I drop to fourth, still unbeaten but two draws.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement