Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sync problems wii

Options
  • 30-06-2008 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

OK, we've had a wii since release and always kind of had this problem. When a wiimote is synced to the wii its fine, and sometimes its fine with 2 or more. A lot of the time, however, when trying to sync the second remote it seems to knock the other one off, and then neither remote works. Solution so far has been to reset console and try again and again until both sync successfully.

Up to now this has not been a major problem, but when wii fit came on the scene this was seriously annoying. Followed all instructions, updated console from wii fit disc, and synced balance board up no problem. Then when console was powered off and on again, at the prompt screen to power on the balance board it would not sync with the wii. The blue light flashes and then goes out, instead of remaining solid.

I have also tried erasing the sync memory (holding red sync button for 15-20 secs) on the wii before powering on. The result was that everything seemed to work fine the first time the wii was turned on, but when turned off and on again it doesn't seem to remember what was synced to it.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do? I think its something to do with the sync memory, anyone know if there's a way to check/fix this? Also, wii is not chipped/modded, nor has it ever been opened/taken apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

How exactly are you synchronising?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

By pressing the red button on the remote, then while the lights are flashing pressing the sync button on the wii. As i said, even after erasing sync memory, attempting to connect a second controller knocks the first one off, and all instructions for the wii fit balance board were followed.

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Anyone? really frustrating.

masseyno9 wrote: »
    I have also tried erasing the sync memory (holding red sync button for 15-20 secs) on the wii before powering on. The result was that everything seemed to work fine the first time the wii was turned on, but when turned off and on again it doesn't seem to remember what was synced to it.

To erase Sync memory, you have to hold the button for 15 seconds just AFTER the wii is powered on (i.e. at the Health and Safety screen). You have to unplug prior to turning on - not just the off switch.

Now re-sync as you have been doing.

I'm assuming batteries are fine and you are not using a weird rechargeable battery pack thing like mentioned here recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i had the exact same priblem and started a similar thread, check it out here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055192141 (the last post is what fixed it for me!)

• Advertisement

Any luck with this?

Advertisement