Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Years of Irish BB Today (and 20mbits Entry Level)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Pointless posts deleted. Lets stay on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

edit * read pm * I better not post any south east banter anymore could get me in trouble

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nuxxx wrote: »
    didnt no boards had a non humour policy. Dungarvan always get a slagging off down in kilkenny just a bit of banter

Its not about humor its about keeping on topic, if you want humor post in the humor board, this board is for discussion of Broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

and so with the discussion of broadband and countless public insulting remarks about irelands isps , including a company i work for , 1 line of banter immediately gets swallowed up

the world looks like a very dreary place indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

and so with the discussion of broadband and countless public insulting remarks about irelands isps , including a company i work for , 1 line of banter immediately gets swallowed up

Yeah but they deserve it most of the time.

Cablesurf dont deserve any, hence the point of the entire thread. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

..with the discussion of broadband and countless public insulting remarks about irelands isps , including a company i work for , 1 line of banter immediately gets swallowed up..

Its for your own ( and your employers) good Nuxx. That "one line of banter" implied that employees of a well known ISP could neither spell nor read a map :cool: . We suspect that may not actually be the case and do not care to remember the incident .

There is nothing to stop other Irish towns from emulating Dungarvan although the notable lack of imitators in the past 10 years would make me very nervous about the extent to which understanding of the 'knowledge economy' and its plumbing has penetrated into small town Ireland.

This similarly sized town in rural America , Powell , Wyoming , is rolling out Universal GPON . Powell is much further away from fat high capacity DWDM fibres than would be say ......Roscommon town or Edenderry .

GPON gives you either 1Gigabit up and 1 Gigabit down, 2.5down 1.5up or even a whopping 10gigabit down and 10gigabit up which is coming soon to somewhere advanced.

Probably not Ireland though and if it were then lets hope Nuxx does not get lost driving the digger down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Its for your own ( and your employers) good Nuxx. That "one line of banter" implied that employees of a well known ISP could neither spell nor read a map :cool: . We suspect that may not actually be the case and do not care to remember the incident .

There is nothing to stop other Irish towns from emulating Dungarvan although the notable lack of imitators in the past 10 years would make me very nervous about the extent to which understanding of the 'knowledge economy' and its plumbing has penetrated into small town Ireland.

This similarly sized town in rural America , Powell , Wyoming , is rolling out Universal GPON . Powell is much further away from fat high capacity DWDM fibres than would be say ......Roscommon town or Edenderry .

GPON gives you either 1Gigabit up and 1 Gigabit down, 2.5down 1.5up or even a whopping 10gigabit down and 10gigabit up which is coming soon to somewhere advanced.

Probably not Ireland though and if it were then lets hope Nuxx does not get lost driving the digger down :)

Interesting read about Powell, Wyoming. Diffrerence between the States and here is that if A telephone (or cable) company needs access to a line of poles they get it - and swap capacity with the operator/owner of that line for one of theirs elsewher. And I think it's a statutory requirement. If I'm right I think that electricity, Phone, and Cable TV comapnies share overhead plant across the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Fascinating stuff. I had heard the company mentioned a few times, but didn't really know anything about them. Well done Casey and Dungarvin. I'm not at all jealous. Oh no, not at all.

Advertisement