Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

newly bought used car, need advice about tax

Options
  • 30-06-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

just bought second hand car. dealer going to send my log book in to shannon for change of ownership, (that could take two weeks). cant get car taxed till get this back. he gave me receipt for purchase of car.
    so my question is can i drive in the meantime?
    what happens at a garda checkpoint?

any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

They will give you ten days to produce a tax cert for the car at a station of your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Tell them the truth, they will give you a certain time period in which it needs to be produced

• Registered Users Posts: 25 naomhbooboo

thanks thats a great help. hopefully will get it back within the the two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also keep the receipt of purchase handy and show it to the garda if stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

bazz26 wrote: »
    Also keep the receipt of purchase handy and show it to the garda if stopped.

Forgot to say that in my post!

• Advertisement
Advertisement