Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hello, i've recently completed my leaving cert and I'm hoping to get a lot of points. I applied for medicine in ucd and though i've read all there is to read about the course I was wondering if anyone who is doing medicine could tell me what its like, from a student's point of view.
    I've already spoken to a few people about medicine but they were attending other colleges. I understand my chances are slim but i couldn't live with myself if i didn't at least try and i'd probably be willing to repeat my leaving cert if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

You should do a search both here and in the Biology/Medicine forums, there's a rake of threads asking that exact question.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

anyone called langerhands will not get enough points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

elgriff wrote: »
    anyone called langerhands will not get enough points
    I dunno, Langerhans (without the d) is a fairly important name in medicine. But yeah OP do a search here. In short: great course. Now go search. You're gonna want to learn to do that before certain med lecturers get on your case ("autonomous learning, team together, elevate your knowledge, I am a uterus..." No one here is gonna get that and I'm just gonna sound like a freak :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Langerhands

I'd love to be able to say the name is a pun on dr. langerhans but unfortunately my brother, who is idiotic at times, thought it be funny to change the name before i confirmed. Believe me i'm mortified everytime i post, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

You may or may not have come across this before, the UCD Medsoc's Survival Guide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement