Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console help

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have a 360 and a Wii, and I would definately go for the 360 premium too. I will probably buy a PS3 whenever Gran Turismo 5 comes out but there's nothing else exclusive to PS3 that I want enough to pay for the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I agree with most of your points there Kinetic^, but there are some I have to disagree with.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    PS3
    Cons:
    *Online play being locked to where you bought the game

This isn't true for all PS3 games. I have Unreal Tournament 3 and COD4 from America and they connect to European servers just fine. Some games, like Army of Two, are region locked online.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Xbox 360
    Cons:
    Micrsoft points. I still don't see why they can't have euros/dollars in the store.

While using money is probably preferable, at least you don't get charged £*.99 for something and have to top up with £*.00. Small but kinda annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Otacon wrote: »
    This isn't true for all PS3 games. I have Unreal Tournament 3 and COD4 from America and they connect to European servers just fine. Some games, like Army of Two, are region locked online.

Oh ok, wasn't aware of those although I do remember the Army of Two servers being locked........EA for ye :rolleyes:
    While using money is probably preferable, at least you don't get charged £*.99 for something and have to top up with £*.00. Small but kinda annoying!

Ye I agree, same can be said when you buy MS points and you buy 500/1000 and something is 400 points. Smart stuff from microsoft but a pain in the hole for the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've the opposite view regarding the controllers, I like the PS3 controller because of the fact it's light and slim, and I hate the 360 controller for the same reasons you like it!! (???) :confused:

Edit: And with my 60GB PS3, I got the HDMI cable with it.

So I went with the Xbox 360 premium bundle from Game (all the accessories, well most) GTA4 and Alone in the Dark for 270 (I traded in 2 DS games against it). Not too bad so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

So I went with the Xbox 360 premium bundle from Game (all the accessories, well most) GTA4 and Alone in the Dark for 270 (I traded in 2 DS games against it). Not too bad so far.
    Boo-urns... but I respect your decision, keep the receipt. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

So I went with the Xbox 360 premium bundle from Game (all the accessories, well most)

Fair enough...
    GTA4 and

OK...
    Alone in the Dark

...and here is where you fall down. I'm sorry but whatever console you get it on, AITD is a mistake. Great innovative ideas, poorly realised via sh!t controls.
    for 270 (I traded in 2 DS games against it). Not too bad so far.

Nice price. Sounds like you may be on a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If you don't like it, someone will buy it from you. Then get a PS3/Wii then and see how that goes. If you're going to keep it, try out COD4/Rainbow Six/Forza Motorsport/PGR/Condemned/Crackdown/Battlefield Bad Company. You'll also have access to the demos on the XBLA so try out as many as you can.

...and here is where you fall down. I'm sorry but whatever console you get it on, AITD is a mistake. Great innovative ideas, poorly realised via sh!t controls.

I wanted to get Battlefield: Bad Company instead, but when I went in to purchase it, they had removed it from the list of games you could get with it, and I had no interest in Halo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That is brilliant,
    he obv didn't liike MGS4 then!

He liked GTA4 but didn't like Halo 3 (average etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

AITD isn't that bad of a game. I'm coming towards the end of the game now and must say I've quite enjoyed it. Easy gamer points too:pac:

Advertisement