Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

hey bought a new car in May 11th and just received a rf100 tax form in the post from the garage

do i have to wait for a cert from revenue with price etc

what happens with rules tommorow regarding tax ????

its a 1.4 gt sport tsi golf 140bhp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from learning to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

presuming it's a new car

you just need your insurance cert to tax it for the first time. you could also use the last 6 digits of the chassis number as the PIN on motortax.ie - for the online system you can't declare the car off the road for May and June.

I'm not sure how the CO2 based taxing would affect your car if it's not taxed till after July 1st. maybe someone can clear this up, but the date of first registration and first licensing are different dates, the date of registration is when the garage registered the car online, and the date of licensing is when you first tax it. if the OP's date of licensing is after July 1st, do they fall into the emissions based (higher) tax.

If this is the case, the OP should tax it straight away before tomorrow.

Please read my post properly before assuming that you know what I'm saying is incorrect.

Advertisement