Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaggia Baby Classic D

• 30-06-2008 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Have just received a Gaggia Classic D. Unfortunately either I am doing something very stupid or it isn't working. I had an older classic model which served me well for years. I filled the water reservoir to the maximum level and attempted to follow the poorly translated instructions.

I turned it on and waited until the correct temperature light stopped flashing and was steady.

When I attempt to prime the pump by turning the steam knob instead of eventually getting steam I just get an intermittent noise as if the pump is getting any water. Also if I try to dispense coffee I get a lot of noise and no water, on these occasions all the led lights flash which from what I understand of the manual is an error. If anyone owns one of these machines I would be grateful for their opinion as to wether I have to send it back to Italy or am just doing something wrong.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Try open the steam wand and press the pump (brew) button.

Not clear from your post - but you may have indicated you did this already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭need assistance

I have tried that and all that I get is a knocking noise when I do that. It is as if water isn't getting into the pumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

It really sounds like a vaccuum lock (vapor lock).
    Is there a semi-auto button as opposed to the dose brew button?

Check the tubes going into the reservoir - maybe one is pinched?

Otherwise not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

As said sounds like pump or air lock prob. Try immersing steam wand in cup of water and then
    Pressing both buttons - one at a time with steam valve open.

Advertisement