Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pro-tools m-powered sampling

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

sorry for the noob question im only 15.

how do you build up a library of loops on protools from samples ripped off the internet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Pro Tools is'nt really necessary for getting samples from the net. Any audio editor will let you get loops together.
    Basically you just find the piece of music you want to loop and import it into your audio editor.
    There's loads of free ones out there. Then just select where you want the loop to start and finish. And save that as your loop. Sometimes it's wise to give yourself a little extra at the start and finish depending on what program you are using.
    Ableton is my weapon of choice for loops these days. It works at the same time as pro tools so it's handy for me. But you could use fruity loops or acid or something like that.
    The program doesn't really matter but you could start here maybe.

http://www.trakax.com/software/trakpacks/

http://mixman-studiopro-free-version.download-48-36740.datapicks.com/

I'm sure the rest of the lads will have a better idea of what's out there. Isn't that right lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I see you got PT as a pressie. Nice!!!
    Well you can import into PT choose your loop and then using the Time Stretch utility and grid to bar markers to change the tempo. Careful though, I ended up back in 1973 recently due to a bug in the new ableton 7 warp engine, took me forever to get back...

nearly got beaten up for not wearing flares too.

Advertisement