Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do you get to your Driving Test?

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

So with the new rules in what happens for those going to do their test? can they drive to the centre? are they expected to bring a fully licensed driver with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So with the new rules in what happens for those going to do their test? can they drive to the centre? are they expected to bring a fully licensed driver with them?

The law does not change just because it's the day of your test. You are expected to be accompanied at all times. However you do not have to bring in the fully licensed driver into the test centre with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi, just wondering, if i was to accompany a friend to her driving test would I be able to wait in the test center?
    As I would be travelling in her car I wouldn't have any place to wait during the test as she would be in th car for the test. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I can't see why not, dont know for certain though. I'm not too sure i'd want to sit in a waiting room for up to and hour though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Of course you could.

It's just a waiting area, they aint gonna ask you any questions.

You can look at all the cars getting tested for the NCT too! Hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering, if i was to accompany a friend to her driving test would I be able to wait in the test center?
    Of course.
    Holsten wrote: »
    ou can look at all the cars getting tested for the NCT too! Hahaha.
    That would be difficult in an RSA test centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well its an SGS center but not an NCT place, so it will be a boring waiting room for me! She won't be able to drive legally, so I will have to accompany her but seeing as i will be in her car and the test centre is in an industrial estate I won't have much other choice but to wait the hour :rolleyes:

But at least if she passes it will be worth the wait as I will be there to congratulate her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

In my area it's an instant fail if you drive in on your own and they see you - you don't even get tested!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

eamon234 wrote: »
    In my area it's an instant fail if you drive in on your own and they see you - you don't even get tested!
    Is that something you heard in the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

eamon234 wrote: »

what do they tick on the forum for the grade 3?

Your test doesn't start till you check in with the tester and they get you to sign the piece of paper so they can't fail you for something that happened outside of the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Dee369369

As I would be travelling in her car I wouldn't have any place to wait during the test as she would be in th car for the test. :)

My mum came with me last week when i did mine (and passed :D )and there was a canteen i'm sure most places are used to it and will have somewhere for you to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Dee369369 wrote: »
    i'm sure most places are used to it and will have somewhere for you to wait.

The Kilkenny SGS center is right behind the new cattle mart with a really nice cafe/coffe dock [thou you have to listen to the cows mooing] and the RSA center is beside the new shopping center so loads of things to entertain someone waiting for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well its an SGS center but not an NCT place, so it will be a boring waiting room for me!

A book or a newspaper could come in handy here.

Advertisement