Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJW M9 Mag

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with my M9 mag.

The circular piece that the hammer hits to release the gas, does not immediately return to its original position. It does so over about two minutes.
    So basically, the first shot gives off a killer blow back, but then the rest of the shots are just duds with tiny blow back and no bbs fired.

Could it be the spring?
    Is it repairable or is it a write off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Did you try a good shot of silicone spray? Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Remove the valve, clean it and lubricate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I'm having a problem with my M9 mag.

The circular piece that the hammer hits to release the gas, does not immediately return to its original position. It does so over about two minutes.
    So basically, the first shot gives off a killer blow back, but then the rest of the shots are just duds with tiny blow back and no bbs fired.

Could it be the spring?
    Is it repairable or is it a write off?

Wow! When did this start? Maybe on Wednesday I can take a look at it and give you a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I had this problem with my KJW M9 too. Firstly empty the mag of all gas.
    I fixed it by placing the mag on its edge so that the gas release button is facing up. Then spray some silicone oil into that button and actuate it with your finger a few times until it starts to spring out fast again.
    This fixed my magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Same thing happened my brothers mag a while ago, i did as above, sorted it out fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Wow! When did this start? Maybe on Wednesday I can take a look at it and give you a hand.

You and your shoddy merchandise!!!!

Thanks for all the help folks, I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

You and your shoddy merchandise!!!!

Thanks for all the help folks, I'll let you know how I get on.

:P

I'm not concerned - like all equipment, it functions better with frequent use... Get your ass out to HRTA once in a while! Seriously, happy to take a look for you if the silicone oil treatment doesn't ease it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

kevteljeur wrote: »
    :P

I'm not concerned - like all equipment, it functions better with frequent use... Get your ass out to HRTA once in a while! Seriously, happy to take a look for you if the silicone oil treatment doesn't ease it up.

I would, but transport is so bloody unreliable! :P

Advertisement