Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using your inter rail ticket

• 30-06-2008 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Heading off on thursday so just wondering about this.

How should i go about using the actual ticket. Do i board the train and just show it when a conductor asks for tickets? or show it at the ticket window and pay the supplement or booking fee ect?

Thanks it advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Yep just board the train and show the conductor your ticket when he comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

im guessing paying what ever supplement or charge for using the pass in advance ofc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    im guessing paying what ever supplement or charge for using the pass in advance ofc?
    You can pay in advance or on the train. Generally you only have to pay supplements on the fast trains like the TGV in France or the ICE train in Germany. Countries like these are pretty tourist friendly so it's easy to find out where to pay. You should pay in advance because it's cheaper and although I'm sure it's possible to avoid paying the fare, it certainly wouldn't be worth the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eilismoran

Im still confused about how the ticket wors, is there a start and and date printed on it, or is it like a book and gets stamped on every train you go on?

Does anyone know roughly how much the supplements for sleeper beds on night trains are and is it worth travelling long dist at night or is it impossible to sleep??

Any advice/info much appreciated as im going interrailing for the month of august and i really dont have an idea how the ticket works ,

would it be advisable to book seats in advance and how do you do this?

Im going to the following countries ~~>denmark, germany, czech rep, slovenia, hungary, croatia, belgium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It is a piece of paper with a start and finish date on it

There is another section where you are supposed to write in every journey, I didnt bother with this

Some of them will stamp this, some dont seem to have a clue what it is and pull it apart before grunting at you and walking off

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

in relation to getting sleepers and booking in advance

unless you can sleep anywhere i wouldnt get the sleepers-you will probably see them on a train and be able to judge your self whether you will be able to sleep there or not-i went with a group of 5 so we used to just take over a 6 seater compartment and that suited us grand

i remember we reserved our seats in advance once on the whole journey-but i cant remember why!it realy depends on how long the train journey is and if you are on a tight budget or not!

theres a book you can buy with all the train timetables for europe in it-could b worth getting so you can plan things easier

tickets wise-alot of the ticket men used to make us write in the train info in the book and then they just stamp it-but again half of them didnt know what it was-but we never had any hasstle or anything!writing the places in is also good for you to remember where you were and stuff

enjoy your trip!

Advertisement