Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks Display For Wedding

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi

Can anyone recommend a reputable fireworks display company for a wedding in cork? Thanks.

www.buildingcontractorsupport.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

AV Team in Tralee do a mighty job. The work nationally. Their contact details are on www.avteam.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BCS

Thanks Magicman1 - will give them a shout.

www.buildingcontractorsupport.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i thought fireworks are illegal.
    Been to a few weddings myself and on 2 occasions the guards have confiscated the goods and arrested the person who tried to start the fireworks.
    i found more info as it states its ok providing its a month before the event takes place.

Yes, but first, the fireworks must be licensed for import. If you want to import fireworks into Ireland you must apply for a licence to the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform. Application forms are available (Word) from the Department and can be downloaded from the Department's website. The application must be made at least one month before the proposed event. The licence is free.

Details which you must provide when applying include the following:

Your name and address as the applicant
    The name and address of the organiser of the fireworks display
    The name and address of the operator of the display
    The name and address of the safety officer for the display
    The date, location and reason for the display
    Furthermore you must confirm to the Department:

That you have read and are aware of the contents of the Guidance Document on Organised Pyrotechnic Displays (pdf). This document is available fromthe Department.
    That all operators used in the display are competent, in accordance with the guidance document.
    That adequate public liability insurance is in place.
    That you have consulted the local authority Fire Officer.
    That you have consulted the local Gardaí.
    That you have consulted with all other relevant interested parties, for example, your neighbours.
    When the application form is completed and submitted to the Department of Justice, it is then forwarded to Garda headquarters who in turn consult with your local Gardaí. If the Gardaí have no objections they inform the Department and your licence is granted.

The licence then allows you to import the fireworks and operate and display them in accordance with the terms set out in the licence.

It is important to note that anyone who operates a fireworks display (even a small one in your own garden), without the appropriate licence is committing an offence which carries a maximum penalty of 5 years imprisonment

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/criminal-law/criminal-offences/the-law-on-fireworks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

The Artist wrote: »
    i thought fireworks are illegal.
    Been to a few weddings myself and on 2 occasions the guards have confiscated the goods and arrested the person who tried to start the fireworks.
    i found more info as it states its ok providing its a month before the event takes place.

As far as I'm aware, there's no problem with licenced pyrotechnics operaters. Sure, there are guidelines and regulations, but isn't that the case with most outdoor event attractions. The operater will be able to put together everything needed to make sure that everything is legit!

licenced pyrotechnics operaters

This is what I was looking for. I do not want illegal fireworks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

You need to get in touch with Blackpowdermonkeys.com based in Ireland and have just finished an event in Galway to night;)

Thanks Chem

Advertisement