Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night car park city centre

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Hey. Not too used to driving in Dublin, but plan on heading up on Sunday night. Need parking from 8-12ish. Possibly later...

Anyone recommend a suitable car park that's open late on a sunday night that's easy to find? Dont mind walking a bit really.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

You can park on the street most places for free on Sunday, after 8 anyway. I usually park around Sth William street if I'm in the city at night and not drinking of course. Just make sure you double check the parking signs and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Fleet Street car park in temple bar is handy. Can't remember how much it costs per hour, worked out at €9 for 7pm - 2am on Saturday though. It's accessible from the street but they close shutters down at some hour, which automatically opens when you put the card in to leave. Pretty decent service and fairly secure compared to leaving it on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Rb wrote: »
    Fleet Street car park in temple bar is handy. Can't remember how much it costs per hour, worked out at €9 for 7pm - 2am on Saturday though. It's accessible from the street but they close shutters down at some hour, which automatically opens when you put the card in to leave. Pretty decent service and fairly secure compared to leaving it on the road.

It is about 12 Euro per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I parked in the Cineworld carpark on Parnell St, after 6pm its a flat rate of 6 euros!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Royal College of Surgeons car park at Stephens green. Open 24 hours. If you pre pay it's €5 for the night, if not it's €6.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rb wrote: »
    Fleet Street car park in temple bar is handy
    It's very expensive considering that there is a lot of free on street parking at that time.

OP - whre about in the city centre are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Vicar Street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

The times I've been to Vicar Street I always got parking down the same street as the Tivoli Theatre. There's also a car park down there but I don't know how much it is or when it closes.

GrumPy wrote: »

Yeah in around Francis street (Tivoli theatre).
    Take the last left as you come to the end of Patrick Street, just before the lights at Christ Church. Should be handy enough in there. Just make sure you read the signs, and you'll be fine.

If you arrive a little early, you should have no problem getting parking in the street nearby, Francis Street, Meath Street, Swifts Alley, Carman Hall etc.

There is also a muti storey car park in Thomas Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thanks peps. Will have a look a google maps to get an idea. :)

But street parking is free after 8 on sundays though, right?

Depends on where. Sometimes 6 sometimes 7 and most residential areas its 24 hour pay and display.

But street parking is free after 8 on sundays though, right?
    Many streets have free all day parking on Sundays but always check the signs first. The clampers are quite vigorous in applying their duties.

studiorat wrote: »
    most residential areas its 24 hour pay and display.
    I don't think I've ever seen a residential area with 24 hour Pay and Display.

Advertisement