Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse over thread box !> 5 seconds

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

The mouse over thread box is very handy, it lets you read the first post in the thread without clicking on it so you know whether you want to click on it or not. However it only lasts 5 seconds and then it disappears, I don't see why it has to disappear at all, you end up mousing over again and again because you can't read it all in 5 seconds. I really can't see any reason for the disappearance, disappearance upon mouse out would be so much better, thanks for listening.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

It lasts a lot longer for me. And I've those make-box-larger firefox extension things.

Might be the browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Read faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nothing you can do about it. Your browser decides how long it stays open for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

deja vu - didn't this come up recently?

The answer is to move the mouse slowly over the link without going off it, the tooltip then stays visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Myth wrote: »
    It lasts a lot longer for me. And I've those make-box-larger firefox extension things.

Might be the browser?
    Likewise.

As Stevec said, just move your mouse really slowly over it without moving it off it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cool I'll give that a try

Advertisement