Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cairde Summer Festival 2008

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

OK, This is one of those that you should, in fact must support. Muffler this is not pimping just promoting one of the great summer free things that make this town great!;)

http://www.cairdefestival.com/programme.html is the link to the full programme of events but in particular the Family day, Sunday 6th from 12 to 6pmis the one which should be seen, especially by those with children. The Peace park, between the cathedral and the Hawkswell is the epicentre of entertainment on the Sunday, bands* on the bandstand, puppet show, food/craft stalls, stilt walking, flying faries, face painting, art/craft workshops for all ages and general mayhem and fun.

This is free, repeat free so please come out and bring your kids or stroll through after your afternoon shop to show your support and watch kids to grannies having a blast.

Free activities on the street and in both shopping centres on the Saturday.

Great gigs on throughout week and the fancy dress up Karaoke (fancy dress supplied by venue) should be great fun this thursday night in the Tobergal lane (The old Beezies)

So check the site http://www.cairdefestival.com to get a full handle on all events but please support the family day out in the Peace Park, it is such a beautiful under appreciated place so get up there and enjoy!

Thank you for your anticipated suport:)

*Samba Strawboys, Ray Cohen and Ian Boardsly, Anna Huston and Co, Cos-Cos Dancers, Wayne O'Connor, Lubo Alexandrov and Kaba Horo (quality Sh1t)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looks great OP. If I am around Sligo at that time I will get down. Thanks for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That looks great, thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Probably see you there Magnumlady! Thanks OP.

sueme wrote: »
    Probably see you there Magnumlady! Thanks OP.

You probably will, if I manage to drag the kids along:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

magnumlady wrote: »
    You probably will, if I manage to drag the kids along:D

You bring my kid, and I'll lounge about and play computer games with yours! Is a win win Val!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Pimping Sligo events is encouraged here ;)

(Where my cane at?)

sueme wrote: »
    You bring my kid, and I'll lounge about and play computer games with yours! Is a win win Val!

lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Thanks all and please spread the word, it would be great to build a really good festival for Sligo again. This is one that will cater for all the family and bring the people of Sligo together.

Blackie.

Advertisement