Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek 20 questions...

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:39pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.20q.net/startrek/

Tried it out with the USS Prometheus...got it in 17 lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It can't get the Cytherians but its worthy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

thanks for the link, its a good "mind reader" :p...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Couldn't get Leeta :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

it guessed "The Traveller" in 22, worthy idd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It guessed 'Risa' in 12 questions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

haha, it couldn't guess I was a self-sealing stem bolt! hehe ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Cheers FutureGuy. Thanks for the link, really enjoyable. It got it on the 18th question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

it didnt get mine. the uss sentinal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i hate the way so much is wrong because other people proving incorrect info, this thing has only guessed one of my things and that was an easy one. Elaim Gareck

look

You are the mirror universe.
    1. Is it always getting into trouble? You said Irrelevant, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.

A universe does not get into trouble, its a dangerous place but you couldnt say that our mars gets into trouble

2. Can it change size? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

no explenation needed

3. Does it emit light? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

Well other stars/galaxys/quasars are birght one assumes that a universe viewed (from how) from the outside or inside would be emmiting light

4. Was it involved in the Dominion War? You said No, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Probably.

WTF?

5. Does it come from a powerful species? You said No, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Probably.

when was it said that the universe comes from a species is that people saing even the mirror universe was greated by god or something?

6. Does it shine? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Doubtful.

See question 3

7. Has it been involved in a standoff? You said Irrelevant, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.

How can a universe be in a standoff

8. Does it stand out in a crowd? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

The question was vague but for the omega particle the answer was yes one would assume a universe would make more of a impression than a particle in a crowd

9. Does it have an interesting name? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Doubtful.

Well that one is down to choice i mean ithink its a interesting name

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i gave up, i picked the wormhole beside DS9...

it didn't recognize it, i gave in for delta quadrant, which isn't right either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

User45701 wrote: »
    i hate the way so much is wrong because other people proving incorrect info...

+1
    I tried isolinear chip, and it got it in 22, guessing a PADD initially. Most of the people who have used it before don't seem to have a clue. In fairness, a lot of the questions don't really apply to the object you might be thinking about- but that's what the "irrevelant" answer is for.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

USS Pasteur. 20 questions.

It couldn't get Ikat'ika.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

had trouble getting the NX-02 when i tried it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You are Geordi's VISOR.
    1. Did it ever compromise a crew's safety? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.
    2. Is it of crucial importance to the crew? You said No, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.
    3. Would it make someone happy? You said No, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.

Eh.. Then the people that took the test are 'tards.

1. Yes it did, Betor and lursor could view through the visor and found out the shield harmonics. I'd say thats putting the crew at risk !

2. Its crucial to geordie not the crew.

3. Yes, having a cheese crater on your face will make you happy. See end of point 1 again !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It took 25 questions to guess a Bio-Neural Gel Pack, but again that was because of people giving incorrect answers.

Does it understand many languages. I said No. Many other people said yes. It doesn't respond to language at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

It took 25 questions to guess a Bio-Neural Gel Pack, but again that was because of people giving incorrect answers.

Does it understand many languages. I said No. Many other people said yes. It doesn't respond to language at all!

Well, technically it did. Remember that oen ep on Voyager when they were alive, and started acting for them selfs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Anti wrote: »
    Well, technically it did. Remember that oen ep on Voyager when they were alive, and started acting for them selfs?

"Take that cheese to sickbay!"
    - the single worst line in the whole of Trek :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

That was fun!!

It took 23 guesses to get "The Doomsday Machine"!

Thanx for the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

It's never heard of the Tzenkethi. I'm not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You are a sonic shower.
    1. Is it cooperative? You said Irrelevant, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.
    2. Would Scotty need to repair it regularly? You said Sometimes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.
    3. Does it understand more than three languages? You said Maybe, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.
    4. Is it of crucial importance to the crew? You said No, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.
    5. Does it understand many complex languages? 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.
    6. Is there much information about it? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.
    7. Is it peaceful? You said Irrelevant, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.
    8. Does it have an interesting name? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You are a sonic shower.
    1. Is it cooperative? You said Irrelevant, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.
    Id say yes on the grounds that it responds to commands.
    2. Would Scotty need to repair it regularly? You said Sometimes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No.
    did they have 'em in TOS?
    7. Is it peaceful? You said Irrelevant, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes.
    I'd say yes too, there is nothing violent about a shower, or a tri-corder or a room.

It got it in 23 for me with the following "errors"
    You are a sonic shower.
    1. Does it keep a log of its activities? 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No. - fair enough
    2. Is there much information about it? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No. disagree
    3. Is it flexible? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No. well, it does have different settings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You are Koral.
    1. Has it ever been involved in a war? You said Yes, 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is No. - Well perhaps I should have said maybe, but its hard to believe its no.
    2. Has it ever been caught lying? 20Q was taught by other players that the answer is Yes. - he wasnt lying, he didnt say anything!

Advertisement