Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista and USB devices (external HDD)

• 30-06-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Vista doesn't seem to recognise my external HDD. It works fine with another computer but not this one.

If I uninstall the USB drivers and let them re-install after windows restart then it will work for a short period of time.

Then all of sudden it will disapear from My Computer then re-appear, very weird. This is fresh install of Vista so there couldn't be any software conflicts.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if it's a fresh install then get patching, lots of things were fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bang up to date unfortunately. SP1 and all updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

What kind of hard drive is that?

I had a seagate that used to do the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah I just tried a Western Digital external drive and it worked perfect.

Its a Keops that I got off Pixmania, it has video out and a remote but also works as an external drive.

Since the Western Digital works then I have to assume Vista is just incompatible with the Keops drive.

Pretty annoying as its worked perfect on my other Dell Vostro running windows.

I reckon it might be general USB issue though as my ipod doesn't work with Winamp anymore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

quarryman wrote: »
    bang up to date unfortunately. SP1 and all updates.
    :(

Try different USB ports or get a powered USB hub in case the drive isn't getting enough power

• Advertisement
Advertisement