Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Don S. Davis

• 01-07-2008 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

http://gateworld.net/news/2008/06/don_s._davis_1942-2008.shtml

I seriously cannot believe it, I'm in shock. He played such a powerful and commanding character, and really made it his own, so it's strange to think we'll never see him again on screen, this is truly saddening.

Comments

That truly sucks. I always loved him in Stargate and it's a real shame. He will be missed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Man, that sucks. He was great as Hammond and really helped make stargate what it was. 'Tis a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

He was great in the role real shame 65 is to young rip o7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

That truly sucks. I always loved him in Stargate and it's a real shame. He will be missed.

+1

It's sad to hear that he has passed away.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very sad news indeed. R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What?! Seriously I'm shocked by that one :( He had a great presence on screen as Hammond and he invested his character with a real touch of genuine humanity, something often missing in military portrayals. I'm also re-watching "Twin Peaks" currently and enjoyed his turn as Major Briggs there, so the loss is now even fresher. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

A real shame, he had a great on screen presence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

****. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

RIP, great actor. Stargate wouldn't have been the same without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Jebus - just caught my eye on the home page :(
    RIP don... I loved him in stargate..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ah R.I.P, i only saw him last night in a episode of the twilight zone, younger but still clearly him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Saw this earlier. Always enjoyed watching him throughout his career. A great loss and at such a young age. RIP and sympathy to friends and family.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

RIP Don, fantastic actor and not just in Stargate. He has had many great achievements and at 65 could have made the odd and very welcomed appearance on many other TV shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

aww, that's nasty. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP

I only remember him in Stargate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭token56

RIP

This is very sad news indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 philliecullen

Wow.. completely shocking to read that this. We all knew that had health issues, but at 65 - he has been taken from us too early.

He set an extremely high standard for a Commanding Officer role in the Stargate universe. A number have followed him, but have never equalled him. Nobody could fill his sizeable shoes, as O'Neill said.

It was a pleasure to have him in our homes over the years. Looking forward to seeing his final Stargate appear, even if it will be with a tear in our eyes.

Rest In Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That's heart breaking.

A bad day for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Ah thats so sad and such a shame. My heart goes out to his family. He will be sadly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Very sad news.

He was excellent as General Hammond.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭DenMan

RIP General

Jack asked you before did you want a Guinness. Have one on us now buddy. I will.

Don S. Davis (General George S. Hammond) RIP

The Main Man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That's awful, I'm really quite shocked to be honest.

RIP

Good sailing, Ahab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Shame to see him go. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,642 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Donny! ;_;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

ixoy wrote: »
    What?! Seriously I'm shocked by that one :( He had a great presence on screen as Hammond and he invested his character with a real touch of genuine humanity, something often missing in military portrayals. I'm also re-watching "Twin Peaks" currently and enjoyed his turn as Major Briggs there, so the loss is now even fresher. Condolences to his family and friends.

I echo these sentiments completely...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

That's truly shocking and saddening news, I wish my heartfelt condolences to his family and those who knew him. He brought so much to the atmosphere of Stargate SG-1.

Advertisement