Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

round 0 offers

Options
  • 01-07-2008 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

does anyone know when the round 0 offers are sent out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jakfrost

are these the mature student places/deferrals you're referring to?If so, i recall getting a letter stating it's either the first or second week of july but I'd need to check to be certain.Citizen's Information says early August though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

it's the mature students offers i'm asking about & already it's getting under my skin waiting to see if something comes in the post. ahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi OP

Regarding the round 0 offers I am not sure how they operate. If you (like me) are returning to full time education as a Mature Student then it goes on how you did in the interview stage for your course. In my situation during the interview I was asked about the course, my interests, background and why I would benefit from it. From the questions they had already made up their mind that I was already in. Not everybody is in the same situation. I received a letter about 2/3 weeks after the interview confirming that I had been accepted. Has your college got back to you after you sat the interview? They should have,as the CAO is only a formaility as it is the HEI's who make the decision on the canditates themselves not the CAO, only if you are a normal student (Leaving Cert). You should contact your college and ask them directly.

had the interview back in late april. seemed to go very well but i haven't heard anything back. it was with DCU for an honours degree course so is it still solely down to them or will i hear through the cao?

As a Mature Student it is the colleges themselves who access your credentials. They make the decision. You will have to contact them yourself. The CAO is just a facilitator for the acceptance/denial of places for applicants. They do what they are told, that's why it is very hard to get in contact with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I asked the mature student's officer in NUIG about this when I finished up a foundation course a month or two ago. She told me that the first round of CAO offers to mature students will be during the first week of July.

It's only a formality as it was results from the foundation course that are the deciding factor (in my case, at least). This doesn't help alleviate the angst while waiting for the offer though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

I'm sure it varies from institution to institution. I got my acceptance letter 2 days after my interview in DKIT.

hi OP:

According to my letter of acceptance from Trinity, they said the CAO will be in contact the week of the 2nd July. I understand your anxiety though. Even though I have the letter of acceptance and everything appears kosher there's always the slight worry in the back of my mind that I forgot to cross a t or dot an i.

best of luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I got a letter for a conditional offer which read that the offer would be confirmed with a CAO offer in July. Didnt give a date though. (From DIT and I cant wait!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 patrickoneill0

Got mine from Mary I about a week ago at this stage - and think that they all came out at that time because i heard that someone else(friend of a friend) didn't get the course I was going for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

According to a CAO notice I received a few weeks ago, offers for mature and other non-standard aplications will be posted on their web site today and can be accessed from 6.00am on Friday July 4th.

Obviously, anyone in this category will have already received a response to their application from the colleges concerned. As far as I can gather, the CAO offer will simply confirm your highest preference of those institutions which have responded positively to your application.

Good luck!

Cheers Sanguine

I got a letter in the post this morning. It is a Statement of Course Choices. Did anybody else receive this very recently? I am just waiting for the CAO to put my first choice up on the website as a formal offer, as I have already been accepted by the Institute. Only a few days to go guys. The waiting process continues.

'Your acceptance of GY317 has been updated accordingly.'

*Breathes a massive sigh of relief*

Best wishes to everyone who received good news this morning. It's an exciting journey ahead, especially for those of us returning to fulltime education after a long break. :)

got my first choice of DC193
    phew can finally calm down..... no i can't too excited now.... d'oh!
    thanks for all the information & best of luck to you all.

Same here guys, got my first choice. Really happy. It is great to have it front of you. Enjoy your studies everybody. We must all meet up sometime for a few beers and let each other know how we are getting on. :)

Congrats guys!

Having risen shortly after 6.00am to check the CAO site, I was impressed to receive a hard copy of my offer in the post about two hours later.

Listed at the top of the form are the six courses I applied for. Under four of them are a series of three-digit numbers, with a heading to the side that reads "Your score (if applicable)". Does anyone know what these numbers mean? Should I be alarmed that the first one is "666"?!!

same as myself, up in the corner like a sore thumb the numbers 666.i'm guessing it's just the somewhat unfortunate default score for us mature kids.Anyway I'm off to TR072, bye bye work.:cool:

Does anyone know what these numbers mean? Should I be alarmed that the first one is "666"?!!

No idea what it means, or how it's derived. Mine says 999.

• Advertisement

I got 8888 on the left of the page and 9999 on the right of the page. Not sure exactly but I accepted on www.cao.ie and I am thrilled.

I know 8888 is for my first choice (SG241) and 9999 is for my fifth choice (DB553).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I got 9999 for mine, I only had one course picked though. Pity me leaving results werent like that :P

Congrats on getting through man. You happy with your first choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Got my first choice. Kinda good really because I never heard from my second choice (Letterkenny). Maybe I applied too late. Congrats all you guys for getting what you wanted and good luck in your studies. Have fun too though!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Sweet, got accepted too. DC121 - Computer Applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Just a quick note. I had a thread going a few months back called mature students – how are you going. Anyway I was offered the course in DIT (DT106 Spatial Planning) I wanted and expected the course today. So just to say thanks to everybody who replied to the thread, all the positive feedback really helped me see that going back to college is the best thing for me. I may even see some of you in person from September.:)

Nice one man, you got your first choice, fair play to you. Enjoy your studies.

Advertisement