Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Forum skin

Options
  • 01-07-2008 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

So I was just thinking there, since we have a cloud skin on boards and its a fairly dark skin with mostly everything black and yellow. Should we have it as an official nocturnal skin?
    Infact would it be a good idea to make it a default skin on the forum??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i likes it!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Definitely have it as the official skin of the noctornal forum. It's a brilliant skin, more people should use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yeah I've been using it for ages! Cloud skin ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Shtick it on, ye have me curious now!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Shtick it on, ye have me curious now!
    See the drop down at the very bottom left hand side of the page. That has a list of all the skins. Just change it to cloud. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I use the evil skin. Black and red, very nocturnal :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

orestes wrote: »
    I use the evil skin. Black and red, very nocturnal :cool:

Yup I use the evil skin too. Captures my personality very well, I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Star Wars skin would be even more suitable I reckon. Dark and with lots of stars. There's no actual Star Wars stuff in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

See the drop down at the very bottom left hand side of the page. That has a list of all the skins. Just change it to cloud. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's worth it.

Jaysus, I'm in de Kingdom of Heaven!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've been using the BLACK skin, giving cloud a go now. Prob wont stick with it, too much stuff moving :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Hmm, I'm torn between Evil and Cloud. Evil for the moment though.

jor el wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm torn between Evil and Cloud. Evil for the moment though.

I find the red in Evil a bit eye strainy, see.

Spankeh wrote: »
    So I was just thinking there, since we have a cloud skin on boards and its a fairly dark skin with mostly everything black and yellow. Should we have it as an official nocturnal skin?
    Infact would it be a good idea to make it a default skin on the forum??

BTW, is it possible to have a default skin, or was that you just imaginising?

You can set your default in your user cp Doom. In edit options I think!

takola wrote: »
    You can set your default in your user cp Doom. In edit options I think!

What about for the forum? Or did I pick up the Spankinator wrong?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I use the Star Wars skin at home, but the Minimalist skin in work as it's the least dangerous looking ;)

SDooM wrote: »

No I don't think you can do that. Spankeh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Been using Cloud black all along. There's another skin? If it's light, does it come with sun block?:cool:

It appears you can indeed have a default skin for a whole forum, CuLT can do it if the mood takes him or if we ask him nicely. See this for example

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1103

Shield your eyes though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

yeah that'd be pretty cool:)

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    It appears you can indeed have a default skin for a whole forum, CuLT can do it if the mood takes him or if we ask him nicely. See this for example

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1103

Shield your eyes though
    Eh, my normal skin appears fine for that, it doesn't change no matter what skin I use. It can be done (it's done over on boards.tv for the Jericho forum) but I'd really have to go against it. It would out me off a forum if it used a skin I didn't like (in this case the jericho forum on boards.tv has a skin similar to the classic skin and it has really put me off using that forum).

Eh, my normal skin appears fine for that, it doesn't change no matter what skin I use. It can be done (it's done over on boards.tv for the Jericho forum) but I'd really have to go against it. It would out me off a forum if it used a skin I didn't like (in this case the jericho forum on boards.tv has a skin similar to the classic skin and it has really put me off using that forum).

Bugger. CuLT was messing about earlier and put the whole forum on the pink skin. He must have changed it back though, sorry bout that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

SDooM wrote: »

CuLT can set a forum specific skin. He did it earlier.... feckin' pink forum... :mad: :P
    I asked him to change it back. :)

But I agree about it being a bad idea. I prefer to keep the same skin across the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Dord wrote: »
    CuLT can set a forum specific skin. He did it earlier.... feckin' pink forum... :mad: :P

That was brilliant

Legend = Cult:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yeah it was pretty funny. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Right, I am Officially lmfao at StarBoards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement