Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw -Spoilers- 30/6/08

• 01-07-2008 2:28am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭

as its the first post and the one you can read just from having the pointer on it...
    Just realised you can read spoilers from the main page if their in the first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Decided to stay up for Raw for the first time in months and jesus what a way to shake things up after the draft, that was a great segmentwas sure it'd be just a way for HHH to come out and run down Edge or set up a match for the next ppv but thats shocking, WWE has gotten interesting again after the post-Mania slump

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yeah everything draft related has been done really well IMO and made for very interesting viewing including CM Punk being now World heavyweight champion on Raw. wonder for how long though? its mad to think this time last week Raw's main & mid card champions held no belts on ECW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

yeah everything draft related has been done really well IMO and made for very interesting viewing including CM Punk being now World heavyweight champion on Raw. wonder for how long though? its mad to think this time last week Raw's main & mid card champions held no belts on ECW!

Did he turn heel or something. Can you explain how the change went down?

I'll be amazed if Punk makes it out of this Raw with the belt, either Edge is going to invoke his rematch clause tonight or someone else will challenge, that really is shocking though i picked the right week to start watching Raw again thats for sure, maybe Vince has realised that people are sick of the same old rehashed **** week after week (that or the accident really killed him and the secretly hire Heyman to book this thing)

Bubs101 wrote: »

JR came out to say farewell to the Raw fans (its in Oklahoma) and Edge interrupted, slagging off Raw and sending JR packing, Batista comes out and beats the ****e out of Edge, then after he lays him out with a Batista Bomb Punks music hits, walks out with a ref and cashes in the briefcase, 1,2,3 new champ, pretty much the same way Edge cashed in both his MITB wins, great segment really shocking

• Advertisement

Edge came out interupting JR's Farewell but just before Edge left the arena Batista came out and gave him a beating culminating with a Batista bomb. CM Punk then came running down with a ref and his case which he cashed in preformed his own finish and got the 1-2-3 and become the new champ... good stuff altogether.

edit: beaten to it

not going to many matches tonight but they are shaking it up and not doing what is expected so im happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Thought Punk would cash in the MITB soon enough, didn't expect it tonight though. That's one way of bringing a main title back to Raw I suppose. Can't see his reign lasting too long though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Thought Punk would cash in the MITB soon enough, didn't expect it tonight though. That's one way of bringing a main title back to Raw I suppose. Can't see his reign lasting too long though!

Gotta agree with krudler, I can't see it lasting past the end of the show. Punk is good, but champion on the flag ship show? I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Wow, interesting stuff so far. It was obvious that Punk was gonna cash in his shot as soon as Edge started boasting that nobody on Raw could challenge him for his title. It was still exciting though. WWE did a good job of maximizing the crown reaction to the title change as well by having Edge get heat by interrupting the hometown hero J.R's farewell speech beforehand. Like RRC I don't predict a long reign for Punk, but I'm still excited to see where they take things from here.

Of course now you're gonna have people discussing and debating the fact that to give Raw a world champion, Edge had to come over from Smackdown to drop his title, while the original Raw champion HHH gets to keep his title and carry on his reign on Smackdown. That should be interesting reading, lol.

orestes wrote: »
    Gotta agree with krudler, I can't see it lasting past the end of the show. Punk is good, but champion on the flag ship show? I don't think so

well CM Punk vs JBL tonight

I think he will get through this one personally and maybe make it till the next PPV. Transitional champ maybe but one hour would waste a chance to build him up IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

well CM Punk vs JBL tonight

I think he will get through this one personally and maybe make it till the next PPV. Transitional champ maybe but one hour would waste a chance to build him up IMO

And here comes Cena......

And there goes Cena :p

you'll be saying that again in about 40mins when he saves CM Punks ass in the main event too.

ps draft pick time for you methinks

I literally hurt myself laughing when i read that post :pac:

Ah... Spinner world title...:(

Rhodes & Dibiase cut a solid promo, im really liking them as a new team and future stable members think they can go far especially Ted although I was more impressed with Cody on the Mic than usual there... maybe heel will suit him

Rhodes & Dibiase cut a solid promo, im really liking them as a new team and future stable members think they can go far especially Ted although I was more impressed with Cody on the Mic than usual there... maybe heel will suit him

Looking forward to seeing more from them, think they will make a good team!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bring back HHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Great to see CM Punk as champ but im just counting down the days till HHH gets it back.

Did anyone notice Cryme Thyme came out with cena?So looks like we are heading towards attitude era times.La familia are there and jericho and cade could grow,rhodes an dibiase jr is meant to go somewhere and santino is meant to have a faction soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I said it in the night of champions thread that it was a possibility for HHH and edge to both win their matches and for Punk to then cash in his money in the bank.

So I was day late but I stilled called it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I said it in the night of champions thread that it was a possibility for HHH and edge to both win their matches and for Punk to then cash in his money in the bank.

So I was day late but I stilled called it.

Good for you:pac:

Damn it I was pondering on whether to watch Raw last night, now I wish I did. It'll be interesting to see where this goes now. Will Edge cut his losses and just go after HHH? I won't be surprised one bit if the rest of the summer is lead by a Punk/ Edge feud and the HHH/ Cena feud.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Good for you:pac:

Damn it I was pondering on whether to watch Raw last night, now I wish I did. It'll be interesting to see where this goes now. Will Edge cut his losses and just go after HHH? I won't be surprised one bit if the rest of the summer is lead by a Punk/ Edge feud and the HHH/ Cena feud.

Wouldn't that make the draft a bit pointless with them all being aon seperate shows?

Whats is the line up for PPVs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Have you forgotten the rule's???? where's your spoiler tags!!!!!

hyn-zie wrote: »

Points to thread title :rolleyes:

The thread title clearly says spoilers.

Wouldn't that make the draft a bit pointless with them all being aon seperate shows?

Agreed. I'm just thrown off by how WWE.com in their review of the HHH/ Cena match stated that "John Cena won't rest until he brings the WWE Championship back to Raw." It made me think that their feud might not be over just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I actually called Punk cashing in last night after HHH was holding his knee, i was wrong then

As soon as i saw Edge on Raw I knew CM Punk was taking the belt as he was the only one who could (Edges reason for being there was pretty weak) then after Batista battered Edge I said to my brother and his friend queue CM Punk (it was a banker or MITBanker if you prefer)

I've read most places that it was shocking IMO is was obvious as soon as Edge appeared on Raw

What wasnt obvious was that CM Punk would keep it by beating JBL it would have been typical for Punk to be the shortest lived transitional champ in history because he was the face with the title shot

Raw was interesting last night for the first time in a while though although to be honest it was severely lacking in actual wrestling one 3 second match and one 30 second match and only 3 more besides that i think but the womens match and IC title match were pretty short aswell

yeah! you'd think a thread that has the word SPOILER in the title wouldnt have any ,gah some people eh? :rolleyes:

anyhoo, glad punk retained it would have been a waste to lose to JBL after an hour as champ as it would completely devalue the MITB win and JBL should never be champion of anything,ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Great Raw
    I'm glad CM Punk cashed in his MITB new champion i'm guessing the Edge/HHH feud for Smackdown WWE title now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Now this I didn't expect.

Hopefully he gets at least two PPVs as champion to test how well he draws and how well the fans take to him as champ.

When is Summerslam? I assume that's when Cena will get it back, hopefully turning heel in the process and freshening up his character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

When is Summerslam? I assume that's when Cena will get it back, hopefully turning heel in the process and freshening up his character.

august 17th

This should make Smackdown interesting at least. Its about time Edge gets someone new to feud with. I can not remember the last time a Smackdown PPV didn't contain some combination of Edge, Batista, and The Undertaker.

I think Punk will retain for at least a month and lose it at the GAB probably to Cena. Cant remember any occasion where a world title has changed twice on free TV so close together.

Then Cena needs a feud for Summerslam as HHH and Edge will probably carry to at least there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

edge will invoke his rematch clause somewhere down the line i expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Oh i meant cena not hhh,so long looking @ hhh on raw with the belt its hard to get my head round him being on sd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

rossie1977 wrote: »
    edge will invoke his rematch clause somewhere down the line i expect

that can only be PPV though, he made a point of saying that bar a draft show this would be the last time he was on raw. I figure that was a way of excising him from the rematch clause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Has Edge failed a drug test or something?:confused:
    Seriously it would have made more sense for him to cash it in against Stephanies hubby but he would never put anyone over!

• Advertisement

10f8a4w.jpg

Realistically, this is a massive mistake. CM punk will probably go down as the worst champion in the history of the company. You can't go from being midcard ECW to being Raw's main eventer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

With the big gold belt back on Raw again does this mean its bigger than the WWE title like the last time it was on Raw

Realistically, this is a massive mistake. CM punk will probably go down as the worst champion in the history of the company. You can't go from being midcard ECW to being Raw's main eventer

How was he mid-card when he was ECW Champ from September '07 till Jan '08, ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?:rolleyes::confused:

How was he mid-card when he was ECW Champ from September '07 till Jan '08, ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?:rolleyes::confused:

Relative to the entire WWE he was. At times probably lower than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hahaha, Punk. I'm a big fan of the guy but it was so ridiculous. He was celebrating like he'd done something huge when really he'd won the belt in the same way that Edge had done twice before. Couldn't even defend the belt without some help, he still looks as useless as ever

The way ECW normally runs is that the Miz and Morrison or their challengers are the main event or the slot below. Kane is normally in the main event or the slot below. Shelton and Kofi had been coming on 3rd for ages. After that, Punk was lucky if he got ahead of Mike Knox squash matches. Also, if they had a guest he would automatically be in the Main event.

If you look at ECW since Punk got the case, Miz and Morrison have gone over cleanly as well as Chavo and Chuck Palumbo

As far as i can remember he had some good match's, he's a fan favourite, i preffer him haven the title than 619

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As far as i can remember he had some good match's, he's a fan favourite, i preffer him haven the title than 619

How can you say you prefer him when he hasnt had a full show as champ yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,484 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

WWE can do no right with some people.

Give the title to HHH....BOOOO
    Give the title to Cena....BOOOO
    Give the title to Batista...BOOOO
    Give the title to Punk...BOOOO

So Rey isnt a fan favourite?
    So Rey still doesnt have good matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Oh dear so I suppose most Punk bashers would prefer super hunter to win it of Edge who yet again gets another stupidly short run? it’s a risk but people have being crying out for guys like MVP, Kennedy and Punk to have a shot at the main event and finally Vince has listened. He may draw, he may not but heh can he kill the Raw ratings anymore than Hunter had over the last few months?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Oh dear so I suppose most Punk bashers would prefer super hunter to win it of Edge who yet again gets another stupidly short run? it’s a risk but people have being crying out for guys like MVP, Kennedy and Punk to have a shot at the main event and finally Vince has listened. He may draw, he may not but heh can he kill the Raw ratings anymore than Hunter had over the last few months?

They, the WWE, have made a bold move in making Punk WHC, and I applaud them for that. But for Punk to become a draw, the WWE must be aggressive. I just hope they have thought it through and know where they are going with Punk as Champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I really don't think that they're going to make any big attempt at making Punk a draw. He'll either be the third wheel in a JBL vs Cena title feud and lose it at the next PPV or possibly Summerslam. It's still just ridiculous to me, until they actually have Punk beat someone credible by himself then he's going to be a bit of a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It is a bit stupid having a guy jobbing to people like Chuck Palumbo only 2-3 weeks ago being WHC on the main brand..How can he possibly be credible..Little kiddies wouldnt understand that though which is why they will love him as champ.

• Advertisement
Advertisement