Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw -Spoilers- 30/6/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fozzy wrote: »
    I really don't think that they're going to make any big attempt at making Punk a draw. He'll either be the third wheel in a JBL vs Cena title feud and lose it at the next PPV or possibly Summerslam. It's still just ridiculous to me, until they actually have Punk beat someone credible by himself then he's going to be a bit of a joke

It is true that the manner in which he won it didn't exactly cover him in glory. But you could see it as karma coming back to bite Edge and to give him a taste of his own medicine. It doesn't necessarily make Punk look weak, it depends on how you view it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Tauren wrote: »
    WWE can do no right with some people.

Give the title to HHH....BOOOO
    Give the title to Cena....BOOOO
    Give the title to Batista...BOOOO
    Give the title to Punk...BOOOO

exactly, lets just bring back the rock and make him champ!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just thinking how the hell does Jeff Hardy feel right now? :eek:
    Also Callaway he went over clean on Palumbo on Smackdown a few months ago as well as Jericho, Matt Hardy and Morrison numerous times as well so he’s not being jobbing all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rjd2 wrote: »

High

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Also Callaway he went over clean on Palumbo on Smackdown a few months ago as well as Jericho, Matt Hardy and Morrison numerous times as well so he’s not being jobbing all the time.

When did I say he was jobbing ALL THE TIME..you are talking bout months ago..I am talking about weeks ago. I just think it makes him look weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it was a brilliant decision to give Punk the belt.

PS didn't Fozzy predict this the other day almost to a tee? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think it was a brilliant decision to give Punk the belt.

PS didn't Fozzy predict this the other day almost to a tee? :D

The only thing I said was that I'd love to see Punk get buried by HHH after cashing in!

The only thing I said was that I'd love to see Punk get buried by HHH after cashing in!

I'm confused Fozzy, you said you're a fan of him a few posts ago but you also seem to be down on him, as the above quote suggests!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

CM puck wont be champion for long, it was great that the way edge lost his belt though. I have to say i am one a few who actually like cena, then again his family just live a few miles down the street from where we live and he has done alot for the surrounding area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm confused Fozzy, you said you're a fan of him a few posts ago but you also seem to be down on him, as the above quote suggests!:pac:

When he's allowed do what he's best at then I think he's great. But WWE haven't made him out to be anyone special, he gets beaten by the most average guys around, and now he's champion! I just think it's all a bit silly. If I felt that they were going to keep him as a top guy then I'd be more excited about it

When he's allowed do what he's best at then I think he's great. But WWE haven't made him out to be anyone special, he gets beaten by the most average guys around, and now he's champion! I just think it's all a bit silly. If I felt that they were going to keep him as a top guy then I'd be more excited about it

What I expected.

With his "losing streak" I thought they were portraying him as a "Rocky" type character, the ultimate underdog. I have a suspicion that it will be similar to Mysterio's title run, which really made him look weak.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see a Batista heel turn and a feud between him and Punk for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im delighted CM puck is champ

its somthing new

it was a great Raw

for once i didnt have to fast forward through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

If people have seen punks heel work youd be screaming for him to turn heel, if he works cena hell have to but he works batista then he can work face.

jeffk wrote: »
    If people have seen punks heel work youd be screaming for him to turn heel, if he works cena hell have to but he works batista then he can work face.

wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

rovert wrote: »
    wut?

I assume you mean what
    SO
    IF people have seen punk work heel they would push for him to work heel in wwe and if he did so he could fued with cena easily
    otherwise
    He stays face and batista can easily do heel and so could easily work with punk

OR
    Punk will just job out asap prob the next ppv to either of the above unfortunately

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    I assume you mean what
    SO
    IF people have seen punk work heel they would push for him to work heel in wwe and if he did so he could fued with cena easily
    otherwise
    He stays face and batista can easily do heel and so could easily work with punk

OR
    Punk will just job out asap prob the next ppv to either of the above unfortunately

HIs ring work is nowhere near main event level.

HE wouldnt be able to lift up Cena or Batista for GTS..And Anaconda Vice sucks big time..I wonder what he'll use??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tinslej

He lifted up JBL and he's a big fat bastard. I'm pretty sure he's had Kane up on ECW too

callaway92 wrote: »
    HE wouldnt be able to lift up Cena or Batista for GTS..And Anaconda Vice sucks big time..I wonder what he'll use??

EXACTLY

While the rest of his offence most viewers dont "get." His comebacks arent great either and really gets the crowd in the match. All that said it is refreshing to see a youngster get elevated like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

wot?? he lifted jbl up clean last night no problem and jbl is an ex offensive tackle a legit 290lb and bigger than either cena or batista

had you said bdv i might have agreed but cena??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

HIs ring work is nowhere near main event level.
    He's better than Cena was when he first won a major title.

The crowd love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Great episode of RAW!

Hopefully they will make Punk strong and keep the Vince angle of TV for a few weeks. Cena vs JBL and his marshal law could be good. And Y2J v HBK is building nicely.

For the first time in ages I'm looking forward to seeing next weeks RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The crowd love him.

Hey dude, don't forget to make your draft pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I marked unashamedly perhhaps more excitedly than ever for Punk's win last night. Thankfully I saw it spoiler free. Yes he's probably not ready, yes he'll probably drop it at the next PPV, but **** it, for once WWE actually pulled off the big shock well.

For all those ROHaters out there, by the way, that would be CM Punk, World Champion in WWE and Samoa Joe Champion of TNA. its amazing how their careers have blossomed and parallelled each other all along, from their epic 1 hour matches in ROH, to this, the pinnacle of the business.

Moments like this remind me why I love wrestling.

flahavaj wrote: »

And liquor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Minto wrote: »
    And liquor?

Large bottles boy.:D

Worst thing is only last night i was telling VR how I was of the beer for the foreseeable future.

I'm so weak.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I really hope WWE creative can keep this up cos since the draft ive looked forward to both Raw & SD more than in a long long time. Especially when I look at Raw (despite SD supposidly doing better in the draft) I see numerous things that I look forward to seing atm:

1) CM Punk as champ (Cena/JBL + Martial law?)
    2) DiBiase & Rhodes jnr and their possible new faction
    3) Jericho as a heel w/ Cade vs HBK
    4) where will they go with the Vince angle
    5) the new draftees, Mysterio (vs Santino?), New IC champ Kofi, what will be Batista's role minus Edge etc...

matches and promo's for these alone would make a full and very good Raw IMO

I marked unashamedly perhhaps more excitedly than ever for Punk's win last night. Thankfully I saw it spoiler free. Yes he's probably not ready, yes he'll probably drop it at the next PPV, but **** it, for once WWE actually pulled off the big shock well.

For all those ROHaters out there, by the way, that would be CM Punk, World Champion in WWE and Samoa Joe Champion of TNA. its amazing how their careers have blossomed and parallelled each other all along, from their epic 1 hour matches in ROH, to this, the pinnacle of the business.

it works because it is fresh and new, not only punk but kofi as IC champ and henry as ECW champ; who would have predicted that trio holding those belts 3 weeks ago

now if HHH jobbed to bryan danielson on his smackdown debut it would really shake things up, of course that is asking a bit too much :p

Large bottles boy.:D

Only way to do it!

Now, before I get in trouble for going off topic, I'll be keeping my comments on RAW and NOC for the podcast tomorrow night!
    [/cheap plug]

rossie1977 wrote: »
    wot?? he lifted jbl up clean last night no problem

Did you see it?

In what way?
    He's
    The crowd love him.

Cena or Punk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

So Rey isnt a fan favourite?
    So Rey still doesnt have good matches?

I was soley quoting CM Punk was a fan favourite, i didn't say Rey doesn't have good matches either cause he is good, i just think CM Punk has done a lot to prove he's worthy of being a Champion!!! He did win "Money In The Bank", he won the ECW Belt, i was suprised he won the heavey weight but it would make sense since theirs no belt on RAW,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The only reason it makes sense to have given Punk the belt on Raw is that for me, they are going to try and keep Batista and Cena apart until Wrestlemania. I'd expect Cena to win at Summerslam and to have feuds with the likes of Jericho, HBK, JBL and maybe even Cade so they can keep Batista Cena for the big one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The only reason it makes sense to have given Punk the belt on Raw is that for me, they are going to try and keep Batista and Cena apart until Wrestlemania. I'd expect Cena to win at Summerslam and to have feuds with the likes of Jericho, HBK, JBL and maybe even Cade so they can keep Batista Cena for the big one

batista/cena?! now theres one match i would have NO interest in watching!

hyn-zie wrote: »
    i just think CM Punk has done a lot to prove he's worthy of being a Champion!!! He did win "Money In The Bank", he won the ECW Belt

Fans havent really taken to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Raw was great this week, better than I've seen it in about a year. Punk winning the title is a nice change of pace for WWE, it's like a breath of fresh air putting the belt on him, whether he's ready for it or not. Edge's promo before was great, and Batista came across as a proper animal when he came down. I do think Punk will come across a a bit of a pussy champ though if his match with JBL is anything to go by. JBL's marshall law thing could be the start for something brilliant, he's such an excellent heel, he even had me cheering for Cena.

The comedy on Raw deserves to be mentioned too, Santino was hilarious ("Shut up your face!") but the real star was Jamie Noble, that segment with Katie Lea and Kane had me wondering why he hadn't been moved to Raw ages ago. This with the Jericho HBK feud gathering pace and Kingston along with DiBiase and Rhodes as champions seems like a new direction for Raw. And there was no 20 minute promo from HHH or any Vince bull**** to deal with either!!!

Fans havent really taken to him

It's hit and miss from what I have seen. In some places he gets a great reaction, in others he gets a simply lukewarm reaction. Whereas with Jeff Hardy, he gets a consistently huge reaction. I just hope creative know where they are going with Punk as champion, indecisiveness and ambiguity is tle last thing the character needs right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I thought Raw seemed really fresh this week. Its like a whole new programme, with new stars and new storylines.

Why not make Punk the Champion? The ratings can't realistically be any worse and if your going to try something new, why not go the whole hog.

JBL as top heel works for me.

I'm not sure how long term it is but I think pairing Cena with Cryme Tyme might freshen him up a bit.

I love Santino. "You are not the batman"

Only two things bothered me.

That is now two nights in a row Lance Cade has appeared at ringside with Y2J and done nothing. If he is supposed to be getting a rub from his association with Jericho, shouldn't he make the audience aware he is there for a start.

And while I like it as an idea,what are the reasons behind Cryme Tyme and Cena. It just seems a little random.

But after a couple of weeks of not being bothered I'll definitely watch Raw again next week.

Id say Punk will lose the title at the Great American Bash. They wont have him headline Summerlam imo.

Id say Punk will lose the title at the Great American Bash. They wont have him headline Summerlam imo.

Of course they wont, they will have Triple H headline!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What a week to be without a tv. A HHH/Edge feud should be fantastic. May get me watching Smacdown! again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Chryme tyme were the perfect guys to help out cena as they will do anything for money!?
    Cena was outside afterall and as we have seen before CT have a habit of been outside scalping tickets etc...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

God I love WWE!! Raw this week was brilliant!! I haven't enjoyed a full Raw like this is ages!! Long may it continue!!

Did you see it?

if you are asking did i see punk lifting jbl and giving him the gts then yes i was watching it live, if he can do that to a 20 stone+ guy like jbl he will have no problem with cena

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if you are asking did i see punk lifting jbl and giving him the gts then yes i was watching it live

it did look like **** tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I hope CM Punk keeps the belt for awhile.

There is new feuds that can happen now for the WWE title.

CM Punk V Rey

CM Punk V Cena

CM Punk V Batista

CM Punk V JBL

Santino was funny he is great on the mic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JP Liz wrote: »
    I hope CM Punk keeps the belt for awhile.

There is new feuds that can happen now for the WWE title.

CM Punk V Cena

Santino was funny he is great on the mic

Um that feud would be interesting as both are faces, it would be very interesting to see if the fans would turn on either.

Punk vs HBK with Punk as a heel, preferably with the Better than You gimmick (damn you MVP for ripping that off!). Punk cutting loose on Michaels' history of drug use and abuse would be incredible.

Double C wrote: »
    Better than You gimmick (damn you MVP for ripping that off!)

Pardon?

Dont all heels have this "gimmick."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Double C wrote: »
    Punk vs HBK with Punk as a heel, preferably with the Better than You gimmick (damn you MVP for ripping that off!). Punk cutting loose on Michaels' history of drug use and abuse would be incredible.

I think the WWE missed out by drafting Jeff to Smackdown because a feud between those two over drug use would have been great considering Jeff's drug use is the only reason Punk is champion

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think the WWE missed out by drafting Jeff to Smackdown because a feud between those two over drug use would have been great considering Jeff's drug use is the only reason Punk is champion

Who'd be the face and who'd be the heel? If Jeff was the face, it would only work if they approached his drug use the way they did with Eddie G in his feud with Angle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement