Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prep guide for 70-649

Options
  • 01-07-2008 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

For those of you that are MCSE 2003 and looking at heading to MCITP on 2008 here is a nice little post that should help you and give you some better ideas about the exam.

The exam details are here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

That'll come in handy over the next few weeks... once the MCSE is finished probably a good idea to hammer on through!

Edit: There are two exams required to upgrade right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

This exam gives 3 MCTS certs as it covers 3 exams. And only counts when you have the MCSE 2003 certification.

To get the MCITP Enterprise Admin from MCSE requires 3 exams unless you have done the MCSE using Vista MCTS. If you havent you will need to do the Vista cert as well.

For MCITP Server Admin you can do 70-648 or 70-649 and exam 70-646. Using exam 70-648 gives you 2 MCTS certs and is valid for either MCSA or MCSE on 2003.

For MCITP Enterprise Admin quickest way is 70-649 and the 70-647

Here is a good guide on the paths from MCSA and MCSE to MCITP on Windows 2008

Again ... another good reason to take the 620 as elective I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Cheers Ginger this will come in handy - i'm taking the exam on Monday week!

Let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement

:D woot! Passed it - 940, 1000 & 910 - overall 910. It was a LOT easier than I expected - I think I could have scraped a pass with common sense and from doing the mcse - eg stuff about MS virtual machines you'd know from using vmware etc. The questions are a bit more to the point - no more you are woking in contoso.com etc just this is what you need to do - how do you do it. 70-646 is next I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Good work. Now post some questions+answers :)

Hehe thanks guys :D
    qwertz wrote: »
    Good work. Now post some questions+answers :)

Ah but the NDA!:rolleyes: it was pretty much the objectives. I can't really remember exact questions- I always seem to forget straight away!! Hopefully its ok to say this : stuff I remember - RDC, Web/ISS/PKI,NAP,AD/GPOs/RODCs virtual machine stuff and other general stuff that you have no business doing an exam if you don't know!:pac:

It's split into 3 exams with set time for each exam - once you finish the review you can't go back (like the design exams). I made a STUPID mistake when i was reading back over my answers for the last 'exam' and cleared one of my answers and only saw the red box on the review page as I clicked finish - doh! :eek:

For materials I used the Syngress book, some white papers and 3 virtual servers - 2 'full' and one core. Not really a fan of Syngress books(used a few chapters of the 70-293 one) - I find the chapters tend to drag on a bit compared to the MS books where they split it up into lessons but since there's no MS book Syngress was the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Thanks for the details. I will sit mine next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

well done on exam, I have 70-291 on Wed for my MCSA :)

Advertisement