Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GTi Co2 Query.

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

Alright Folks,

I'm looking into getting a late '06 GTi Manual from the UK. As far as I was concerned the Co2 for this car was 189g/km so the VRT band would be 28% but the revenues VRT calculator says the cars output is 192g/km and the car moves into the 32% band. It make a big enough difference, about 600euro.

Parkers and volkswagen say its output is 189g/km. Is there anywhere to find out what the actual Co2 emissions are for a 2006 golf GTI manual?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

The VLC for my 07 GTI (DSG) states that it is 188g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

whippet wrote: »
    The VLC for my 07 GTI (DSG) states that it is 188g

Spot on man, thanks.

Anyone have a VLC for an '06 one to be certain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Mine's also a '07 and its 189. The manual is 189, the DSG is 188.
    I've seen figures like 192/194 quoted and I really don't know where they get those numbers from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had an 06 5 door manual and it was definitely 192 on the VLC

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Ferris wrote: »
    Alright Folks,

I'm looking into getting a late '06 GTi Manual from the UK. As far as I was concerned the Co2 for this car was 189g/km so the VRT band would be 28% but the revenues VRT calculator says the cars output is 192g/km and the car moves into the 32% band. It make a big enough difference, about 600euro.

Parkers and volkswagen say its output is 189g/km. Is there anywhere to find out what the actual Co2 emissions are for a 2006 golf GTI manual?

Cheers.

Call the seller and ask them what's on the V5. That's your definitive answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

AudiChris wrote: »
    Call the seller and ask them what's on the V5. That's your definitive answer.

Thats what i'll have to do alright, looks like there might have been a change in the emissions between '06 and '07.

Thanks for all the replies lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭The Stig

There is an option on the VRT Calculator to override the emissions. There is nearly 2K in the Difference with the two emissons levels.

Let me know how you got on as I am also thinking of importing a GTI in the next few months

Advertisement