Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd hand car prices going up????

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed 2nd Hand Car prices going up?

I am watching one vehicle on Carzone (waiting for finances to be in place for it in next few days), I checked it yesterday and it was at €5,000, then today discovered it was at €5500. Surely the new VRT regieme should not be affecting 2nd hand vehicles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

i've only noticed prices dropping. That's a weird one

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on prices and they've been going down all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Obviously a fool, 2nd hand only going one way for a few years.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I was to go see a car last weekend that was advertised at 44,950k last week and on Saturday morning was up to 55 k !

I also note though that the guy couldn't tell me the mileage before the price hike and was very proud to tell me it had only 30k after ( I was suspicious as well as priced out of the car )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Clocked and a price hike........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm guessing the prices are for cars stillon UK plates - the cost of importing them has just risen, and sellers are trying to recoup this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the prices are for cars stillon UK plates - the cost of importing them has just risen, and sellers are trying to recoup this.

The vehicle I am looking at is on Irish Plates, probably a seller chancing his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Well everything CANT come down. If new prices of for example mazda 3 diesel are coming down, obviously the 2nd hand price will be down. But....Mazda 5 petrol which is going up, makes perfect sense for the seccond hand price to do the same. Not all will do this but id regard it as perfectly normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Petal1

imo car prices no matter what your buying should be coming down, this is all pie in the sky at the mo, typical example new bmw 520d manual dropped by 8500, this will have a major effect on the residual value of a 06/07 model, pity anyone that bought there new one in January as there cost to change next year will cripple them at least double

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Petal1 wrote: »
    imo car prices no matter what your buying should be coming down,

have to disagree

New rx-8 up by about 7k? u think someone trading in a 07 is going to trade up for what they would be getting at the previous price of about 42k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

boomer_ie wrote: »
    The vehicle I am looking at is on Irish Plates, probably a seller chancing his arm.

What make and model is it? The car bought new may be more expensive since today?

Advertisement