Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usit Canada U35 - Destination Toronto

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi guys,

leaving for toronto this wk. trying to get a head start with organising a place to stay. i wondered if there is anyone who has gone on this or is there already could help.

alot of places look for a letter from an employer, but this is something i don't have yet. how do u get around this? also, whats the deal with post-dated cheques, can they be got from aib? i had never heard about them before. we are looking on myhood.ca as well as craigslist. there seems to be lots out there but none of them are available immediately.

also, with regards jobs. i am trying to get in touch with an agency. does anyone know of decent job agencies that can set me up with some temp work while i get myself sorted (links appreciated)?

mcuho cheers in advance,
    mick
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭smellybiker

hi guys,

leaving for toronto this wk. trying to get a head start with organising a place to stay. i wondered if there is anyone who has gone on this or is there already could help.

alot of places look for a letter from an employer, but this is something i don't have yet. how do u get around this? also, whats the deal with post-dated cheques, can they be got from aib? i had never heard about them before. we are looking on myhood.ca as well as craigslist. there seems to be lots out there but none of them are available immediately.

also, with regards jobs. i am trying to get in touch with an agency. does anyone know of decent job agencies that can set me up with some temp work while i get myself sorted (links appreciated)?

mcuho cheers in advance,
    mick

You should become members of couchsurfers.com - you can arrange to stay at another members' house for a couple of days until you get on your feet and they show you around - they also help in finding a place to live and will help with finding work - it's a good community to be a part of as you get to meet the people who actually live and work there! I'm heading in December and I've lined up multiple couchsurfers to stay with - i also email them regularly re job agencies, hostels etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭floyd.pepper

You should become members of couchsurfers.com - you can arrange to stay at another members' house for a couple of days until you get on your feet and they show you around - they also help in finding a place to live and will help with finding work - it's a good community to be a part of as you get to meet the people who actually live and work there! I'm heading in December and I've lined up multiple couchsurfers to stay with - i also email them regularly re job agencies, hostels etc!

Hi smellybiker,

Thanks for the tip, although I think the site you wanted to link to was http://www.couchsurfing.com. I'll check it out now.

Advertisement