Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RSA dont answer the phone

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I booked my driving test about a month ago, for exactly 1 months time. last week i recieved a letter saying it was cancelled. no more details except it was cancelled.

every time i ring them the phone just rings out or is disconnected. the numbers i use are:

1890506080 and 1890406040. Those numbers were retrieved from the RSA website. Anyone know a number they might actually answer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

fguihen wrote: »
    I booked my driving test about a month ago, for exactly 1 months time. last week i recieved a letter saying it was cancelled. no more details except it was cancelled.

every time i ring them the phone just rings out or is disconnected. the numbers i use are:

1890506080 and 1890406040. Those numbers were retrieved from the RSA website. Anyone know a number they might actually answer?

My brother spent 5 hours trying to phone them to cancel, they are a joke. Did you try email at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Last time I dealt with them you can talk to a machine and use your touch tone phone to enter your reference.
    You can then select an option to cancel, worked great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

sorry, i wasnt clear, i dont want to cancell. they cancelled without reason. just said" your test is cancelled, call us for further information".

It is extremely frustrating but ypu just have to keep on trying.
    I found it easier toget through to them earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I spent the whole fricking day ringing yesterdy, eventually got through at 5 to 5, it said press 1 for leinster and I did that and all it did was give a really annoying beep and brought me back to the main menu! I dont want to cancel I want to ask about doing my test with a replacement licence! Its frustrating!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I want to ask about doing my test with a replacement licence!
    That shouldn't be a problem (assuming that it is in date).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I feel your pain. My test was supposed to be in April but I had to cancel it because I had college finals etc. I left a message on their cancellation line asked them to ring to confirm that they got the message. I got no answer. I tried ringing back on many occasions, on one I was on hold for an hour and a half and then I was just cut off.

So after trying lots I gave up, test date came and went. After my exams I tried to ring them to no avail, the line was either engaged or i would get through and it would just cut off.

One day I did get through only to talk to someone guy who told me i just hadnt turned up for my test, was talking to him for about 2 minutes and was cut off. *surprise*

Anyway I had emails as proof I had cancelled it. I rang them 3 weeks ago and after 2 days of trying I got to speak to one person who said I would get a test date within a week for the end of July. No letter arrived. I have tried ringing them since and I cant get through.

They are an <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

lolli wrote: »
    I feel your pain. My test was supposed to be in April but I had to cancel it because I had college finals etc. I left a message on their cancellation line asked them to ring to confirm that they got the message. I got no answer. I tried ringing back on many occasions, on one I was on hold for an hour and a half and then I was just cut off.

So after trying lots I gave up, test date came and went. After my exams I tried to ring them to no avail, the line was either engaged or i would get through and it would just cut off.

One day I did get through only to talk to someone guy who told me i just hadnt turned up for my test, was talking to him for about 2 minutes and was cut off. *surprise*

Anyway I had emails as proof I had cancelled it. I rang them 3 weeks ago and after 2 days of trying I got to speak to one person who said I would get a test date within a week for the end of July. No letter arrived. I have tried ringing them since and I cant get through.

They are an <SNIP>

after 14 tries this morning I got through and only because I kept redialing, when I got through I was waiting about 5 mins or more to get through! man I was annoyed!

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    after 14 tries this morning I got through and only because I kept redialing, when I got through I was waiting about 5 mins or more to get through! man I was annoyed!

I wouldnt blame you. The day i spent an hour and a half on hold only to be cut off I thought I was going to go mental haha, hate that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

They haven't replied to any of my 17 emails either.

(I've been sure to use some different email addresses... even one from my own domain.. just incase it was getting caught in the spam filter)

Its totally unacceptable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 butterflyer

i emailed them when i had to cancel my test after spending two days straight trying to get through to them on the phone.. they didnt acknowkedge my email anyways so i said i'd write to them, and it was the letter that made them cancel it. i'd say to write to them, i know it sounds all old school, but from my own experience and my friends experience it seems as though the post is the most reliable method of contacting them if you cant get through on the phone! least then you'll get a letter confirming your cancellation so you'll know for definite that it is cancelled. that was just my experience, hope that helps:)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

My girlfriend tried to call them this morning and got through quick enough.

I tried calling them yesterday and had no success though. Apparently they took 12.5 thousand calls yesterday, according to the woman on the line this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I got through on the Mayo landline easily enough this morning.

Helpful lass going to bump me up the list :)

Zamboni wrote: »
    I got through on the Mayo landline easily enough this morning.

Helpful lass going to bump me up the list :)

probably told you that to get you off the phone. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got through no problem on about the 5th time I tried. No waiting, got straight through. The woman was very helpful but couldn't do anything for me (I was looking to get a test date quickly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

I rang the RSA this afternoon. I must have rung them at least 20 times before I got through, but I suppose that's lucky!

I wanted to get a cancellation, but the guy said that apparently no one is cancelling their tests at the moment (my instructor lied!) and if he puts me on the cancellation list, then they'll have to take me off the original waiting list, so I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else. :P

It'll take ages for me to do it again, but the first time I had my test within 5 weeks of applying....in Wicklow! That's normally one of the longest waiting centres. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Upthedeise07

xIsabelx wrote: »
    I rang the RSA this afternoon. I must have rung them at least 20 times before I got through, but I suppose that's lucky!

I wanted to get a cancellation, but the guy said that apparently no one is cancelling their tests at the moment (my instructor lied!) and if he puts me on the cancellation list, then they'll have to take me off the original waiting list, so I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else. :P

It'll take ages for me to do it again, but the first time I had my test within 5 weeks of applying....in Wicklow! That's normally one of the longest waiting centres. :pac:

You are so lucky to get through, I tried all day and it was always engaged...

So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Yes, they do.

It took me 2 hours but i got through. the lady was lovely and very understanding but she couldnt help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Upthedeise07

irishbird wrote: »
    Yes, they do.

It took me 2 hours but i got through. the lady was lovely and very understanding but she couldnt help me

ru ringing 1890 406040...?

what time did you get through at? :)

Advertisement