Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 drop monthly Broadband prices & modem for only €19!!

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

O2 have just dropped their pricing for mobile broadband

The E220 modem is now only €19!
    The new E270 modem is €89 or €49 if bought online

The new rate seems to be €19.99 per month :eek:
    Same 10GB cap seems to apply, subject to Fair Usage policy.
    Pages seem to be updating as I am typing this, so need to keep refreshing to be 100% sure ;)

Link here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

nope page still says 30:( i was going to get o2 anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

It was definitely at €19.99 earlier but seems to be back at €30 now. Don't know what the story is. Maybe keep an eye on it before doing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

the op is correct, but its an 18 mth contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

the op is correct, but its an 18 mth contract.

Just copied this 2 minutes ago:

€19.99 a month inc VAT
    with a 12 month contract

And with this, they seem to be introducing their 7,2mb service as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

They're making this very clear too in the T&Cs:

"10. Roaming

When you are roaming standard data roaming charges will apply, including for the avoidance of doubt when you are using the Service in Northern Ireland and the United Kingdom. For up to date information on data charges that apply when roaming please refer to www.o2.ie/travel."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I like the new prices. Shame they couldn't bring it out sooner. Let's hope the network stays strong and speeds etc don't drop as a result though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 grandlike

random wrote: »
    I like the new prices. Shame they couldn't bring it out sooner. Let's hope the network stays strong and speeds etc don't drop as a result though !

Doubtful, the network is still undergoing improvements, and with the advent of vodafones fixed line broadband and voice, im sure o2 will be quick to follow suit, meaning that broadband will be just as important as mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Is it not a standard 'side effect' of mobile broadband that the more users the slower it gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

whisht wrote: »

The E220 modem is now only €19!
    The new E270 modem is €89

Link here

Are you not better off buying the latest modem?, the e220 bottoms out when it hits 3.6mb and the e270 will run up to 7.2mps....I think that's the difference, someone correct me if i'm wrong.....

• Advertisement

Are you not better off buying the latest modem?, the e220 bottoms out when it hits 3.6mb and the e270 will run up to 7.2mps....I think that's the difference, someone correct me if i'm wrong.....

it states on the o2 website that both can do the 7.2mps but as far as I'm aware (from vodafone and 3)the e220 was only able to reach max of 3.6! Again if anyone could clear this up- oh and im not getting confused by the networks offering upto the 3.6 speed, I'm talking about the technical side of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

As far as i know, and i could be wrong here but you are unlikely to hit much above 3. if even that regardless of the modem you use.

4Xcut wrote: »
    As far as i know, and i could be wrong here but you are unlikely to hit much above 3. if even that regardless of the modem you use.

You've got to use your imagination here, let's just pretend that the speed could go to 14mps which modem would you choose??, forget about current speeds and networks.....

Just for the record my modem hit 7mps in one area.....it's the e270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

IIRC the difference between the modems is just upload speed.
    The new one is 2mb AFAIK.
    They're both 7.2 down IIRC.
    Maybe somebody can confirm this though.

E220 with newest firmware will support 7.2M downloads but max upload is 384k
    E270 supports 7.2M down and 2M up

@drunkmonkey
    Where did you hit 7M? O2 still have not switched on 7.2 but are in the process of upgrading all areas before launching
    Seems its available in some areas

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=2818&postcount=37

@drunkmonkey
    Where did you hit 7M? O2 still have not switched on 7.2 but are in the process of upgrading all areas before launching

does anyone know or have a rough idea of what month o2's broadband speeds should be increased?

@drunkmonkey

In templemore in tipperary.....me thinks 02 are keeping all the garda college students happy....

In templemore in tipperary.....me thinks 02 are keeping all the garda college students happy....

Cool, so its not just Dublin areas that are getting good speeds
    Not sure how soon it will be available all over but I am guessing as they are already doing it around the country, it should be in the next month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

just switched my account to the 19.99.. was still on my 30 day happiness guarantee... so they let me change it from the 30 euro per month plan... however anyone else over the 30 day happiness period.. has gotta stick with the 30 euro plan for 6 months before changing..... also... Irish customer service.. no dealing with mumbai

thanks to OP for that.. save me 120 euro for the year...

Excellent. 120 in ur pocket is better than in O2's! :)

• Advertisement

I have to say (and i hate not been an o2 customer in about 8yrs) but they are really coming out with great tariffs and offers at the moment. Well done o2.

Walkman wrote: »
    Well done o2.

Don't get too carried away, I can't video call little miss monkey on 02, they won't be getting my phone just yet!!:p

Video calls? I didnt think anyone actually used that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Icdb wrote: »
    just switched my account to the 19.99.. was still on my 30 day happiness guarantee... so they let me change it from the 30 euro per month plan... however anyone else over the 30 day happiness period.. has gotta stick with the 30 euro plan for 6 months before changing..... also... Irish customer service.. no dealing with mumbai

Did they give you anything back for the modem?

My happiness guarantee is up on the 30th July. I'm gonna bring it back and say I don't want it. I'll get my missis to sign up then and get the cheaper one. I'll just pay the bill.

go on drunkmonkey, are you nearer Roscrea or Thurles?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Icdb wrote: »

so those of us who have gone past the 30 day happiness guarantee are not eligible for the new charges? this is quite unfair.:mad: where can I find this info?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    so those of us who have gone past the 30 day happiness guarantee are not eligible for the new charges? this is quite unfair.:mad: where can I find this info?

Ask nicley...worked for me yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Oh, I'm so asking on Sunday:P

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Oh, I'm so asking on Sunday:P

ask early sunday morning those lovley limerick ladies won't be in the mood for an argument..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

ok I'll try that but I'm working overseas at the moment and won't be home till the end of August. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement