Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rev. VRT Calculator

Options
  • 01-07-2008 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Have gone through a string of cars & Rev. Co2 levels all higher than dealer advertised. After having such a long lead in time would one not presume there has been ample time to have the correct info posted? EG: BMW 520d showing up at 158 Co2 instead of 136 Co2. Will be a lot of people contradicting the figures they are showing & filling the box! "If you have documentary evidence that the CO2 emissions differ from the above, you may enter the CO2 emissions in the box provided" or maybe I'm missing something..:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Is there no end to how these muppets can feck things up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The old fella bought a 2004 Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 GHIA X, due for VRT today. However I noticed that:

A March 2004 registered car costs €3111 in VRT

but

A December 2004 registered car costs €3009!

How can that be right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The old fella bought a 2004 Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 GHIA X, due for VRT today. However I noticed that:

A March 2004 registered car costs €3111 in VRT

but

A December 2004 registered car costs €3009!

How can that be right?

take everything you know about cars and throw it away before approaching the site
    dec 2004 must be a bad month for cars
    you know they charge vrt on the vrt so if a car is 10000+3000=€13000 they then charge the vrt on that price

words cant describe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Yeah........I VRT'd a car last week before the changeover as she is a high Co2 motor......anyways, the system was quoting me €500 more for a 1991 car and the one i was VRting was a 1993..so, in the eyes of revenue - older modern cars have a higher "open market selling price" - its a mess and will continue to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Thankfully the old fella's car is December!

Oh yea, that kills me the VRT on top of VRT-inclusive value of car (OMSP). I suppose one error on top of another that balances out is OK in a wierd way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

alpina wrote: »
    EG: BMW 520d showing up at 158 Co2 instead of 136 Co2.

From memory: these figures are both correct for a current shape BMW 520d manual. The lower CO2 amount is for the newer Efficient Dynamics models, the higher one for its predecessor...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Yes I realise that but it's just typical that they would have the higher figure be the one to auto. register. Majority of 5's being brought in will be 'ed'
    Actually wonder how many will get caught by this who are not up to speed, & there a quite a few out there still none the wiser. Overheard a conversation last week about how this guy was buying a '96 Mondeo diesel next month because he would be getting "dirt cheap tax":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

The 147 GTA is showing up as 160g/km instead of 287 :D

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €32288
    RATE OF TAX: 24%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €7749

Advertisement