Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail - 5.30 "train" to Carlow - Yea right

• 01-07-2008 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

CIE have still got the 5.30 train to Carlow on their time table as a new service. It’s ridiculous. It hasn’t been running since the service started. As per their time table it gets in at 6.35. Actually it gets in closer to 7.30, about the time the 6.30 train gets in. Here’s the story with it…

You have to a different 5.45 train. I’m not sure where this train is going but you have to change in Newbridge. In Newbridge you get a connecting bus back to Carlow, trough Castle Dermot, that gets to the station anywhere between 7.15 and 7.30. Why go to all that hassle? It would be handier to wait in Hueston and read a paper, and for CIE to advertise the service is not running.

Anytime I ask about it I never get a straight answer, apparently it’s because they don’t have a driver for it. And that just when I’m in Hueston at the information desk, they just plain don’t answer the phone. Man I hate the public transport infrastructure in this country, it sucks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

There are insufficient drivers to operate the full timetable without drivers working overtime.

Currently the drivers are not working overtime, hence this train is cancelled. It did actually operate for some weeks, before drivers introduced their work to rule.

The train is advertised as not running on the Irish Rail website, and probably won't be running until the drivers' issues are resolved.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=331

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

5.45 Heuston to Westport, change in Newbridge for bus to Carlow through Athy I think.

check www.aaroadwatch.ie or www.irishrail.ie the info is there rather than you going to the info desk all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Thanks Adrieanne, ill just stick to the 6.30 for a couple of months. Hopefully it'll resolve sometime soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

saw new rolling stock on the athy to carlow stretch just outside the athy station, maybe with the intrduction of the new intercity trains, it might have an effect on the timetable.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

rameire wrote: »
    saw new rolling stock on the athy to carlow stretch just outside the athy station, maybe with the intrduction of the new intercity trains, it might have an effect on the timetable.

where they working or just being tested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

The new Intercity trains are scheduled to work the 2005 Heuston - Carlow and 2125 Carlow - Heuston service Monday - Friday.

Also due to a security alert near Portarlington last Monday the 0630 Carlow - Heuston was worked by one of the new trains on Tuesday morning, because rolling stock was displaced from the previous afternoons disruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

The new stock has to be tested on the waterford line before it enters service. Whenever the 17.35 comes back - I heard September recently - it will be operated by a new 3 car set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

enterprise wrote: »
    The new Intercity trains are scheduled to work the 2005 Heuston - Carlow and 2125 Carlow - Heuston service Monday - Friday.

cool must get that train home sumday to try it..

Advertisement