Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 broadband price cut?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

have o2 dropped their broadband price?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yep, same price as 3 now but it may be for O2 contract customers only at that price.

Well spotted, could not be arsed to find the T&Cs though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i bought one of there packages the other day

the dongle cost me 79 euros , first 3 months @ 15 euros and the remaining 9 months at 30 euros

they didnt ask me was i an exisiting O2 customer ( phone etc )

Dont matter neways cant get a bloody signal even in tallaght, gona try Vodafone in the evening if its still open after work.

p.s my modem was the latest one the black one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I wonder was that a typo. Just checked and price says 30 euro now, and 15 for first 3 months.
    o2pricend3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I just rang o2 to see, I'm a very loyal vodafone customer but feel that I would go over their 5GB allowence, so I rang 02 and what i was told was that the modems are gone down in price, for 19.99 its for any existing o2 customer- this is rediculous- you get BB for 19.99 for the summer months and then it goes back up to 30. Its stupid if this is the case cos sher ur better off getting the one for €15 for the first three months! or was the lad on the other end misinforming me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the terms and conditions say it is €19.99 for July & August but could see no reference to this price only being for existing customers?

O2 Broadband Promotion

These promotional terms and conditions are relating to the Broadband Out and About Promotion ("Promotional Terms") set out the basis on which Telefónica O2 Ireland Limited of 28 -29 Sir John Rogerson Quay ("O2, we, us, our") will provide goods and services to the customer with whom we make this agreement or a person who we reasonably believe is acting with the customer's authority ("You, your").

The Promotional Terms are in addition to the Terms for the Services, and terms which are not defined in the Promotional Terms will have the meaning set out in the Terms. If there is any inconsistency between the Promotional Terms and the Terms, the Promotional Terms will prevail.

1.1 New and eligible customers who sign up and accept the Services from 1st July 2008 to 31st August 2008 ("Promotional Period") will be charged the following prices for their O2 Broadband package:

New and Existing O2 Personal customers
    Price plan Name Normal Monthly Charge Monthly Usage Limit
    O2 Broadband
    on the Move €19.99 a month inc VAT
    with a 12 month contract 10 GB
    fair usage policy applies

All prices are inclusive of VAT

1.2 Existing customers who have signed up to the Services prior to July 1st may migrate from their previous price plan to the promotional price by contacting customer care after a six month period.

1.3 By availing of the Promotion you agree to receive your bill online. If you subsequently choose to receive a paper bill, you will be charged €1.50 per bill.

1.4 O2 broadband is subject to network coverage and availability. Speeds and quality experienced may be impacted by a range of factors such as signal strength, distance from site and number of simultaneous users.

1.5 The 10GB usage limit is subject to a fair usage policy, see www.o2.ie for further details.

1.6 The usage limit applies to data usage on the O2 Ireland network only and data usage while roaming is excluded. When roaming standard data roaming charges will apply, including when you are using your service in Northern Ireland and the United Kingdom.

1.7 These charges are in addition to any other charges payable by the customer to O2 for the Services, or any other service which O2 provide to the customer.

1.8 We reserve the right to change the Promotional Terms, including the end date of the Promotional Period, at any time, by notifying you on our website we have posted the changes on our website.

July 2008

• Advertisement
Advertisement