Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new medicine entry route quidelines

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I know I am too old for this forum :o but I have been following this thread and I can see that there are very knowledgable people here that might be able to answer my query. My daughter got 505 and really wanted medicine. As poppy08 says, can she apply for the HPAT in Feb and re-apply through CAO in 09 with this year's results? What if she accepts the course she has been offered this year? can she still re-apply to medicine next year?

She can apply next near with this year's LC and the HPAT but with 505 I think it's quite unlikely that she'd get it.

I'm not sure what would happen if she accepts the course she was offered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Adventure

Hello all,

I want Medicine more than anything:). I ended up with 555 , 20 short for UCD:(.

I just want to know if my 555 ( adjusted to 551 with HPAT) will have a fighting chance for med next year or should i repeat for 600 clams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Adventure wrote: »
    Hello all,

I just want to know if my 555 ( adjusted to 551 with HPAT) will have a fighting chance for med next year or should i repeat for 600 clams?
    Honest answer is, no-one knows until more information is released about HPAT. It all depends on how much the HPAT levels the playing field. Other tests like the UK's BMAT are pitched so as to produce a bell curve of results, meaning that relatively few people score very high or very low; if HPAT does something similar then getting a decent score in HPAT would more than outweigh the extra four or five points you stand to gain from repeating the whole Leaving Cert again. But if most candidates end up getting top marks in the HPAT then it'll be the same old points race.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Adventure wrote: »
    Hello all,

What about applying to UCAS with a score like that one of the uni's should bite. 551 should have more than a fighting chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 3kolkata

hey all! was just wondering about the access route to medicine? you know to get in with less points and all that? has anyone taken this route? i've searched the internet for it but so far can't get any info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

http://www.hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/

that website has all you need to know :) if you're in sixth year you will need to apply for the HPAT asap as places will be gone :)
    best of luck

Advertisement