Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineering - DIT or Trinity?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I've heard DIT is a pretty good engineering college - but I don't know a thing about Trinity - what's it like?

C.E. is 450 in Trinity, 410 in DIT. Yet my guidance councillor never even considered me putting down Trinity - did he just forget?

And what are the sports facilities like in both?

Comments

I've heard DIT is a pretty good engineering college - but I don't know a thing about Trinity - what's it like?

C.E. is 450 in Trinity, 410 in DIT. Yet my guidance councillor never even considered me putting down Trinity - did he just forget?

And what are the sports facilities like in both?

Well it's always going to be difficult to compare colleges since you only usually do one undergrad in one college. I've no idea why he wouldn't mention Trinity since it's a good course. I finished there in 2007.

Sports facilities are again, pretty good in Trinity. They've a new gym and swimming pool. I've no idea about the sports facilities in DIT but I'm sure someone will chime in with information.

But really you should go around both departments to get a feel for the place and talk to some of the lecturers and research the content if you're really up for it since you're making a commitment to spend a good bit of the next 4 years in that college. What type of engineering are you looking to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Myth wrote: »
    Well it's always going to be difficult to compare colleges since you only usually do one undergrad in one college. I've no idea why he wouldn't mention Trinity since it's a good course. I finished there in 2007.

Sports facilities are again, pretty good in Trinity. They've a new gym and swimming pool. I've no idea about the sports facilities in DIT but I'm sure someone will chime in with information.

But really you should go around both departments to get a feel for the place and talk to some of the lecturers and research the content if you're really up for it since you're making a commitment to spend a good bit of the next 4 years in that college. What type of engineering are you looking to do?

Civil

Advertisement