Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:P and :p Smilies

Options
  • 01-07-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, I have a small request. Is there any chance you can set it so that :P does the same thing as
    :p

???? It would be cool if we could. Don't know if it can be done or not, but I think it can, I know you can do it with phpbb. I am not sure about Vb though
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I think :P should bring this up instead

400_F_6276409_jHW0joj85499tRgXxptDLjmhCaa8OTgy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

GAhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p Will do fine, thank you :D .

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I so rarely get to actually fix something these days, even though this isnt tenically fixing, that I did this.

Sometimes in the battle of the Feedback forum, one has to savour the small victories :P

DeV.
    edit: Oh, and now the OP comes accross as bonkers.... an unexpected bonus :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

DeVore wrote: »
    I so rarely get to actually fix something these days, even though this isnt tenically fixing, that I did this.

kittehseezwat128594021419396247.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

dude-wait-what.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

There's now two :P smileys in the smiley panel.

The simple 4x3 ordered smiley list is now skewed and is now rendered unusable.

I mean, I try to click on it, but am confused as to which smiley to click, let alone two of them now, TWO are sticking their tongues out at me.

This is very grave.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some fixing! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Some fixing! ;)
    Dirty Hack. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

:p One question, why? I sometiems use the quick reply and when I type : p it shows :p! Is the OP trying to up thier post count? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He was asking for : P (the p is capitalised) to produce the :P as well. So that both : p and : P will make :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I preferred when the capital p didn't make it. Time to make a thread to fix it. :anger:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I preferred when the capital p didn't make it. Time to make a thread to fix it. :anger:

[noparse]:P[/noparse]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

*struggles to see why it's such a big deal*

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

*struggles to explain that its not, just something someone wanted and was facilitated*

:P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

*cry*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*passes tissue*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

When something is working already, lets fix it till it's not :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

/techie sidestory

Reminds me of the time I was on a customers site installing a PCI serial port. I noticed that the heatsink and fan was full of dust so I dutifully proceeded to remove it and clean the CPU out. While putting the CPU back in tho' without knowing it I bent two of the pins, and by the time I locked down the heatsink all hope was lost and the PC bunched.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

delly wrote:
    Reminds me of the time I was on a customers site installing a PCI serial port...
    Great story!

nerd.jpg

:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Dades wrote: »
    Great story!

nerd.jpg

:D

:(

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    :(
    Aww, now you've made me sad. :(

If it's any consolation - The Nerds Shall Inherit the Earth!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I thought it was the Greeks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No, blessed are the cheesemakers...

Kharn wrote: »
    I thought it was the Greeks?
    You mean GEEKS.

Semantics, really. And cheesemakers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Feckin geeks.
    They invented gayness.

Can we please finally get totally rid of that feckin rolleyes and all?
    I dont like being condescended to by a tosser who can click a smiley rather than using his words.

Can we please finally get totally rid of that feckin rolleyes and all?
    I dont like being condescended to by a tosser who can click a smiley rather than using his words.

No :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A blind deaf sheep living on mars saw that one coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Good work DeV.
    Although it seems you've created a monster ! :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56434476&posted=1#post56434476

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Good work DeV.
    Although it seems you've created a monster ! :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56434476&posted=1#post56434476
    /kick
    /kick
    /kick
    /kick
    /kick

Damned Rick Roll...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sometimes in the battle of the Feedback forum, one has to savour the small victories :P

DeV.
    edit: Oh, and now the OP comes accross as bonkers.... an unexpected bonus :P

Lol cheers man !!! Very much appreciated !!!! Glad to be able to give you a positive :) .

Let me test this baby out :P :P :P :P :P :P

For those wondering what difference it makes, phpbb ( or at least Ravennuke ) has it so that

is what you type for the :P smilie. And phpbb is one of the most popular forum boards ( cause its free ) so I figured it would help alot of people out :) .

By the way, you gotta keep the :rolleyes:, I love that little guy :P .

Advertisement