Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Plugs

Options
  • 01-07-2008 12:10pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

My bf, sounds like a tractor when he is sleeping and i hate the bed in the spare room.

I have been using those spongy ear plugs which are great but they fall out when i move during the night which means and i am awake loads putting them back in.

I have bought really expensive ones that looked like a bomb, but they dont fit in my ears (i only have little ears) :(

anyway, my question is anyone recommend some better earplugs for little ears, that dont keep falling out

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

irishbird wrote: »
    My bf, sounds like a tractor when he is sleeping and i hate the bed in the spare room.

I have been using those spongy ear plugs which are great but they fall out when i move during the night which means and i am awake loads putting them back in.

I have bought really expensive ones that looked like a bomb, but they dont fit in my ears (i only have little ears) :(

anyway, my question is anyone recommend some better earplugs for little ears, that dont keep falling out

thanks

IB - sorry to burst bubble
    there is no cure
    my BF is famous for his snoring (people wont even sleep in same room as him)
    including me. I sleep in seperate room/bed - its the only cure
    I still use ear plugs and the best ones are yellow spongy ones
    The rest are pants - I cannot sleep now without them in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I use these and they work great:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOAM-EAR-PLUGS-10-pairs-defenders-protectors-earplugs_W0QQitemZ190238583035QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190238583035&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

As for the snoring, I believe there is some kind of plaster thet the snorer can put over their nose and it may stop the snoring. Is your boyf overweight? That can cause snoring.

btw since it's your boyfriend causing the problem, why don't you make him sleep in the spare room?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

These ones are reuseable, 3M make them.... good comfortable fit..

Reusable%2520Ear%2520Plug%25201260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

I wouldn't recommend using wax ear plugs. I've tried them before and they are just a hassle. You have to warm them up in your hands for a few minutes and keep moulding them with your fingers until you get a perfect fit. I find them messy, awkard and sometimes painful (if they fall out and get caught in your hair during the night).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I've small ears too and use silicone ear plugs or memory foam ones, they keep the shape, fit my ears snugly (even wore them with tragus piercings), v.comfy. If you had the cash, maybe invest in custom made ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I use 'Quies' (pron. Keys) for the reason you mentioned OP.

They are little wax balls that you roll between your fingers (steady!), then go soft and can be pushed into your ear moulding themselves the exact shape of your earhole.

Nothing beats them, full stop. If you get them, remember to take the cotton-wool off first.

About 50% of Chemists in Ireland stock them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I use quies ear plugs as well there the best ones and they stay in all night.

The strips over the nose don't work and nor do the rings called silent knight or sprays or strips that dissolve on tongue tried them all. Go with quies ear plugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

smares wrote: »
    The strips over the nose don't work and nor do the rings called silent knight or sprays or strips that dissolve on tongue tried them all. Go with quies ear plugs!
    There's a device I saw the NHS trialling in the UK which is basically an oxygen pump and a small mask that goes over the mouth and nose of the snorer. Could be an option for you, I heard it had great success.

Advertisement