Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANOTHER which sat nav thread

• 01-07-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Myself and my brothers and sister are looking to get our Dad a sat nav for his birthday.
    The only real requirements is that it has bluetooth. Quick research suggests that Garmin is the way to go for Ireland.

Would anybody mind suggesting a few to look at?

there's 4 of us splitting the cost so its ok if its a bit expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

any comments on this?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=341744

good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I am a noobie too.
    having read a bit of this board, I think a Nuvi250W is the best entry level job.

unless anybody can tell me different.

A sincere thank you to all and everyone for all the help, advice and opinions on what sat nav I should get.

I went with the Garmin nuvi 760 after your excellent reviews and recommendation.

I can only hope that everyone that comes into this forum looking for a bit of advice is met with the same warm welcome and friendly atmosphere that I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Hi Shay,
    How did the 760 work out for you? Considering this model myself. Thanks.

shayser wrote: »
    Hi Shay,
    How did the 760 work out for you? Considering this model myself. Thanks.

I'm sorry shayser, I hadn't been back on this forum since. I bought it as a b/day present for my Dad and he seems happy with it. I haven't actually used it myself so I can't really answer your question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

OK, thanks anyway.

I went ahead and got the 760 myself. It's good enough, but flawed.

Advertisement