Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Festival 2008...

Options
  • 01-07-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

The Website looks pretty good... http://www.kilkennyarts.ie.

Anyone more educated on any of the better acts/performances/exhibitions to look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

website does look shinny and some of the events sound interesting thou last time I was in the arts office they said cus the parade was all ripped up at the moment there wouldn't be anyone selling artwork on it this year and they've no other location option so anyone ringing them to ask about it they are telling not to bother trying to sell on the street. i know its only a small part of the festival and not really official part of it but I always like the paintings been up on the parade esp when the weather is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭StudentEmeritus

That's a huge shame...tbh the whole Parade fiasco is beyond a joke at this stage. Guarantee it'll be sorted JUST before the Locals next year and not before. Disgraceful.

I love the little market/sale of work in the Mother of Fair Love school every year. It's the little side bits/shows that spring out of the Festival that make it interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

Some nice photos on the website, pity the ticketing system is not up yet. I wonder how it will do this year, hoepfully it will be a nice festival and the weather will hold up, it's 35 years on the go at this stage and like they say ;art is making something out of nothing and selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

The 3epkano film events are always brill!
    http://www.kilkennyarts.ie/events08/index.php?view=fullevent&value=57

Always sell out fast though. Must get my ticket early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the image for this years Arts Festival a bit...well...phallic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I love the little market/sale of work in the Mother of Fair Love school every year. It's the little side bits/shows that spring out of the Festival that make it interesting.

I've never heard of that - is it on during the arts festival? anyone know where you can find more info about selling at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭StudentEmeritus

I see it was launched Tuesday... http://www.arts-sport-tourism.gov.ie/publications/release.asp?ID=100102

No idea how you would get in contact... I don't know if it's a festival initiative or a serperate get together...

Ask the festival folk themselves maybe? If it's not their operation, they would be in similar circles!

Advertisement