Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games made you....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

malice_ wrote: »
    Did you actually buy it even after all the controversy online over it's reviews?
    Sadly, I didn't read any any of the controversy over it. I hear middling reviews and was heading over to a mates house and decided to pick it up for the 2 player co-op. We tried to enjoy it, but the game was having none of it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Perfect Dark Zero

I falled for the early overhyping reviews about this stunning next gen game that pushes the boundaries and picked it up on launch day with my brand new 360. The game turned out to be absolutely awful unplayable tripe. Swapped it for Call of Duty 2, which kind of defeated the purpose of my shiny new console since I could have gotten it on PC, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

humanji wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid 4 still makes me angry, just from typing it. Kane & Lynch was another game where I just couldn't believe how bad it was.

come on, mgs4 wasnt as good as its predecessors, but it deffo doesnt have a place *here*.

in all fairness though, even as a veteran to the series, i got bored oh so easily with the endless cutscenes. its still a good game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Eh... Crash Bandicoot 4. I loved the first three. It was the one where they changed developers and I thought it was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

SolarNexus wrote: »
    come on, mgs4 wasnt as good as its predecessors, but it deffo doesnt have a place *here*.

in all fairness though, even as a veteran to the series, i got bored oh so easily with the endless cutscenes. its still a good game though.
    Well, it was a **** game that I brought back to the shop, so it definitely belongs here :D

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Well, it was a **** game that I brought back to the shop, so it definitely belongs here :D

haha fair enough!

i still remember seeing it on the used rack at xtravision and my face was almost >> :eek:

ah well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

L31mr0d wrote: »
    The only game I was truly disappointed with was Doom3. Switching between my gun to my torch then having to shoot blindly into the dark and also having to read through peoples random emails on their PDAs just to get the code to their locker completely ruined the pace for me.

Has to be Doom 3 for me as well. You forgot to mention the annoying spawns from directly behind, causing you to lose most of your health in a split second.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Only game I ever returned was fatal fury on the megadrive.I played it a few times , absolutely hated it and returned it the following day.If I remember rightly due to the price difference I got Micro Machines II and Fatal labyrinth(which was actually the meg port of rogue, I found out years later).
    I've tended to try before I by since...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i got final fantasy before... Lets just say i wouldn't want to work in gamestop when i was returning it...

Among the Worst Games Ever... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

S.I.R wrote: »
    i got final fantasy before...
    Which one? There are quite a few in the series :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

In Cold Blood.

Am a big fan of the Broken Sword games. When i saw Revolution where doing an adventure/stealth game i went out and bought it straight away. But the beginning section played and looked atrocious. Brought it back the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

recently bought bioshock from GAME 20euro...can i ask for refund?i remember pc games cant be refunded?sigh,i thought it is good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

DarkJager wrote: »
    Fight Club (the thoughts of that game still send shivers down my spine, gaming at its absolute worst)

I thought that was actually pretty decent, played it for about 5 hours straight with a friend one night, great fun smashing each others spines/arms/legs in slo-mo! I'm not normally a fighting game fan, but that one I actually did like, probably the first one since the days of Mortal Kombat.

The worst ones for me were, without a doubt, the following:

WW2: Iwo Jima
    WW2: Normandy

Released around the same time as Medal of Honor, the games used the ancient lithtech engine, and were visually comparable to the original Quake. The opening scene of Iwo Jima has a dramatic narrative, solemnly informing of the horrific casulties faced by the marines upon landing......and you are in the first wave. Cue in-game cut scene - two Japanese soldiers standing as rigid as wood, firing at about 5 or 6 American soldiers with pistols a few yards away casually strolling up the beach. That's pretty much the extent of the 'first wave' landing on Iwo Jima, according to this game.

Brought 'em both back, said they just wouldn't run on my PC, guy said it must be a faulty batch as everyone was bringing them back....

Here is an actual screenshot:
    http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/screens/s19488_1.htm

It nearly brings me to tears reminiscing about how I felt knowing I'd actually paid 30 euro for these games and not knowing if I'd even get my money back.

(I'm not talking about WW2 Combat:Iwo Jima, which in itself is a dreadful game but light years ahead of WW2: Iwo Jima. Incidentally it got 2/10 from Gamespot so you can imagine what the game I'm talking about is like)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Skate.

The most horribly fiddly control scheme in any game I've ever played, can't see how anybody could see this as revolutionary!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

True Crime

Boy was I disappointed...

Benzino wrote: »
    True Crime

Boy was I disappointed...

oooohhhhh yes. definitely. I ran back to the store to give it back it was so bad.

Oh and manhunt.. bad, bad game. BAD

I was flipping through my cds yesterday looking for a game to play, as ye do, and look what i found:

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/333/Prisoner-of-War/

what a load of crap that game was. I tried countless times to give it a decent chance, but its just sooooo boooring. so much so I never got past the first level.

lol... maybe we should combine this thread into a 'crap game giveaway' - anyone want prisoner of war? ya can have it on condition you destroy it in the most violent fashion possible... god i hated that game.

Quote from entertainment weekly:
    Console gamers may find its weak graphics and extreme slowness torturous. [20 Sept 2002]
    what a spot-on review that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

R6V2 (Utter poo, such a cheap cash in) In fact any Tom Clancy game, pure rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

D&D Online was f*cking dire, I cancelled the account within 30 minutes of installing it, cleansed my DVD drive with a cotton swab soaked in methylated spirits, and now use the game box as a paperweight, and it even sucks at THAT.

Advertisement