Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tiling on ply

Options
  • 01-07-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

hi guys,
    tiling a new house and the bathrooms upstairs are covered in marine ply screwed as recomended to minimise movement- some people tell me i need to seal prior to tiling others say i only need waterproof adhesive and grout and can tile directly into ply- reluctant to start until i am 100% sure- have read varius forums and am more confused- any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

Should have used W.B.P. (water + boil proof) Plywood. As for the adhesive, if you ask your tile supplier, they will recommend an adhesive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Marine Ply is fine for the job, once you have it well screwed down as you say to stop movement.

All you need now is flexible waterproof adhesive and grout and you can tile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hashey

tx for that- just wanted to be 100% sure :rolleyes:

Advertisement