Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are my friends? Unknown apparrently

Options
  • 01-07-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Right so does anyone know why, when i look in my friends list their location is often unknown followed by an error? I've seen it on a few occasions and i'm not the only one who has had this problem. But Once i'm on the same instance as someone it's ok. Is this a result of the AoC team not having the communication aspect of the game done yet, because it should be straight forward enough to see what instance someone is on.
    And while i'm on the topic what is everyones view on the ease of use of communicating in AoC, without using a subsidery program i.e. vent, steam etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

Sry Ian its because the one friend you've added... me... has been offline ... joke :P

not seen that error but I love using vent for AoC especially useful for pvp when in a tight situation and not having time for stoping and typing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I had some trouble with that sort of thing before. It was kind of randomly working. My friends and I could never seem to find each others, and there were times we were even on the same instance and we weren't visible to each other. We were chatting through Yahoo messenger and that was the only way we could communicate. I don't think there's an actual fix for it, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

humanji wrote: »
    It was kind of randomly working.
    They should have this on the tombstone for AoC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Will they even get around to getting a tombstone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

humanji wrote: »
    Will they even get around to getting a tombstone? :D
    One will be automatically generated when it dies :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement