Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Pedantry and Arguments Thread

• 01-07-2008 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭

The pool thread has yet again been overridden with other fans who quite clearly have no agenda other then to get a rise out of pool fans. I quite like having different fans of different clubs in all the different threads, but its just pointless if people aren't being objective. The way its going now people are just going into the thread with a preconceived very negative bias against Liverpool and causing stupid childish arguments left right and center. I in no way want outside posters to be stopped as there are plenty of great non pool contributors who can actually be objective.

So how about we keep that thread for actual discussion, and people who just want to vent their anti liverpool diatribes (Liverpool spend ALL the money, rotation, rotation, rotation, liverpool not big 4 material etc etc etc) go here. I'm sure plenty of pool fans will pop in and bite so you'll be happy, and at least we can have one grown up Liverpool thread then.

/Rant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Liverpool is for people who are inclined to be attracted to members of the same sex... Weirdo's... I also heard their supporters have 6 toes on each foot... Jaysus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

WE ALL LOVE LEEDS!
    WE ALL LOVE LEEDS!
    WE ALL LOVE LEEDS!
    WE ALL LOVE LEEDS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So in essence it would be a thread to discuss things that arn't great about Liverpool Football Club?

Why not call it "If you don't think everything about Liverpool is brilliant Post here Thread"

You have changed your tune.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    This makes NO sense whatsoever. It would only make sense if this was about a Sport forum being devided into its specific sports.

Some people will like one type of music, others will like another. Some will like one game, others no interest and prefer another. But this is Football. We're all here because we love Football! If you only have an interest in your team and nothing else, this isnt the place for you imo. Plenty of fan forums out there - this shouldn't be one of them.

Maybe u should also look at the reactions u get out of Pool fans when u dont follow the party line rebel? just saying. I mean right now there are people in there dismissing carrick altogether whilst defending barrys abilities to the hilt even though IMO they are both as unspectacular as each other (not saying they are poor, theyre both good, but not world class).

Sample:

"I didnt think Torres was that great at Euro 2008"

"WTF, get out of here u troll"

I agree, a lot of people go in there to stir sh1t but the hissy fits that they get back certainly contribute to that tripe dont ya think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Excellent idea!

Comments like "Comparing LFC to the big 3 in England is insulting" can go in here along with discussions on how wonderful Carrick is and what great value he was. Maybe throw in a few moans about Torres not buying everyone at Anfield a pint after his debut would be welcome to?

Meanwhile grown ups can stay in the LFC thread and sensibly discuss if Barry is right at £18m and if Keane could play with Torres.

Thumbs up from me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The pool thread has yet again been overridden with other fans who quite clearly have no agenda other then to get a rise out of pool fans.
    Can't you just put them on ignore? I have a bunch of posters on my ignore list who got there by posting rubbish on the Liverpool discussion thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

whereas the Utd thread is friendly as hell Neil! :rolleyes:

all fans dont like people talking ****e about their club, sometimes its obvious when people are doing it intentionally to be a dig at the club...eg:boggles comment about Liverpool not being on tv toward the end of the season (as they were out of the title race) when in actual fact, pretty much every game was broadcast.

Mr Alan wrote: »

all fans dont like people talking ****e about their club, sometimes its obvious when people are doing it intentionally to be a dig at the club...eg:boggles comment about Liverpool not being on tv toward the end of the season (as they were out of the title race) when in actual fact, pretty much every game was broadcast.

I agree Al. But the way rebel portrayed this thread was the poor Liverpool supporters being victims of a constant wave of trolling which is, frankly, utter bollocks. the childish tantrums u get in response to anything that isnt absolutely extreme pro liverpool on that thread is pathetic and its why I generally dont bother with that thread anymore.

Mr Alan wrote: »

More parnoia and childishness from you Master. Alan.

The level of immaturity displayed in the Liverpool forum is staggering, example above, you can not say one positive,negative,objective thing without half a dozen people shouting troll.

There are some decent posters in the Liverpool forum mind, who do enjoy debate because they know the real world not all there mates are going to be Blind Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

malice_ wrote: »
    Can't you just put them on ignore? I have a bunch of posters on my ignore list who got there by posting rubbish on the Liverpool discussion thread.

Me too, DesF, quickly followed by Boggles was the latest to hit my ignore list. But sometimes you can be tempted to click on the "this poster is on your ignore list" link and be dragged back into it.

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote: »
    Me too, DesF, quickly followed by Boggles was the latest to hit my ignore list. But sometimes you can be tempted to click on the "this poster is on your ignore list" link and be dragged back into it.

Good man Hobart, I'd say that list is growing all right, soon you'll you will be quoting yourself for "reasonable" debate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This thread is already a massive success!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I wonder what I got ignored for.

*goes to post on Horse Racing*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Boggles wrote: »
    So in essence it would be a thread to discuss things that arn't great about Liverpool Football Club?

Why not call it "If you don't think everything about Liverpool is brilliant Post here Thread"

You have changed your tune.

Boggles did you even read the OP? I repeated all the stuff you just said about me "changing my tune"...
    ~Rebel~ wrote:
    I quite like having different fans of different clubs in all the different threads...
    I in no way want outside posters to be stopped as there are plenty of great non pool contributors who can actually be objective

And no, its not about being a big liverpool love in, its just about stopping the unnecessary pointless bickering. Objective critisism is fine, but im sure you can see that a lot of the posts in there are simply ridiculous baiting. I really really want outsiders to be able to post as it adds massively to the forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The pool thread has yet again been overridden with other fans who quite clearly have no agenda other then to get a rise out of pool fans. I quite like having different fans of different clubs in all the different threads, but its just pointless if people aren't being objective. The way its going now people are just going into the thread with a preconceived very negative bias against Liverpool and causing stupid childish arguments left right and center. I in no way want outside posters to be stopped as there are plenty of great non pool contributors who can actually be objective.

So how about we keep that thread for actual discussion, and people who just want to vent their anti liverpool diatribes (Liverpool spend ALL the money, rotation, rotation, rotation, liverpool not big 4 material etc etc etc) go here. I'm sure plenty of pool fans will pop in and bite so you'll be happy, and at least we can have one grown up Liverpool thread then.

/Rant

Welcome to the Shamrock Rovers world ;)

As a Liverpool fan, I avoid the thread if possible but would agree that Liverpool fans as a whole are far too easily wound up.

Boggles wrote: »
    There are some decent posters in the Liverpool forum mind, who do enjoy debate because they know the real world not all there mates are going to be Blind Liverpool fans.

there are muppets in all of the superthreads to be fair. it just seems that there is some kind of complex in the Liverpool one where they lose the head completely and just attack u with insults and accusations of being a troll far far quicker than he other ones. Thats my perception anyway, maybe the United thread is similar but I dont see the word "troll" bandied about as much in there tbh.

Hobart wrote: »

hobart, can i correctly deduce from your sig that you are calling Ronaldo a "foot" (leg end?!)?!? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The 'Ignore List' is the most retarded and childish thing ever. This thread is just behind it.

Boggles did you even read the OP? I repeated all the stuff you just said about me "changing my tune"...

And no, its not about being a big liverpool love in, its just about stopping the pointless purposful bickering. Objective critisism is fine, but im sure you can see that a lot of the posts in there are simply ridiculous baiting. I really really want outsiders to be able to post as it adds massively to the forum.

Example

I said this morning

Barry is a versatile player, something that makes him even more appealing. He can play defence, midfield, and yes on more than one occasion an advance left sided attacker.

Would you consider that baiting, trolling, off topic? I was met with.

why are you still here Boggles, no one appreciates or wants your contributions and you just get people angry....

The same person said in the United Thread

bfletcher is not a good player (well i dont rate him at all), there was rumors for a while he was going to wigan and thats where his level is at. i would put him in the bottom 20% of prem midfielders in all honesty.

He was met with discussion from United fans of the pros and cons of Flethcher.

Do you see the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The 'Ignore List' is the most retarded and childish thing ever. This thread is just behind it.

ooh, harsh Xavi!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

take it to the Thunderdome kids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

And this is where the ignore feature falls down. Despite Biggles being on my ignore list, the fact that Rebel quoted him, I'm "forced":D to read it. In answer to you Rebel, I don't think he ever does.

And no, its not about being a big liverpool love in, its just about stopping the pointless purposful bickering. Objective critisism is fine, but im sure you can see that a lot of the posts in there are simply ridiculous baiting. I really really want outsiders to be able to post as it adds massively to the forum.
    I agree. It's the sniping, nit-picking, off-topic sh1t that really seems to make the Liverpool thread a nightmare sometimes. People don't seem to realise that it's about Rumours and General discussion. More so, they fell the need to dissect the minutia of every tabloid story that rears it's mal-informed head in relation to LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Such touchy touchy people that support teams in the north west of england i have noticed.

Its the Internet lads, if you dont like what people say...you have two choices.
    a) ignore it and move on with your discussion
    b) argue your point
    Simple, no?

I swear to god if pool fans and utd fans got their own way this forums would consist of threads which would look like this.
    The Liverpool Thread
    Generic Pool fan1: Isnt Torres great!
    Generic Pool fan2: Yes, he is
    Generic Pool fan3: Benitez! :D:D
    Generic Pool fan1: :D:D

The Utd Thread
    Generic Utd fan1: We won the double!
    Generic Utd fan2: We're the best
    Generic Utd fan3: Mad Fer It! :cool:

Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled kids running to the teacher every time someone says something you dont like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The point has been made.

Report the post.
    Use the ****ing ignore feature, jesus ****ing christ.

The people who once again took the thread off topic have been warned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement